I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bloomberg of all organizations should understand low N. bloomberg.com/news/articles/… 2 days ago
- Next steps: 1. Actively notify user 2. Modal for user to clear. 3. If not cleared, call 911. blog.cardiogr.am/my-apple-watch… 2 days ago
- In theory using a digital wallet should thwart this. But the issuers should also be looking for this. schneier.com/blog/archives/… 2 days ago
- Steep acquisition costs for Sapphire Reserve customers. Great consumer card, questionable value for chase. viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/12/06/jam… 2 days ago
- WN is far behind the rest of the industry in extracting revenue from travelers. This will have mixed effects. dallasnews.com/business/south… 3 days ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Why Netflix's split won't help with its real problems
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Why Google's acquisition of Zagat matters
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: February 2011
One of the things that people often ask me is how does someone goes about creating innovative product concepts. What are the research methods and tools to use? One of the most powerful tools is just watching what customers do … Continue reading
Jeopardy! contestants Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter got a spanking the likes of which they’ve never seen by Watson, an IBM supercomputer, last night. How would Watson do against that other font of knowledge — Google? Watson is optimized to … Continue reading
Apple has built an incredibly valuable distribution platform. It’s perfectly reasonable for them to say “if you make money using our platform, we want a piece of it.” Distribution costs money. Facebook charges developers on its platform 30% for using … Continue reading
Today we saw the unveiling of Rupert Murdoch’s new iPad-based newspaper, The Daily. It looks very different from apps from the Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today. The impression is distinctly more of a magazine … Continue reading