I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- A video from 1995 looking at launching online newspapers. 1MP cameras "coming soon". $13.95/month for 5hrs usage. youtube.com/watch?v=sIdF_i… 2 hours ago
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership searchengineland.com/everything-nee… 1 day ago
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 2 days ago
- Crowd sourcing: what to do a on a coooooold Saturday in NYC? 2 days ago
- Huge congratulations to @skrenta and @glindahl on @blemish joining IBM Watson. Fantastic team. 2 days ago
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX buying $90 million of Elon Musk’s Solar City solar bonds March 30, 2015
- League of Legends, Dota 2 will lead PC gaming’s fastest-growing sector to $500M this year in North America March 30, 2015
- Microsoft releases new Windows 10 preview with Project Spartan March 30, 2015
- New security report raises possibility of ‘medical zero day’ exploits March 30, 2015
- NBA star Steph Curry joins CoachUp for private 1-on-1 coaching March 30, 2015
- Gmail for Android gets All Inboxes view, threaded conversations for all accounts, better autocomplete, and more March 30, 2015
- Raining wearables: IDC says 126 million will ship in 2019 March 30, 2015
- Your Google+ photos and videos are now available in Google Drive March 30, 2015
- Patients are cool with mobile tech in the exam room, as long as it isn’t a barrier March 30, 2015
- The Ellen Pao trial verdict is a loss for the tech industry and a loss for women March 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Technology's effects on our language
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
Monthly Archives: June 2011
In early May, I bought a Groupon for Robb’s Really Good Food. It’s a food cart in Portland, Ore. Before I got a chance to use it, Robb sold his food cart. (He plans to open a new one.) I … Continue reading
I know there has been a lot of negativity on this blog lately in connection with my coverage of the daily deals space. New readers may be wondering, what the hell? Does this guy like anything? Well, in fact I … Continue reading
That’s right, the CEO of Loopt will personally clean your house for $5. But only if 1,000 people sign up. Only, I haven’t told him about the deal yet. He may not agree, but I’m using his name anyway. Hell, … Continue reading
I admit it. I am in the bag for Virgin America. I have been since before they took off. (Literally.) I once live tweeted a flight to San Diego using their in-flight WiFi. Savvy travelers will recognize that the picture … Continue reading
Here is a sample merchant agreement that I received. This one is from January 2011. Merchant Agreement Date of Agreement: 1/XX/2011 Merchant Name(herein referred to as “Merchant”): This “Merchant Agreement” or “Agreement”, effective as of the above date (“Effective Date”), … Continue reading