I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I'd say Trump would tweet things at 3 am @JustinTrudeau. But he probably has no idea who that is. (Like @GovGaryJohnson ) 19 hours ago
- Correction: @dcurtis and @nhglass tell me notifications work over wifi. Bluetooth range is not a requirement. twitter.com/rakeshlobster/… 19 hours ago
- Apple Watch comes to restaurant industry. Makes sense. Better than everyone carrying iPads. One 2 many would be good eater.com/2016/9/28/1309… 21 hours ago
- Another first-time Non-Republican endorsement. Conservative media outlets have guts, while @SpeakerRyan cowers. sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/editor… 1 day ago
- One of the rare designs of the Commodore 64. I started programming on the older style. geek.com/tech/a-commodo… 1 day ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- So you're thinking about joining a startup...
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
Monthly Archives: April 2012
I didn’t write any posts this week! I spent the first part of the week in Chicago chatting with current and former Groupon employees and with the folks at edo Interactive, Braintree and GrubHub. GrubHub has a very interesting product … Continue reading
This contains a summary of my work this week. I had two very important non-Groupon stories this week, on Facebook and Twitter. My work Secrets of Facebook’s success: Virality — Facebook’s photo tagging feature was an important driver of its growth. … Continue reading
Since the mid-90s, I’ve been a frequent traveler. I’ve flown more than a million miles and stayed the equivalent of several years in hotel rooms. All of this can take a big toll on friendships and relationships. I recently came … Continue reading
Back in the day, I used to like to tinker with software and set configurations and such. The picture above is me working on my Commodore 64 a long, long time go. Back then, I rocked BASIC. I even wrote … Continue reading
I have this bet with Paul Kedrosky: If Groupon’s market cap falls below $6 billion on any day on or before June 3, I win. If Groupon’s market cap stays above $6 billion until after June 3, Paul wins. Market … Continue reading
Dear Andrew: As you may have heard, I am coming back to Chicago in the next couple of weeks for another round of Groupon research. Although you didn’t take me up on my invitation the last time I visited Chicago, … Continue reading