I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- looks like my call on $FIT was right. 1 day ago
- Looking forward to trying @VirginAmerica new Hawaii service ... even more so now that they'll have fast internet. 1 day ago
- Great news for travelers: @VirginAmerica to 8-10x internet speed, allow streaming video on 10 new planes. virginamerica.com/cms/about-our-… 1 day ago
- .@hunterwalk is an amazing interviewer 2 days ago
- .@kevingibbon: pattern matching is overweighted in Silicon Valley. (Intvu with @hunterwalk.) amen. I know Cs and Ds who work at FB. 2 days ago
- Russia’s Kaspersky threatened to ‘rub out’ rival, email shows August 29, 2015
- LinkedIn acquires predictive marketing firm Fliptop to boost its Sales Solutions offering August 29, 2015
- Yep, gameplay video shows Lawbreakers is a CliffyB shooter August 29, 2015
- U.S. International Trade Commission clears Microsoft of patent infringement August 29, 2015
- Apple Watch is disrupting the ‘Interruption Economy’ August 28, 2015
- Uber hires Jeep-hacking security researchers to improve car technology August 28, 2015
- Alleged PlayStation Network, Xbox Live cyberattackers arrested by U.K. law enforcement August 28, 2015
- Search startup Qbox raises $2.4M to develop a front end for non-technical users August 28, 2015
- Data-driven marketing: With new solutions come new challenges August 28, 2015
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III had the PlayStation 4’s biggest multiplayer beta August 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- Donald Trump is right
- Groupon resource page
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
Monthly Archives: December 2007
This week’s interesting reads: Futurist: Digital TV’s Mixed Signals (CQ) – Congressional Quarterly takes a look at the impact of government action/inaction on the development and adoption of technology. As we near the Feb. 2009 date when analog broadcasting in … Continue reading
Since I wrote earlier about the difficulties I had using search engines to find deep dish pizza, this blog has become the number one Google result for the query “deep dish pizza at O’Hare.” In the interest of serving my … Continue reading
I’ve spent much of this year in airports and on airplanes. (Including 11 hours at O’Hare on Sunday for a fruitless trip.) Over the years, I’ve developed strategies for coping with the hassles of air travel. I hope you don’t … Continue reading
Merry Christmas to one and all and best wishes for a very happy new year. It’s been quite the interesting year at Casa Rocky. I’ve reaffirmed the power of friendship in a sometimes difficult year, spending time with and getting … Continue reading
I’ve been waiting at O’Hare now for five hours now. I still have at least three hours to go, assuming United doesn’t cancel my flight. My scheduled 5:45 p.m. flight is showing an estimated departure time of 10:33 p.m. It’s … Continue reading
This week’s round up of interesting reads and views: Why Nobody Likes a Smart Machine (NYTimes) – A look at usability issues and the impact of product design on humans. It comes ahead of Christmas Day, when many people will … Continue reading