I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- One of the worst ad creatives I've seen in a long, long time. We're # 53! https://t.co/XO8s1ATVGu 1 hour ago
- One of the best ad creatives I've seen in a long, long time. (Try not to read text, click to play.) m.youtube.com/watch?feature=… 1 hour ago
- Wonderful @voxdotcom piece analyzing Clinton's performance through societal biases of what women "should" do. vox.com/2016/9/27/1306… 2 hours ago
- The @washingtonpost has really stepped it up this year, no doubt thanks to @JeffBezos. @voxdotcom is also fantastic. Great job @Bankoff. 2 hours ago
- The @nytimes has the most comprehensive fact check I've seen. apple.news/Az_3f6MZMQ4uXD… 3 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- Because manholes are round
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- My great Groupon customer service experience
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Watson vs. Google
Monthly Archives: February 2011
One of the things that people often ask me is how does someone goes about creating innovative product concepts. What are the research methods and tools to use? One of the most powerful tools is just watching what customers do … Continue reading
Jeopardy! contestants Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter got a spanking the likes of which they’ve never seen by Watson, an IBM supercomputer, last night. How would Watson do against that other font of knowledge — Google? Watson is optimized to … Continue reading
Apple has built an incredibly valuable distribution platform. It’s perfectly reasonable for them to say “if you make money using our platform, we want a piece of it.” Distribution costs money. Facebook charges developers on its platform 30% for using … Continue reading
Today we saw the unveiling of Rupert Murdoch’s new iPad-based newspaper, The Daily. It looks very different from apps from the Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today. The impression is distinctly more of a magazine … Continue reading