I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- America's continuing obsession with quantity over quality. twitter.com/voxdotcom/stat… 17 minutes ago
- Trump will be a disaster for media trying to hold him accountable. twitter.com/colvinj/status… 24 minutes ago
- RT @usatodaytech: Report: Nest developers move to Google usat.ly/2c4zwK1 26 minutes ago
- Good tweetstorm read. Wish this were a blog post. Way too much to follow. twitter.com/fawfulfan/stat… 27 minutes ago
- RT @shaig: .@mcuban on why @realDonaldTrump doesn't release his taxes, an explanation that I haven't heard before https://t.co/zdZxbI0Qeh 46 minutes ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Why Netflix is killing it -- and what startups can learn from its success
Monthly Archives: February 2011
One of the things that people often ask me is how does someone goes about creating innovative product concepts. What are the research methods and tools to use? One of the most powerful tools is just watching what customers do … Continue reading
Jeopardy! contestants Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter got a spanking the likes of which they’ve never seen by Watson, an IBM supercomputer, last night. How would Watson do against that other font of knowledge — Google? Watson is optimized to … Continue reading
Apple has built an incredibly valuable distribution platform. It’s perfectly reasonable for them to say “if you make money using our platform, we want a piece of it.” Distribution costs money. Facebook charges developers on its platform 30% for using … Continue reading
Today we saw the unveiling of Rupert Murdoch’s new iPad-based newspaper, The Daily. It looks very different from apps from the Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today. The impression is distinctly more of a magazine … Continue reading