I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- #ux: NONE of @OpenTable recommendations here are in SF (where I used to live) or NYC (where I live). Total fail. https://t.co/xzRTUxXvrZ 1 hour ago
- Our health care sys: @cvspharmacy bills insurer $71 for generic. Insurer pays ~$20 and charges me $10. Walmart sell same drug for $4 total. 14 hours ago
- I'm going to have pay slightly more in taxes so @SpeakerRyan can't kill poor and sick people. Fuck... yeah! 16 hours ago
- So nice of Spicer to throw @SpeakerRyan under the bus. I predicted before the whole debacle began that Ryan would be biggest loser. 21 hours ago
- $7.60 for an unqualified lead is crazy expensive in this context. https://t.co/sbyJjN0c6A 1 day ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- How not to design an ATM
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Gimme my money: remaking the ATM to get you cash faster
- Algorithms versus car dealers
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Why running a Groupon can destroy your Yelp ratings
March 2017 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: strategy
I was having dinner with a friend who works at a large payments company last night. One of the things that we discussed was the importance of using your client’s (or prospective client’s) products. If you’re visiting American Express, use … Continue reading
I woke up this morning to find a bill under my door for a $7.60 bottle of water, courtesy of the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. Apparently the bottle of water next to the bathroom sink wasn’t free. There wasn’t … Continue reading
Apple retail stores celebrated their 10th anniversary last week. The stores have defied all analyst expectations and have become the highest grossing retailers in the world. The company’s market cap exceeds all of the other players in tech. Its $5,000 … Continue reading
Temporary housing site Airbnb is raising a $100 million round at a valuation exceeding $1 billion, according to TechCrunch. Airbnb is a great example of creating new markets through simplification. People have been selling rooms and temporary space through sites … Continue reading