I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- One thing that should be in any discussion of tax plan: for middle / upper middle class, the costs are real. The be… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- One aspect of tax changes I haven’t seen discussed: reducing the discount on muni bonds. Will raise borrowing costs… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Middle income trump supporters will be the most fucked in tax plan. Just like they would be with Obamacare repeal. twitter.com/theacsman/stat… 2 hours ago
- Buying government is super super super cheap. You get a way better ROI bribing a congressman than hiring a 10x engi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Despite my anti-tax plan opinions, I stand to benefit from the tax cuts. I'd just rather have my tax $ go to the th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Donald Trump is right
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Why Groupon is poised for collapse -- an update
- MovieBeam's (sort of) video on demand
- Reading license plates with Google Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: November 2006
I was flying into Atlanta yesterday and as the plane descended to the runway, I noticed that one of the buildings on the ground with a giant bullseye on it – Target. Next to it, there was a building with … Continue reading
I’m spending most of this week watching focus groups. It’s one of my favorite parts of my job. It’s a chance to see how real people react to the products that we create. I get to hear from people who … Continue reading
I’ve had more and more friends texting me lately and I’ve had to explain to them how much I hate text messaging. It’s inconvenient, unreliable and costly. Here’s a typical exchange: “R u there already” “Y, u” “Omw” This exchange … Continue reading
If you believe the incessant media hype, today is the biggest online shopping day of the year. Not true. Cyber Monday is a fiction created by a flack for the retail industry perpetuated by much of the mainstream media. But … Continue reading
My favorite MP3 player this year is small, lightweight, doesn’t hold a lot of songs and doesn’t come from Apple. You can only get it Target. A testament to Target’s marketing savvy, it also doubles as a $50 gift card. … Continue reading
The U.S. Mint will be issuing new dollar coins starting around President’s Day. With the failures of the Susan B. Anthony and Sacagawea dollars it’s unlikely that the new presidential coins will do any better. The presidential series has the … Continue reading