I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Apple boss: We have a human right to privacy via @mdudas telegraph.co.uk/technology/app… 1 day ago
- Outlook app users: anyway to add @tripit calendar to its calendar? 2 days ago
- RT @erikbryn: "in the entire history of the US airline industry, cumulative earnings have been negative $33B" vox.com/2014/8/27/6075… via @m… 2 days ago
- RT @kevinrose: Tim Cook says that the Apple Watch will "replace your cars keys", I disagree, @Uber will replace your car keys 2 days ago
- RT @VisaSecurity: [INFOGRAPHIC] What’s a chip card? vi.sa/1w0Yy3b http://t.co/3X4SsZMd3f 2 days ago
- VB on the road: Developer Roadshow coming to Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal March 2, 2015
- Android Lollipop hits 3.3% adoption, KitKat passes 40%, and Jelly Bean continues to slide March 2, 2015
- Netflix will launch in New Zealand and Australia on March 24 March 2, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place March 2, 2015
- You can now embed Twitter video on your website March 2, 2015
- Mozilla launches 64-bit Firefox Developer Edition for Windows March 2, 2015
- Altimeter Group report finds possible win-win for brands and consumers in the Internet of things March 2, 2015
- Google unveils a slew of new features for Android game developers March 2, 2015
- Unreal Engine 4 goes free — but Epic Games still gets its 5% cut of your royalties March 2, 2015
- Zuckerberg, mobile carriers talk bottom line benefits of Internet.org March 2, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- My genius list
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Groupon was forced to restate fourth quarter earnings, sending its stock down 6% in after-hours trading. This surprised me as much as my $2 investment in the Mega Millions jackpot not paying off. The reasons for Groupon’s restatement were higher … Continue reading
I’ll be in New York next week. I’m holding office hours at the Standard Biergarten starting at 6:30 p.m. Stop by and say “Hi!” Tweet at @rakeshlobster if you’re coming. (I’ll tweet when I’m leaving.)
This contains a summary of my work, where I’ve been quoted by others as well as some other highlights of the week. My work PayPal at retail is a terrible product – I had a chance to look at PayPal’s new … Continue reading
Grim This chart shows U.S. newspaper print revenue in nominal dollars. Grimmer Take the same data and adjust it for inflation. Now we’re nearly at 1950 levels. (2011 dollars) Grimmest Now take the inflation adjusted data and do a per … Continue reading
I’m testing a new feature summarizing my work and interesting finds of the week. This will contain a summary of my work, where I’ve been quoted by others as well as some other highlights of the week. My work 11 … Continue reading
No, I will not be at SXSW this year. But in an effort to make connecting with me easier, I’m posting a public calendar.