I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Yup. All the issues we learned in 60s and 70s with redlining, lodging discrimination, etc. are re-surfacing. twitter.com/rdoddala/statu… 33 minutes ago
- Really terrific to see @nextdoor and @niravtolia acting on this. Racism (subtle or not) exists everywhere. fusion.net/story/340171/h… 45 minutes ago
- Getting people to pay for something like this is going to be really hard. cnn.com/2016/08/04/hea… 17 hours ago
- For some reason, there is no republican equivalent at this street festival in Palo Alto. Can't figure out why. https://t.co/nBP4F6lMZZ 22 hours ago
- Awesome potentially life saving move by @waze. Every nav should have this option. https://t.co/2rXfv2sds6 1 day ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don't want it? Get your money back
- The strategy of the Feud
- Why Netflix's split won't help with its real problems
- Why running a Groupon can destroy your Yelp ratings
- Technology's effects on our language
Monthly Archives: April 2012
I didn’t write any posts this week! I spent the first part of the week in Chicago chatting with current and former Groupon employees and with the folks at edo Interactive, Braintree and GrubHub. GrubHub has a very interesting product … Continue reading
This contains a summary of my work this week. I had two very important non-Groupon stories this week, on Facebook and Twitter. My work Secrets of Facebook’s success: Virality — Facebook’s photo tagging feature was an important driver of its growth. … Continue reading
Since the mid-90s, I’ve been a frequent traveler. I’ve flown more than a million miles and stayed the equivalent of several years in hotel rooms. All of this can take a big toll on friendships and relationships. I recently came … Continue reading
Back in the day, I used to like to tinker with software and set configurations and such. The picture above is me working on my Commodore 64 a long, long time go. Back then, I rocked BASIC. I even wrote … Continue reading
I have this bet with Paul Kedrosky: If Groupon’s market cap falls below $6 billion on any day on or before June 3, I win. If Groupon’s market cap stays above $6 billion until after June 3, Paul wins. Market … Continue reading
Dear Andrew: As you may have heard, I am coming back to Chicago in the next couple of weeks for another round of Groupon research. Although you didn’t take me up on my invitation the last time I visited Chicago, … Continue reading