I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I expected @espn demos to be predominately male. But not 94% male. espn.com/mediakit/resea… 6 hours ago
- This is one reason many people hate media: a refusal to acknowledge errors. @AP goes to Trump school of PR. washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wem… 8 hours ago
- Never underestimate the Internet's desire to buy $1 for 75 cents. blog.onradpad.com/an-update-on-o… 9 hours ago
- This will be a huge improvement. Having old-style toll booths when you have all-electronic tolling makes no sense. sfexaminer.com/golden-gate-br… 10 hours ago
- Interesting payments strategy by @Kohls. Make credits card as flimsy and sticky as possible - much easier to lose. https://t.co/pYIjspFWcQ 13 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- So you're thinking about joining a startup...
- Breaking news: CNN.com rising, CNN falling
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Monthly Archives: October 2011
This is a compilation of the best news coverage I see of the Groupon IPO. I won’t be including items from this blog on the list, but will include my work elsewhere. Other sources: Jim Cramer says “This is not … Continue reading
On Tuesday, I led a live viewing of the Groupon IPO roadshow video on Chill, a great new site for interacting with others while watching video. The video below includes my analysis of the Groupon roadshow, as well as my … Continue reading
Quick: How many people bought a Groupon in the third quarter? The obvious, easy answer based on the latest S-1 is 29.5 million. That’s what Reuters wrote yesterday. (They rounded up to 30 million.) But that number is wrong. What … Continue reading
Through much of its roadshow presentation, Groupon tries to make the claim that it’s a technology company. At one point, CEO Andrew Mason bizarrely uses a cyborg to illustrate how much the company is about technology. From a company perspective, … Continue reading
I woke up this morning to find a bill under my door for a $7.60 bottle of water, courtesy of the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. Apparently the bottle of water next to the bathroom sink wasn’t free. There wasn’t … Continue reading
I’m sometimes asked if I ghost write under other names or post comments anonymously about Groupon. I do not. Everything I’ve written about Groupon and the daily deals space has been posted under my name. I do, however, answer a … Continue reading
Groupon finally announced the details of its much awaited IPO. The company seeks a valuation that is between 1/3 and 1/2 of what was rumored when its first S-1 was published in June. Although the numbers are on the surface … Continue reading