I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Parking meters are a killer use case for Apple pay. Current solutions like @Parkmobile and @pay_by_phone are usability disasters. 7 hours ago
- Apple Pay: Coming To 200,000 Vending Machines And Parking Meters businessinsider.com/apple-pay-comi… 7 hours ago
- #ux what is wrong with this interface? http://t.co/HKajemG3Dg 7 hours ago
- FCC chairman mocks industry claims that customers don’t need faster Internet | Ars Technica arstechnica.com/business/2015/… 8 hours ago
- Apple's market cap increased 2 snapchats or 1/2 @Uber today. Unrelated: Uber is bigger than lowest market cap Dow component. $TRV 9 hours ago
- Apple generated more revenue in one quarter than Google did in all of 2014 January 30, 2015
- A cloud for every industry — real estate, health care, & beyond January 30, 2015
- Industrial Toys launches its Midnight Rises digital graphic novel January 30, 2015
- Why Singapore is hoping to attract U.S. startups January 30, 2015
- Amazon has more reason to become a mobile operator than Google does January 30, 2015
- What to Think, Ep. 39: File sharing frenemies January 30, 2015
- Why Product Hunt went from intimate community to the hottest marketing platform in town January 30, 2015
- Hurrah! Amazon will finally disclose finances for its Amazon Web Services cloud business January 29, 2015
- Google misses in Q4 2014 with $14.48B revenue, $6.88 EPS on slowing ad revenue growth January 29, 2015
- Amazon breaks its losing streak, with EPS of $0.45 on net sales of $29.33B January 29, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- My genius list
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Maps takes to the skies with JetBlue
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Groupon was forced to restate fourth quarter earnings, sending its stock down 6% in after-hours trading. This surprised me as much as my $2 investment in the Mega Millions jackpot not paying off. The reasons for Groupon’s restatement were higher … Continue reading
I’ll be in New York next week. I’m holding office hours at the Standard Biergarten starting at 6:30 p.m. Stop by and say “Hi!” Tweet at @rakeshlobster if you’re coming. (I’ll tweet when I’m leaving.)
This contains a summary of my work, where I’ve been quoted by others as well as some other highlights of the week. My work PayPal at retail is a terrible product – I had a chance to look at PayPal’s new … Continue reading
Grim This chart shows U.S. newspaper print revenue in nominal dollars. Grimmer Take the same data and adjust it for inflation. Now we’re nearly at 1950 levels. (2011 dollars) Grimmest Now take the inflation adjusted data and do a per … Continue reading
I’m testing a new feature summarizing my work and interesting finds of the week. This will contain a summary of my work, where I’ve been quoted by others as well as some other highlights of the week. My work 11 … Continue reading
No, I will not be at SXSW this year. But in an effort to make connecting with me easier, I’m posting a public calendar.