I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Journalists prefer false precision to true uncertainty. Bad for public. fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-m… 9 hours ago
- You are the product to Equifax, experian and TransUnion, too. No way to avoid companies with significant effects on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Credit card companies keep paying airlines more; airlines give customers less. Amazing racket. Next to 100% margin. viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2017/09/21/mar… 9 hours ago
- LifeLock is using Equifax breach to pitch their service. Don't waste your money. You don't need @lifelock. Better, free ways to address. 13 hours ago
- Bumbling @equifax response gives plenty of opp for phishers. Company holding sensitive data has no clue abt security mashable.com/2017/09/20/equ… 16 hours ago
- Donald Trump is right
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Why running a Groupon can destroy your Yelp ratings
- Netflix throws away the disc in the US
Author Archives: Rakesh Agrawal
Note: I write about economics and finance. The obnoxious billionaire has some good ideas. Campaign finance reform. This is the root cause of much of the problems in the United States. Citizens United is a cancer on democracy. Trump is … Continue reading
We always hear about occupations that will be directly affected by self driving cars, such as taxi drivers and truck drivers. But there is a large ecosystem of occupations that benefit from bad driving. Police officers Magistrates Parking enforcement officers … Continue reading
There are many reasons to join a startup. Camaraderie. Working with a close knit team on a big challenge. Joy (for many) of ups and downs. Being close to the center of the action. Getting to work on things that … Continue reading
I was having dinner with a friend who works at a large payments company last night. One of the things that we discussed was the importance of using your client’s (or prospective client’s) products. If you’re visiting American Express, use … Continue reading
I was at Great America amusement park yesterday, getting my annual dose of being dropped from towers and jolted on roller coasters. When we stopped to eat, we saw a bank of food-ordering kiosks. As unlikely as it may seem, … Continue reading
I was walking with my wife through an art gallery at Wynn the other day. We saw this remarkable clock that made us stop while it went minute-by-minute. We weren’t the only ones — another couple stopped, too. Instead of … Continue reading