I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I'm sure @Marriott @ResidenceInn will gladly walk someone for this rate. https://t.co/9E2aZADb7z 1 day ago
- Penn State's history was really ruined when they took down the statue of Joe paterno. 1 day ago
- False equivalence can destroy the world. In the case of climate change, permanently. twitter.com/johnjharwood/s… 1 day ago
- Free rider problem, Pike Fish Market, Seattle. https://t.co/cve1yOKCDt 1 day ago
- RT @thehill: The Economist cover shows Trump using KKK hood as a megaphone hill.cm/OVjgGAo https://t.co/T46r68rzSj 1 day ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- My technology adoption history
- Because manholes are round
- Facebook Places is at the beginning of a long road
- The SEC should have Groupon start over on its S-1
- So you're thinking about joining a startup...
- Beautiful architecture and DC's ugly buildings
- Heading toward the Facebook recommendation engine
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Monthly Archives: June 2011
In early May, I bought a Groupon for Robb’s Really Good Food. It’s a food cart in Portland, Ore. Before I got a chance to use it, Robb sold his food cart. (He plans to open a new one.) I … Continue reading
I know there has been a lot of negativity on this blog lately in connection with my coverage of the daily deals space. New readers may be wondering, what the hell? Does this guy like anything? Well, in fact I … Continue reading
That’s right, the CEO of Loopt will personally clean your house for $5. But only if 1,000 people sign up. Only, I haven’t told him about the deal yet. He may not agree, but I’m using his name anyway. Hell, … Continue reading
I admit it. I am in the bag for Virgin America. I have been since before they took off. (Literally.) I once live tweeted a flight to San Diego using their in-flight WiFi. Savvy travelers will recognize that the picture … Continue reading
Here is a sample merchant agreement that I received. This one is from January 2011. Merchant Agreement Date of Agreement: 1/XX/2011 Merchant Name(herein referred to as “Merchant”): This “Merchant Agreement” or “Agreement”, effective as of the above date (“Effective Date”), … Continue reading