I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Campaign ad with just the white supremacists @realdonaldtrump retweeted would be powerful. dailykos.com/story/2016/8/2… 4 hours ago
- I haven't tried it yet. The few people I video chat with are on FaceTime. I'd have to convince them to switch. digit.in/apps/google-du… 4 hours ago
- RT @skupor: Obama proposes new rules to allow immigrant founders to stay in US washingtonpost.com/news/innovatio… 4 hours ago
- Which term is more offensive? 6 hours ago
- CEO of Visa signs on to equal pay for women. https://t.co/wJ0Lp7Qgr7 7 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Sam Altman will clean your house for $5
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- A wow experience from United Airlines. Wow.
Monthly Archives: April 2007
In New Orleans for my second post-Katrina Jazz Fest.
This is a half Earth Day/half bad marketing rant. If you’re running a conference and want to give out T-shirts, make the designs something people will want to wear. I’m talking to you, Search Engine Strategies. Your T-shirt is so … Continue reading
Every week, I get an email from United Airlines telling me about their e-fares for the coming weekend. Almost every week, I ignore this email because the information isn’t relevant to me. This week’s email includes fares from Burbank to … Continue reading
I got an unpleasant surprise today – an avalanche of spam in 90 minutes. And technically, I was the one sending it. Or at least that’s what the mailservers thought. Our current email system was created in a time when … Continue reading
I added a video clip from The Simpsons to the Marge Simpson discovers Google post. It’s also below. Enjoy.
The American Institute of Architects has a compilation of 150 structures as part of the online exhibit America’s Favorite Architecture. As with any such “top” list, there’s bound to be disagreement, but the site is worth exploring. The list is … Continue reading
Today’s Wall Street Journal has a story on the hassles of buying online and picking up in store (subscription required). The story includes experiences where the item isn’t available, orders are canceled and other inconveniences. It fairly accurately reflects my … Continue reading