I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I expected @espn demos to be predominately male. But not 94% male. espn.com/mediakit/resea… 6 hours ago
- This is one reason many people hate media: a refusal to acknowledge errors. @AP goes to Trump school of PR. washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wem… 8 hours ago
- Never underestimate the Internet's desire to buy $1 for 75 cents. blog.onradpad.com/an-update-on-o… 9 hours ago
- This will be a huge improvement. Having old-style toll booths when you have all-electronic tolling makes no sense. sfexaminer.com/golden-gate-br… 10 hours ago
- Interesting payments strategy by @Kohls. Make credits card as flimsy and sticky as possible - much easier to lose. https://t.co/pYIjspFWcQ 13 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- So you're thinking about joining a startup...
- Breaking news: CNN.com rising, CNN falling
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Category Archives: Uncategorized
There are many reasons to join a startup. Camaraderie. Working with a close knit team on a big challenge. Joy (for many) of ups and downs. Being close to the center of the action. Getting to work on things that … Continue reading
I was at Great America amusement park yesterday, getting my annual dose of being dropped from towers and jolted on roller coasters. When we stopped to eat, we saw a bank of food-ordering kiosks. As unlikely as it may seem, … Continue reading
I was walking with my wife through an art gallery at Wynn the other day. We saw this remarkable clock that made us stop while it went minute-by-minute. We weren’t the only ones — another couple stopped, too. Instead of … Continue reading
Preface: Obviously my experience is nowhere in the same league as those we saw this week., but I think it illustrates some of the problems that lead us to where we are. A couple of years ago, I was at Katz … Continue reading
Biz trivia: what beer should the next president drink if she wants to support the largest American-owned brewery? — Rakesh Agrawal (@rakeshlobster) June 19, 2016 This is a quadruple trick question. The first trick: Many people who don’t know the depths … Continue reading
The Internet gives people the ability to express themselves however they want. But it doesn’t allow them to talk with impunity. If you publish misleading or inaccurate information about someone, they can sue you. Here are the key terms you … Continue reading