I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Despite having a massive @uber sign outside Levi's stadium, it's a clusterfuck. >10 ways to make it more efficient. https://t.co/OcIGVbCmA0 4 hours ago
- This stadium is kind of blah. Nowhere near the character of Pac Bell. https://t.co/XYDIcx4eij 7 hours ago
- Ticketing pet peeves: 1) being forced to print tickets 2) being forced to print the T&C and promo crap 4 times. Just do multiple barcodes. 9 hours ago
- Campaign ad with just the white supremacists @realdonaldtrump retweeted would be powerful. dailykos.com/story/2016/8/2… 14 hours ago
- I haven't tried it yet. The few people I video chat with are on FaceTime. I'd have to convince them to switch. digit.in/apps/google-du… 14 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- PR tips
- Technology's effects on our language
- Groupon resource page
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Monthly Archives: June 2011
In early May, I bought a Groupon for Robb’s Really Good Food. It’s a food cart in Portland, Ore. Before I got a chance to use it, Robb sold his food cart. (He plans to open a new one.) I … Continue reading
I know there has been a lot of negativity on this blog lately in connection with my coverage of the daily deals space. New readers may be wondering, what the hell? Does this guy like anything? Well, in fact I … Continue reading
That’s right, the CEO of Loopt will personally clean your house for $5. But only if 1,000 people sign up. Only, I haven’t told him about the deal yet. He may not agree, but I’m using his name anyway. Hell, … Continue reading
I admit it. I am in the bag for Virgin America. I have been since before they took off. (Literally.) I once live tweeted a flight to San Diego using their in-flight WiFi. Savvy travelers will recognize that the picture … Continue reading
Here is a sample merchant agreement that I received. This one is from January 2011. Merchant Agreement Date of Agreement: 1/XX/2011 Merchant Name(herein referred to as “Merchant”): This “Merchant Agreement” or “Agreement”, effective as of the above date (“Effective Date”), … Continue reading