I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Love this piece on innovative features in cars. I also like blinker-on-too-long alert. quora.com/Whats-the-cool… 45 minutes ago
- Satellite delay was so long that when I was FaceTiming w/wife could hear audio from home TV before heard it on sate… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 12 hours ago
- If trump and this guy both lose, nov 9 will be more exciting than Christmas morning. twitter.com/reuters/status… 12 hours ago
- More tedious than watching paint dry: watching white screen waiting for articles to load while waiting for 6 hour flight to end. 13 hours ago
- RT @writerknowles: Trump Jokes Strike Sour Tone at Al Smith Dinner bloom.bg/2drPyB1 via @bpolitics 13 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon's cost of revenue is soaring
- Text to self: buy milk
- How not to design an ATM
Monthly Archives: November 2006
I was flying into Atlanta yesterday and as the plane descended to the runway, I noticed that one of the buildings on the ground with a giant bullseye on it – Target. Next to it, there was a building with … Continue reading
I’m spending most of this week watching focus groups. It’s one of my favorite parts of my job. It’s a chance to see how real people react to the products that we create. I get to hear from people who … Continue reading
I’ve had more and more friends texting me lately and I’ve had to explain to them how much I hate text messaging. It’s inconvenient, unreliable and costly. Here’s a typical exchange: “R u there already” “Y, u” “Omw” This exchange … Continue reading
If you believe the incessant media hype, today is the biggest online shopping day of the year. Not true. Cyber Monday is a fiction created by a flack for the retail industry perpetuated by much of the mainstream media. But … Continue reading
My favorite MP3 player this year is small, lightweight, doesn’t hold a lot of songs and doesn’t come from Apple. You can only get it Target. A testament to Target’s marketing savvy, it also doubles as a $50 gift card. … Continue reading
The U.S. Mint will be issuing new dollar coins starting around President’s Day. With the failures of the Susan B. Anthony and Sacagawea dollars it’s unlikely that the new presidential coins will do any better. The presidential series has the … Continue reading