I had a chance to sit down with Albert Wegner of Union Square Ventures yesterday as part of a book I’m working on.
Wegner is a gracious and brilliant man. He offered his insights on a wide range of topics. It’s a must listen for any entrepreneur or investor. If you’re not already a reader of his blog, Continuations, you should be. It’s fantastic.
I will be using this content for a book as well as blog posts. But in the spirit of the Internet, I’m making the audio available in advance.
Among the topics we covered:
- Current valuations in private markets.
- The rise of mobile.
- Network effects businesses.
- Advice for public market investors thinking about Internet companies.
- Decline of newspaper industry.
- JOBS Act.
- Kozmo vs. Postmates.
- How the IPO process can be improved.
- Agency problems between GPs and LPs.
I don’t have the time right now to transcribe this. So I’m going to start an experiment: I’ve created a Google Doc. Anyone is welcome to edit it.