I am Senior Director of Product at Audible.
I have been designing and marketing Internet services since 1993. I have worked at Tellme, AOL Search, uReach Technologies, washingtonpost.com and startribune.com.
On TwitterTweets by rakeshlobster
- Thoughts on living and dying
- A finance guide for millionaires and billionaires
- Rakesh’s travel secrets for your holiday travel
- Lobsterclass – free classes on product management
- Getting down to numbers: quantitative research
- Pricing the COVID-19 vaccine
- Favorite things, day 1: podcasts
- Rakesh’s travel secrets for your holiday travels
- Favorite things, day 2: credit cards
- Favorite things, day 3: Hawaii
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A phone that could only come from Apple
- Flickr places provides a wide-angle view of the world
- Anyone can be a journalist
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
- Investing in Groupon is like investing in a leaky bucket
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Earth Day and assholes
- 'Tellme about your new gig'
June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: rocky’s travel
Rakesh’s travel secrets for your holiday travels
Having flown more than two million miles, including more than 45,000 in the past month, Over the years, I’ve developed strategies for coping with the hassles of air travel. I hope you don’t need any of them on your holiday … Continue reading
Posted in airlines, rocky's travel, travel, Uncategorized Comments Off on Rakesh’s travel secrets for your holiday travels
Traveling to NYC 9/25-9/28
If you’re around town, ping me.
Posted in rocky's travel 1 Comment
Bad UX at Sea-Tac airport
See those black spots toward the top of the picture, about 30 feet above the ground? Those are flight arrival and departure displays. Really. It’s not just the height that’s a problem; the displays face a large glass wall. When … Continue reading
Posted in rocky's travel, travel, ui Comments Off on Bad UX at Sea-Tac airport
Aloha to Kauai
I finally got around to uploading the last of the pictures from my Kauai trip in February. Between the two of us, Wanita and I shot more than 1,000 pictures. I’ve narrowed them down to a highlights tour of 56. … Continue reading
Posted in flickr, photography, rocky's travel Comments Off on Aloha to Kauai
Merry Christmas to one and all and best wishes for a very happy new year. It’s been quite the interesting year at Casa Rocky. I’ve reaffirmed the power of friendship in a sometimes difficult year, spending time with and getting … Continue reading
Posted in personal, random, rocky's travel Comments Off on Merry Christmas
Bad user interface design at Dulles
If the city you’re going to begins with P-Z, move the giant stocking out of the way.
Posted in fun, random, rocky's travel, travel 4 Comments
Lake Tahoe and Reno pictures on flickr
Pictures from my trip to Lake Tahoe and Reno are online. Highlights of the trip were Emerald Bay, Virginia City and the National Automobile Museum in Reno. The museum is really the only thing in Reno I found worthwhile. Here … Continue reading
Posted in rocky's travel Comments Off on Lake Tahoe and Reno pictures on flickr
Back from vacation
Two of my favorite pictures: See the complete album on flickr, including the Wright Brothers National Memorial and the North American Sandsculpting Championship in Virginia Beach. Of course, there’s a map.
Posted in fun, photography, rocky's travel Comments Off on Back from vacation
I’m on vacation in Santa Fe until Wednesday. If you have any suggestions for places to eat or visit in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, please leave them in comments.
Posted in rocky's travel Comments Off on On vacation
In New Orleans for my second post-Katrina Jazz Fest.
Posted in rocky's travel 1 Comment