I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Driverless cars have huge ability to shape design of our cities. Nice to see @MikeBloomberg taking the lead. washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-swit… 17 minutes ago
- Should also be added to facebook post button. twitter.com/inafried/statu… 10 hours ago
- I am always sure to properly name any terrorists groups and criminals in memo lines on payment mechanisms. twitter.com/curaffairs/sta… 10 hours ago
- Good overview of potential harms to consumer from such vertical integration. Emphasis on potential. twitter.com/consumerreport… 10 hours ago
- RT @edbott: Irony is dead. twitter.com/williamjordann… 10 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Watson vs. Google
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Because manholes are round
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- So you're thinking about joining a startup...
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Monthly Archives: June 2011
In early May, I bought a Groupon for Robb’s Really Good Food. It’s a food cart in Portland, Ore. Before I got a chance to use it, Robb sold his food cart. (He plans to open a new one.) I … Continue reading
I know there has been a lot of negativity on this blog lately in connection with my coverage of the daily deals space. New readers may be wondering, what the hell? Does this guy like anything? Well, in fact I … Continue reading
That’s right, the CEO of Loopt will personally clean your house for $5. But only if 1,000 people sign up. Only, I haven’t told him about the deal yet. He may not agree, but I’m using his name anyway. Hell, … Continue reading
I admit it. I am in the bag for Virgin America. I have been since before they took off. (Literally.) I once live tweeted a flight to San Diego using their in-flight WiFi. Savvy travelers will recognize that the picture … Continue reading
Here is a sample merchant agreement that I received. This one is from January 2011. Merchant Agreement Date of Agreement: 1/XX/2011 Merchant Name(herein referred to as “Merchant”): This “Merchant Agreement” or “Agreement”, effective as of the above date (“Effective Date”), … Continue reading