I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership searchengineland.com/everything-nee… 20 hours ago
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 1 day ago
- Crowd sourcing: what to do a on a coooooold Saturday in NYC? 1 day ago
- Huge congratulations to @skrenta and @glindahl on @blemish joining IBM Watson. Fantastic team. 1 day ago
- RT @Chris_DL: New version of BBC News Headlines for @Pebble in color, with timeline! New design will also be available on Aplite. http://t.… 2 days ago
- Amazon takes on TaskRabbit with new home services platform for gardeners, goat-herders, and more March 30, 2015
- Handy sweeps up $15M to grow its home maintenance platform, hires Tumblr VP as new CTO March 30, 2015
- Sony’s Spotify-powered music-streaming service lands on PlayStation today, no paid-subscription required March 30, 2015
- Apple CEO Tim Cook writes op-ed blasting anti-LGBT bills in Indiana and other states March 30, 2015
- DDoS attack on GitHub ‘has evolved’ as battle with Chinese hackers enters fourth day March 30, 2015
- Stubhub files lawsuit against Ticketmaster and the Golden State Warriors over monopolistic practices March 30, 2015
- Goodgame Studios quietly becomes one of Germany’s biggest game companies March 30, 2015
- A new system tracks which ads coaxed your feet to walk into that store March 30, 2015
- Microsoft announces Halo 5 coming Oct. 27 in live-action TV commercial March 30, 2015
- What to do when Google gives your competitor $100 million March 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Monthly Archives: June 2009
Seen over the weekend: ads for bing and Yahoo! on Google search results for “Michael Jackson”. The bing ad led to bing’s xRank page for Michael Jackson. The Yahoo! ad bizarrely led to a Yahoo! shopping results page for Michael … Continue reading
Coming back from Berlin yesterday, I decided to take public transit. I took BART from SFO to Embarcadero station, where I had to switch to Muni to get home. The fare was $1.25 (after a paper BART to Muni transfer … Continue reading
I’ve written before about how the Associated Press blew it in the early days of the Web by choosing to not play in the online news space. More than a decade later, AP still has tremendous assets that it can … Continue reading