I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I can’t remember last time I saw a Taco Bell with an actual bell in it. (And, no, I didn’t come to Santa Barbara an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Buy the two pack of the Sonos one instead of HomePod. Fun find in downtown Santa Barbara. No retail though. https://t.co/5teWsTjhWq 3 hours ago
- Is there a better example of regulatory capture than the firearms industry in the US? 3 hours ago
- Another artifact of history. I’m tempted to get a card catalog cabinet for the house. Don’t know what I’d use it fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- If trump ever has a presser again, two questions: do you support the right of Muslims to own guns? Do you support t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Donald Trump is right
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Watson vs. Google
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Deep dish pizza near O'Hare - result found
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Why running a Groupon can destroy your Yelp ratings
- Tracking the trackers
Monthly Archives: June 2011
In early May, I bought a Groupon for Robb’s Really Good Food. It’s a food cart in Portland, Ore. Before I got a chance to use it, Robb sold his food cart. (He plans to open a new one.) I … Continue reading
I know there has been a lot of negativity on this blog lately in connection with my coverage of the daily deals space. New readers may be wondering, what the hell? Does this guy like anything? Well, in fact I … Continue reading
That’s right, the CEO of Loopt will personally clean your house for $5. But only if 1,000 people sign up. Only, I haven’t told him about the deal yet. He may not agree, but I’m using his name anyway. Hell, … Continue reading
I admit it. I am in the bag for Virgin America. I have been since before they took off. (Literally.) I once live tweeted a flight to San Diego using their in-flight WiFi. Savvy travelers will recognize that the picture … Continue reading
Here is a sample merchant agreement that I received. This one is from January 2011. Merchant Agreement Date of Agreement: 1/XX/2011 Merchant Name(herein referred to as “Merchant”): This “Merchant Agreement” or “Agreement”, effective as of the above date (“Effective Date”), … Continue reading