I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @mblumenthal: @rakeshlobster Great question. Problem is Nokia sucks as much as TeleAtlas fixing stuff. Some signs of improve, not enough… 6 days ago
- Who is Nokia Here most valuable to? Apple, Uber, Facebook... ? @mblumenthal 6 days ago
- A Call for New Type of Mapping Platform ... Fun day dreaming. Google is best positioned to provide this. theinformation.com/A-Call-for-New… 6 days ago
- RT @MaxCRoser: What the History of Camera Sales Looks Like with Smartphones Included (Source: bit.ly/1EqUYC7) http://t.co/Esaxx1D7… 6 days ago
- RT @RakeshAgrawal: What Uber is killing (it's not the taxi industry) detroitnews.com/story/opinion/… via @reillybrennan http://t.co/XG5BddZ8nU 6 days ago
- Norway announces nationwide FM radio shut-off April 19, 2015
- How contextual apps can finally make smart devices smart April 19, 2015
- New FiOS bundles draw criticism from ESPN April 19, 2015
- Why tech accelerators may soon be as irrelevant as an MBA April 19, 2015
- Snapchat signs deal for a second season of ‘Literally Can’t Even’ April 19, 2015
- Elon Musk: SpaceX’s Falcon 9 landing failed due to ‘slower than expected throttle valve response’ April 19, 2015
- The Backed Pack: A VPN secure box, a comfortable keyboard, & a clever waking solution April 18, 2015
- 5 things to do if you let a customer down April 18, 2015
- The Pirate Bay opens up registration to new users, months after coming back online April 18, 2015
- Startups, prioritize growth (but not at the expense of profitability) April 18, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Because manholes are round
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don't want it? Get your money back
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Groupon was forced to restate fourth quarter earnings, sending its stock down 6% in after-hours trading. This surprised me as much as my $2 investment in the Mega Millions jackpot not paying off. The reasons for Groupon’s restatement were higher … Continue reading
I’ll be in New York next week. I’m holding office hours at the Standard Biergarten starting at 6:30 p.m. Stop by and say “Hi!” Tweet at @rakeshlobster if you’re coming. (I’ll tweet when I’m leaving.)
This contains a summary of my work, where I’ve been quoted by others as well as some other highlights of the week. My work PayPal at retail is a terrible product — I had a chance to look at PayPal’s new … Continue reading
Grim This chart shows U.S. newspaper print revenue in nominal dollars. Grimmer Take the same data and adjust it for inflation. Now we’re nearly at 1950 levels. (2011 dollars) Grimmest Now take the inflation adjusted data and do a per … Continue reading
I’m testing a new feature summarizing my work and interesting finds of the week. This will contain a summary of my work, where I’ve been quoted by others as well as some other highlights of the week. My work 11 … Continue reading
No, I will not be at SXSW this year. But in an effort to make connecting with me easier, I’m posting a public calendar.