I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @davidfrum: Someday we’ll build statues to them. twitter.com/danmericaCNN/s… 33 minutes ago
- Tomorrow's national newspapers should be wrapped in a plastic bag with a parental warning. 4 hours ago
- If you are a millionaire, Bezos is worth 90,000x you. 4 hours ago
- Shkreli is the guy you look at and say "Why isn't he in the Trump administration?" twitter.com/CNBC/status/89… 5 hours ago
- The thing about having lived all over: when you watch movies like The Big Sick, you know that there are no Fairways in Chi. @kumailn 5 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
- Because manholes are round
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- So you're thinking about joining a startup...
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
Monthly Archives: November 2006
I was flying into Atlanta yesterday and as the plane descended to the runway, I noticed that one of the buildings on the ground with a giant bullseye on it – Target. Next to it, there was a building with … Continue reading
I’m spending most of this week watching focus groups. It’s one of my favorite parts of my job. It’s a chance to see how real people react to the products that we create. I get to hear from people who … Continue reading
I’ve had more and more friends texting me lately and I’ve had to explain to them how much I hate text messaging. It’s inconvenient, unreliable and costly. Here’s a typical exchange: “R u there already” “Y, u” “Omw” This exchange … Continue reading
If you believe the incessant media hype, today is the biggest online shopping day of the year. Not true. Cyber Monday is a fiction created by a flack for the retail industry perpetuated by much of the mainstream media. But … Continue reading
My favorite MP3 player this year is small, lightweight, doesn’t hold a lot of songs and doesn’t come from Apple. You can only get it Target. A testament to Target’s marketing savvy, it also doubles as a $50 gift card. … Continue reading
The U.S. Mint will be issuing new dollar coins starting around President’s Day. With the failures of the Susan B. Anthony and Sacagawea dollars it’s unlikely that the new presidential coins will do any better. The presidential series has the … Continue reading