I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I've been telling fellow naturalized citizens not to think Trump administration won't single you out. Sadly, right. mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/us/… 1 day ago
- #ux one of my favorite things in hotel apps. In my travels, room numbers tend to meld together. https://t.co/BlVbJWsJEZ 2 days ago
- Too easy to blame Uber and move on. Uber may be extreme, but this pressure is an industry-wide problem. sfchronicle.com/business/artic… 2 days ago
- Part of my new role involves consumer hardware. It's a totally different beast than services. VCs without hardware expertise will get burned 2 days ago
- Great teardown of @juicero. New textbook definition of over-engineering? blog.bolt.io/heres-why-juic… 2 days ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A cheap chic MP3 player
- Technology's effects on our language
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Because manholes are round
- 6 ways a DVR is better than hulu
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
Monthly Archives: February 2011
One of the things that people often ask me is how does someone goes about creating innovative product concepts. What are the research methods and tools to use? One of the most powerful tools is just watching what customers do … Continue reading
Jeopardy! contestants Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter got a spanking the likes of which they’ve never seen by Watson, an IBM supercomputer, last night. How would Watson do against that other font of knowledge — Google? Watson is optimized to … Continue reading
Apple has built an incredibly valuable distribution platform. It’s perfectly reasonable for them to say “if you make money using our platform, we want a piece of it.” Distribution costs money. Facebook charges developers on its platform 30% for using … Continue reading
Today we saw the unveiling of Rupert Murdoch’s new iPad-based newspaper, The Daily. It looks very different from apps from the Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today. The impression is distinctly more of a magazine … Continue reading