I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I expected @espn demos to be predominately male. But not 94% male. espn.com/mediakit/resea… 9 hours ago
- Never underestimate the Internet's desire to buy $1 for 75 cents. blog.onradpad.com/an-update-on-o… 13 hours ago
- This will be a huge improvement. Having old-style toll booths when you have all-electronic tolling makes no sense. sfexaminer.com/golden-gate-br… 13 hours ago
- Interesting payments strategy by @Kohls. Make credits card as flimsy and sticky as possible - much easier to lose. https://t.co/pYIjspFWcQ 17 hours ago
- Even something as minor as a dealer mistyping mileage on a service order can get your car seriously dinged by @CarfaxReports 1 day ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- So you're thinking about joining a startup...
- Breaking news: CNN.com rising, CNN falling
Monthly Archives: November 2006
I was flying into Atlanta yesterday and as the plane descended to the runway, I noticed that one of the buildings on the ground with a giant bullseye on it – Target. Next to it, there was a building with … Continue reading
I’m spending most of this week watching focus groups. It’s one of my favorite parts of my job. It’s a chance to see how real people react to the products that we create. I get to hear from people who … Continue reading
I’ve had more and more friends texting me lately and I’ve had to explain to them how much I hate text messaging. It’s inconvenient, unreliable and costly. Here’s a typical exchange: “R u there already” “Y, u” “Omw” This exchange … Continue reading
If you believe the incessant media hype, today is the biggest online shopping day of the year. Not true. Cyber Monday is a fiction created by a flack for the retail industry perpetuated by much of the mainstream media. But … Continue reading
My favorite MP3 player this year is small, lightweight, doesn’t hold a lot of songs and doesn’t come from Apple. You can only get it Target. A testament to Target’s marketing savvy, it also doubles as a $50 gift card. … Continue reading
The U.S. Mint will be issuing new dollar coins starting around President’s Day. With the failures of the Susan B. Anthony and Sacagawea dollars it’s unlikely that the new presidential coins will do any better. The presidential series has the … Continue reading