I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I went to Yellowstone and didn't see bears! One star. twitter.com/jtemple/status… 15 hours ago
- From a friend: I miss the days of true journalism. Now the media is afraid to be scooped by a tweet 15 hours ago
- There's still a lot of work in revamping the banking experience. redesignmobile.com/2015/09/29/red… 15 hours ago
- Amazing Twitter doesn't have similar functionality. Auto bookmark links I tweet/tweeted to me. tcrn.ch/2bSp0aJ 16 hours ago
- Almost every week, Lyft gives T-mobile subscribers a free ride. (Including to existing customers.) That ain't good. usatoday.com/story/tech/new… 1 day ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Technology's effects on our language
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- How not to design an ATM
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- The economics of LivingSocial/Whole Foods-like deals
Category Archives: yahoo
Seen over the weekend: ads for bing and Yahoo! on Google search results for “Michael Jackson”. The bing ad led to bing’s xRank page for Michael Jackson. The Yahoo! ad bizarrely led to a Yahoo! shopping results page for Michael … Continue reading
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
A friend asked me today “Does one Bear Stearns bailout equal the entire newspaper industry?” I decided to find out. Although there isn’t a clear answer, I was surprised by how small the newspaper industry is. Here are the market … Continue reading
Tellmes know how to throw a great party. The annual St. Patrick’s Day party was a jolly good time. Colleagues from Microsoft’s Silicon Valley campus joined us in the courtyard for limerick and mashed potato sculpting contests. The winning sculpture? … Continue reading