I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- This has got to be one of the stupidest names for a stadium. Though they will always be Comiskey and Pac Bell Park. chicagobusiness.com/article/201608… 7 hours ago
- Irony of visiting Tesla factory: spending two and half hours in Bay Area traffic without autopilot. https://t.co/QewpqA6L91 10 hours ago
- Happy birthday, National Parks! https://t.co/9U9Lpijtss 15 hours ago
- RT @chrislhayes: White supremacists respond to Hillary's speech, w/ basically. "She's right. We are SUPER RACIST" twitter.com/kasie/status/7… 15 hours ago
- The 2016 election - making Bourne movies look realistic. huffingtonpost.com/entry/ann-coul… 16 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Technology's effects on our language
- Sam Altman will clean your house for $5
- A wow experience from United Airlines. Wow.
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Getting out of your cell phone contract for free
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Groupon was forced to restate fourth quarter earnings, sending its stock down 6% in after-hours trading. This surprised me as much as my $2 investment in the Mega Millions jackpot not paying off. The reasons for Groupon’s restatement were higher … Continue reading
I’ll be in New York next week. I’m holding office hours at the Standard Biergarten starting at 6:30 p.m. Stop by and say “Hi!” Tweet at @rakeshlobster if you’re coming. (I’ll tweet when I’m leaving.)
This contains a summary of my work, where I’ve been quoted by others as well as some other highlights of the week. My work PayPal at retail is a terrible product — I had a chance to look at PayPal’s new … Continue reading
Grim This chart shows U.S. newspaper print revenue in nominal dollars. Grimmer Take the same data and adjust it for inflation. Now we’re nearly at 1950 levels. (2011 dollars) Grimmest Now take the inflation adjusted data and do a per … Continue reading
I’m testing a new feature summarizing my work and interesting finds of the week. This will contain a summary of my work, where I’ve been quoted by others as well as some other highlights of the week. My work 11 … Continue reading
No, I will not be at SXSW this year. But in an effort to make connecting with me easier, I’m posting a public calendar.