I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Great response from @finkd to @pmarca and @BenedictEvans. facebook.com/zuck/posts/101… Would love to see @sundarpichai weigh in here. 7 hours ago
- RT @usatodaytech: Twitter tries to reassure on MAUs: They’re already returning to Q3 levels $TWTR usatoday.com/story/tech/new… 8 hours ago
- RT @maxrogo: @rakeshlobster "The often cited "10x" revenue multiple just simply isn't a rule anymore." When was that ever an actual rule? .… 8 hours ago
- Great stuff here. Revenue multiples are falling and still massive differences between public and private valuations. twitter.com/mvellank/statu… 8 hours ago
- A public Twitter run by the postal service? Uh huh. One of the dumbest ideas I've read. nymag.com/following/2016… 9 hours ago
- IBM’s SoftLayer has quietly blocked users in Iran February 11, 2016
- Microsoft now has 74 hardware partners pre-installing its apps on Android devices February 11, 2016
- Student.com raises $60M (and its profile) to help international students find somewhere to live February 11, 2016
- The world doesn’t need another Tableau February 10, 2016
- FanDuel shuts down Florida game studio and lays off 55 February 10, 2016
- Tesla expects to become profitable in 2016, shares rise February 10, 2016
- Zynga pins hopes on ad revenue potential and high-end Dawn of Titans strategy game February 10, 2016
- Mark Zuckerberg responds to investor Marc Andreessen’s colonialism tweets February 10, 2016
- Twitter is fixing that thing where you type “.@” for everyone to see your tweet February 10, 2016
- Twitter brings in $710M in revenue as mobile advertising falls to 86% February 10, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: June 2009
Seen over the weekend: ads for bing and Yahoo! on Google search results for “Michael Jackson”. The bing ad led to bing’s xRank page for Michael Jackson. The Yahoo! ad bizarrely led to a Yahoo! shopping results page for Michael … Continue reading
Coming back from Berlin yesterday, I decided to take public transit. I took BART from SFO to Embarcadero station, where I had to switch to Muni to get home. The fare was $1.25 (after a paper BART to Muni transfer … Continue reading
I’ve written before about how the Associated Press blew it in the early days of the Web by choosing to not play in the online news space. More than a decade later, AP still has tremendous assets that it can … Continue reading