I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I've been telling fellow naturalized citizens not to think Trump administration won't single you out. Sadly, right. mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/us/… 1 day ago
- #ux one of my favorite things in hotel apps. In my travels, room numbers tend to meld together. https://t.co/BlVbJWsJEZ 2 days ago
- Too easy to blame Uber and move on. Uber may be extreme, but this pressure is an industry-wide problem. sfchronicle.com/business/artic… 2 days ago
- Part of my new role involves consumer hardware. It's a totally different beast than services. VCs without hardware expertise will get burned 2 days ago
- Great teardown of @juicero. New textbook definition of over-engineering? blog.bolt.io/heres-why-juic… 2 days ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A cheap chic MP3 player
- Technology's effects on our language
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Because manholes are round
- 6 ways a DVR is better than hulu
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
Monthly Archives: June 2011
In early May, I bought a Groupon for Robb’s Really Good Food. It’s a food cart in Portland, Ore. Before I got a chance to use it, Robb sold his food cart. (He plans to open a new one.) I … Continue reading
I know there has been a lot of negativity on this blog lately in connection with my coverage of the daily deals space. New readers may be wondering, what the hell? Does this guy like anything? Well, in fact I … Continue reading
That’s right, the CEO of Loopt will personally clean your house for $5. But only if 1,000 people sign up. Only, I haven’t told him about the deal yet. He may not agree, but I’m using his name anyway. Hell, … Continue reading
I admit it. I am in the bag for Virgin America. I have been since before they took off. (Literally.) I once live tweeted a flight to San Diego using their in-flight WiFi. Savvy travelers will recognize that the picture … Continue reading
Here is a sample merchant agreement that I received. This one is from January 2011. Merchant Agreement Date of Agreement: 1/XX/2011 Merchant Name(herein referred to as “Merchant”): This “Merchant Agreement” or “Agreement”, effective as of the above date (“Effective Date”), … Continue reading