I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- At least my barista was able to explain to customer in front of me how chip cards work. 1 day ago
- Damn chip card people slowing down my Starbucks experience. http://t.co/GYZyZaQycq 1 day ago
- Probability, journalists and weather forecasters vox.com/2015/10/7/9472… 1 day ago
- RT @CFPB: New proposal to ban companies from using #arbitration clauses as a free pass to avoid accountability: go.usa.gov/3u6ZY 1 day ago
- Tips to enhance your GMV yourstory.com/2015/10/enhanc… I see lots of companies ignoring coupon code repeated use. 1 day ago
- Review: 10 weeks with Windows 10 October 9, 2015
- The DeanBeat: How technology is advancing the cause of women in video games October 9, 2015
- Putting producers and live ops managers in the driver’s seat October 9, 2015
- A couple watches virtual reality porn for the first time October 9, 2015
- Alibaba launches ‘Alibaba Defined’ to help people outside China understand it October 9, 2015
- The second coming: Apple launches the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus in more markets October 9, 2015
- Elon Musk: ‘If you don’t make it at Tesla, you go work at Apple’ October 9, 2015
- Apple removes some apps from online store over security concerns October 9, 2015
- Alibaba, the ‘Amazon of China,’ opens its second data center in Silicon Valley October 9, 2015
- Y Combinator names Scribd cofounder Jared Friedman as partner October 8, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Groupon resource page
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Favorite airports from around the world
Monthly Archives: June 2009
Seen over the weekend: ads for bing and Yahoo! on Google search results for “Michael Jackson”. The bing ad led to bing’s xRank page for Michael Jackson. The Yahoo! ad bizarrely led to a Yahoo! shopping results page for Michael … Continue reading
Coming back from Berlin yesterday, I decided to take public transit. I took BART from SFO to Embarcadero station, where I had to switch to Muni to get home. The fare was $1.25 (after a paper BART to Muni transfer … Continue reading
I’ve written before about how the Associated Press blew it in the early days of the Web by choosing to not play in the online news space. More than a decade later, AP still has tremendous assets that it can … Continue reading