I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I can’t remember last time I saw a Taco Bell with an actual bell in it. (And, no, I didn’t come to Santa Barbara an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Buy the two pack of the Sonos one instead of HomePod. Fun find in downtown Santa Barbara. No retail though. https://t.co/5teWsTjhWq 2 hours ago
- Is there a better example of regulatory capture than the firearms industry in the US? 3 hours ago
- Another artifact of history. I’m tempted to get a card catalog cabinet for the house. Don’t know what I’d use it fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- If trump ever has a presser again, two questions: do you support the right of Muslims to own guns? Do you support t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Donald Trump is right
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Watson vs. Google
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Deep dish pizza near O'Hare - result found
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Why running a Groupon can destroy your Yelp ratings
- Tracking the trackers
February 2018 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Category Archives: strategy
I was having dinner with a friend who works at a large payments company last night. One of the things that we discussed was the importance of using your client’s (or prospective client’s) products. If you’re visiting American Express, use … Continue reading
I woke up this morning to find a bill under my door for a $7.60 bottle of water, courtesy of the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. Apparently the bottle of water next to the bathroom sink wasn’t free. There wasn’t … Continue reading
Apple retail stores celebrated their 10th anniversary last week. The stores have defied all analyst expectations and have become the highest grossing retailers in the world. The company’s market cap exceeds all of the other players in tech. Its $5,000 … Continue reading
Temporary housing site Airbnb is raising a $100 million round at a valuation exceeding $1 billion, according to TechCrunch. Airbnb is a great example of creating new markets through simplification. People have been selling rooms and temporary space through sites … Continue reading