I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I've been telling fellow naturalized citizens not to think Trump administration won't single you out. Sadly, right. mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/us/… 1 day ago
- #ux one of my favorite things in hotel apps. In my travels, room numbers tend to meld together. https://t.co/BlVbJWsJEZ 2 days ago
- Too easy to blame Uber and move on. Uber may be extreme, but this pressure is an industry-wide problem. sfchronicle.com/business/artic… 2 days ago
- Part of my new role involves consumer hardware. It's a totally different beast than services. VCs without hardware expertise will get burned 2 days ago
- Great teardown of @juicero. New textbook definition of over-engineering? blog.bolt.io/heres-why-juic… 2 days ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A cheap chic MP3 player
- Technology's effects on our language
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Because manholes are round
- 6 ways a DVR is better than hulu
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
April 2017 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: strategy
I was having dinner with a friend who works at a large payments company last night. One of the things that we discussed was the importance of using your client’s (or prospective client’s) products. If you’re visiting American Express, use … Continue reading
I woke up this morning to find a bill under my door for a $7.60 bottle of water, courtesy of the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. Apparently the bottle of water next to the bathroom sink wasn’t free. There wasn’t … Continue reading
Apple retail stores celebrated their 10th anniversary last week. The stores have defied all analyst expectations and have become the highest grossing retailers in the world. The company’s market cap exceeds all of the other players in tech. Its $5,000 … Continue reading
Temporary housing site Airbnb is raising a $100 million round at a valuation exceeding $1 billion, according to TechCrunch. Airbnb is a great example of creating new markets through simplification. People have been selling rooms and temporary space through sites … Continue reading