I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @danprimack: The story of @realDonaldTrump trying to take an old lady's house for his casino project washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/styl… 8 hours ago
- Medicare and VA are socialized medicine. Maybe we should get rid of them. #GOPDebate 8 hours ago
- And don't forget that my mom endorsed me. Please clap. #GOPDebate 8 hours ago
- #GOPDebate Do you support the right of Muslims to own guns? 8 hours ago
- I wish I had a job where I could not show up 1/3 of the time and use that time to look for a new job. 8 hours ago
- Nine wants you to ‘meet Instagrammers through your best 9 photos’ February 7, 2016
- Twitter users decry reported plan to prioritize tweets February 7, 2016
- Red Dead Redemption is playable on Xbox One after getting backward compatibility February 6, 2016
- 6 tips for hiring and nurturing great female techies February 6, 2016
- German watchdog wants user data considered before approving Internet mergers February 6, 2016
- Guide to China’s supply chain gets endorsement from Snowden February 6, 2016
- How to be a non-consensus entrepreneur February 6, 2016
- How to avoid the next Parse-shutdown scenario February 6, 2016
- Amazon starts to care about profit margins February 6, 2016
- Those Super Bowl instant replays you’ll love run off Intel’s tech February 6, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Groupon resource page
- Why don't local businesses use the Internet?
- Best practices for April Fool's Day
Monthly Archives: December 2007
This week’s interesting reads: Futurist: Digital TV’s Mixed Signals (CQ) – Congressional Quarterly takes a look at the impact of government action/inaction on the development and adoption of technology. As we near the Feb. 2009 date when analog broadcasting in … Continue reading
Since I wrote earlier about the difficulties I had using search engines to find deep dish pizza, this blog has become the number one Google result for the query “deep dish pizza at O’Hare.” In the interest of serving my … Continue reading
I’ve spent much of this year in airports and on airplanes. (Including 11 hours at O’Hare on Sunday for a fruitless trip.) Over the years, I’ve developed strategies for coping with the hassles of air travel. I hope you don’t … Continue reading
Merry Christmas to one and all and best wishes for a very happy new year. It’s been quite the interesting year at Casa Rocky. I’ve reaffirmed the power of friendship in a sometimes difficult year, spending time with and getting … Continue reading
I’ve been waiting at O’Hare now for five hours now. I still have at least three hours to go, assuming United doesn’t cancel my flight. My scheduled 5:45 p.m. flight is showing an estimated departure time of 10:33 p.m. It’s … Continue reading
This week’s round up of interesting reads and views: Why Nobody Likes a Smart Machine (NYTimes) – A look at usability issues and the impact of product design on humans. It comes ahead of Christmas Day, when many people will … Continue reading