I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Apple boss: We have a human right to privacy via @mdudas telegraph.co.uk/technology/app… 1 day ago
- Outlook app users: anyway to add @tripit calendar to its calendar? 1 day ago
- RT @erikbryn: "in the entire history of the US airline industry, cumulative earnings have been negative $33B" vox.com/2014/8/27/6075… via @m… 1 day ago
- RT @kevinrose: Tim Cook says that the Apple Watch will "replace your cars keys", I disagree, @Uber will replace your car keys 1 day ago
- RT @VisaSecurity: [INFOGRAPHIC] What’s a chip card? vi.sa/1w0Yy3b http://t.co/3X4SsZMd3f 1 day ago
- Here’s what entrepreneurship 3.0 looks like March 2, 2015
- Shakeup at Google! Bradley Horowitz reportedly now running Google+ March 2, 2015
- The new era of micro-multinationals March 2, 2015
- Sqore, which holds recruitment challenges for young talent, gets $3.5M from Northzone March 1, 2015
- Blackberry takes security, productivity, and communications tools cross-platform March 1, 2015
- Supersonic sees big growth for ‘rewarded video ads’ in mobile games (interview) March 1, 2015
- Canadian payment tech provider Mobeewave closes $6.5M round led by Russia’s SBT Venture Capital March 1, 2015
- Women in tech: Is the outrage helping or hurting? March 1, 2015
- Captain Kirk is answering questions about Spock on Twitter right now March 1, 2015
- Lenovo rolls out new Tab 2 A10 and Tab 2 A8 tablets March 1, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon resource page
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A wow experience from United Airlines. Wow.
Monthly Archives: September 2008
From the messages-you-wish-you could-unsend department: this cheerful email arrived in my mailbox shortly after I read about WaMu’s seizure by federal regulators. WaMu CEO Alan Fishman is getting an extended holiday. Note the “amazing rate” of 4 percent. WaMu has … Continue reading
At a time when we’re facing the first coup d’état in American history with King Henry effectively overthrowing our elected leaders, it’s refreshing to see that our creativity is still strong. A friend forwarded a link to BuyMyShitPile.com, a site … Continue reading
If I could award an Emmy for outstanding performance in television, I’d have a clear winner: Hulu. The video site from NBC and Fox is my leading choice for product of the year. Hulu allows users to stream television shows … Continue reading
The App Store is one of the key strengths of the iPhone. You can easily find, purchase and install applications that increase the utility of the iPhone. Steve Jobs claims that more than 100 million downloads have occurred in the … Continue reading
Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans puts Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page at #13 and #14 with a net worth of $15.9 billion for Brin and $15.8 billion for Page. That’s a bit less than the $20 billion … Continue reading
I’ve had the 3G iPhone for a couple of months now. During that time I’ve had the same complaints that most others have had: virtually nonexistent 3G coverage, anemic battery life and frequent crashes. But there are also details of … Continue reading
If you’re around town, ping me.