I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Interesting that @zirx is trying to stem the tide of red ink in the on-demand valet business. 17 hours ago
- The @tsa confiscated my pants. http://t.co/LKNH0trZd0 2 days ago
- Potential excuses: @TSA confiscated my pants; shit, i was really sleepy this morning and didn't notice; I'm on TV, this is what we wear. 2 days ago
- FWIW, that's also how I do TV appearances when I'm at a remote camera. 2 days ago
- Dare from GF: Fly to London in business on @virginatlantic class wearing this, she will pay me $500. Who would do it? http://t.co/SLBljCFosq 2 days ago
- Japan’s Gree invests in Indonesian mobile game startup Touchten July 7, 2015
- InMarket says nearly 40 percent of Millennial Moms are now beacon-accessible July 7, 2015
- Watch out, Spotify: 38% of Apple mobile devices now running iOS 8.4 with Apple Music, new data shows July 7, 2015
- Facebook tests photo-focused profile redesign on iOS July 7, 2015
- Want to see the future of the O2O economy? Look East July 7, 2015
- T-Mobile’s silence on government data requests only raises more questions July 7, 2015
- The coming iPhone 6s might cool off hot iPhone 6 sales all too soon July 6, 2015
- Mozilla’s plans for Firefox: More partnerships, better add-ons, and faster updates July 6, 2015
- Mobile is Mordor — it’s time to sail West July 6, 2015
- Shyp expands Goodwill partnership from SF to LA, NYC, and Miami July 6, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: June 2009
Seen over the weekend: ads for bing and Yahoo! on Google search results for “Michael Jackson”. The bing ad led to bing’s xRank page for Michael Jackson. The Yahoo! ad bizarrely led to a Yahoo! shopping results page for Michael … Continue reading
Coming back from Berlin yesterday, I decided to take public transit. I took BART from SFO to Embarcadero station, where I had to switch to Muni to get home. The fare was $1.25 (after a paper BART to Muni transfer … Continue reading
I’ve written before about how the Associated Press blew it in the early days of the Web by choosing to not play in the online news space. More than a decade later, AP still has tremendous assets that it can … Continue reading