I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- #ux: NONE of @OpenTable recommendations here are in SF (where I used to live) or NYC (where I live). Total fail. https://t.co/xzRTUxXvrZ 1 hour ago
- Our health care sys: @cvspharmacy bills insurer $71 for generic. Insurer pays ~$20 and charges me $10. Walmart sell same drug for $4 total. 14 hours ago
- I'm going to have pay slightly more in taxes so @SpeakerRyan can't kill poor and sick people. Fuck... yeah! 16 hours ago
- So nice of Spicer to throw @SpeakerRyan under the bus. I predicted before the whole debacle began that Ryan would be biggest loser. 21 hours ago
- $7.60 for an unqualified lead is crazy expensive in this context. https://t.co/sbyJjN0c6A 1 day ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- How not to design an ATM
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Gimme my money: remaking the ATM to get you cash faster
- Algorithms versus car dealers
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Why running a Groupon can destroy your Yelp ratings
March 2017 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Uncategorized
We always hear about occupations that will be directly affected by self driving cars, such as taxi drivers and truck drivers. But there is a large ecosystem of occupations that benefit from bad driving. Police officers Magistrates Parking enforcement officers … Continue reading
There are many reasons to join a startup. Camaraderie. Working with a close knit team on a big challenge. Joy (for many) of ups and downs. Being close to the center of the action. Getting to work on things that … Continue reading
I was at Great America amusement park yesterday, getting my annual dose of being dropped from towers and jolted on roller coasters. When we stopped to eat, we saw a bank of food-ordering kiosks. As unlikely as it may seem, … Continue reading
I was walking with my wife through an art gallery at Wynn the other day. We saw this remarkable clock that made us stop while it went minute-by-minute. We weren’t the only ones — another couple stopped, too. Instead of … Continue reading
Preface: Obviously my experience is nowhere in the same league as those we saw this week., but I think it illustrates some of the problems that lead us to where we are. A couple of years ago, I was at Katz … Continue reading
Biz trivia: what beer should the next president drink if she wants to support the largest American-owned brewery? — Rakesh Agrawal (@rakeshlobster) June 19, 2016 This is a quadruple trick question. The first trick: Many people who don’t know the depths … Continue reading
The Internet gives people the ability to express themselves however they want. But it doesn’t allow them to talk with impunity. If you publish misleading or inaccurate information about someone, they can sue you. Here are the key terms you … Continue reading