I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Good analysis of Apple Watch LTE vs. not. I ordered not. I would pay extra $70, but not $10/month. nytimes.com/2017/09/20/tec… 45 minutes ago
- How does this story not begin with "A Florida woman..." huffingtonpost.com/entry/mad-poop… via @HuffPostCrime 8 hours ago
- The @LindseyGrahamSC @BillCassidy bill is 15 9/11s... every year. theguardian.com/us-news/2017/j… 8 hours ago
- Shocked to hear that @jswartz was laid off from USA Today. Tremendous loss for not only USA Today, but tech community. 9 hours ago
- How the media fuels bubbles. twitter.com/yahoofinance/s… 9 hours ago
- Donald Trump is right
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon resource page
- Because manholes are round
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
- Packaged pani puri as progress
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Category Archives: travel
Last week I was skiing in Deer Valley when Groupon’s terrible earnings came out. While I was skiing, I got an email from CNBC asking if I could come on air to talk about them. We tried to get me … Continue reading
I woke up this morning to find a bill under my door for a $7.60 bottle of water, courtesy of the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. Apparently the bottle of water next to the bathroom sink wasn’t free. There wasn’t … Continue reading
The airline industry is one of the most volatile out there. I’ve had a chance to experience many of the ups and downs of the industry on a variety of U.S. and foreign carriers. U.S. carriers Alaska American Cape Air … Continue reading
In defending its actions in screening passengers, the TSA continually points to a CBS News Poll which claims that 80% of Americans support the scan. What does that really mean? Let’s take a look at the actual question that was … Continue reading
I’ve been doing a lot of travel the last few years and have gone through a lot of airports. There are huge variations in quality from airport to airport and even within terminals of the same airport. A few stand … Continue reading
Today marks the second anniversary of the launch of Virgin America, an upstart carrier that has inspired many loyal followers. Virgin America is a clear example of the benefits of starting from scratch. Among Virgin’s features: Brand new planes. Cheerful … Continue reading