I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Except, you know, the whole slavery thing. What little meaning it had is now gone. https://t.co/tjfojRdGbE 1 day ago
- He has talked about "extreme vetting" of immigrants. But didn't even do cursory vetting of cabinet of deplorables. washingtonpost.com/opinions/admit… 1 day ago
- Wipe your phones before entering the US and then restore from iCloud after you clear customs. theverge.com/2017/2/12/1458… 1 week ago
- It's my #Twitterversary! I have been on Twitter for 10 years (since 13 Feb 2007). And you? TwiAge.com 1 week ago
- HBO Now is missing the "now" part. As far as I can tell, no way to watch what is currently airing live. 1 week ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Because manholes are round
- Online at 36,000 feet: trying Gogo WiFi on board
- Watson vs. Google
- My great Groupon customer service experience
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Packaged pani puri as progress
Monthly Archives: June 2011
In early May, I bought a Groupon for Robb’s Really Good Food. It’s a food cart in Portland, Ore. Before I got a chance to use it, Robb sold his food cart. (He plans to open a new one.) I … Continue reading
I know there has been a lot of negativity on this blog lately in connection with my coverage of the daily deals space. New readers may be wondering, what the hell? Does this guy like anything? Well, in fact I … Continue reading
That’s right, the CEO of Loopt will personally clean your house for $5. But only if 1,000 people sign up. Only, I haven’t told him about the deal yet. He may not agree, but I’m using his name anyway. Hell, … Continue reading
I admit it. I am in the bag for Virgin America. I have been since before they took off. (Literally.) I once live tweeted a flight to San Diego using their in-flight WiFi. Savvy travelers will recognize that the picture … Continue reading
Here is a sample merchant agreement that I received. This one is from January 2011. Merchant Agreement Date of Agreement: 1/XX/2011 Merchant Name(herein referred to as “Merchant”): This “Merchant Agreement” or “Agreement”, effective as of the above date (“Effective Date”), … Continue reading