I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Interesting way to drive up TPV. http://t.co/wbT9xekyq4 2 days ago
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 3 days ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 3 days ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 4 days ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 5 days ago
- Y Combinator brings hardware veteran Luke Iseman on full-time to help startups grow faster August 3, 2015
- Counting likes and page views is easy — calculating real attribution is hard August 3, 2015
- Eve developer reveals its new Samsung Gear VR game: Gunjack August 3, 2015
- Koding gets $10M to speed up development with its cloud-based IDE August 3, 2015
- Epic’s graphics guru Tim Sweney shares his vision for perfect augmented reality August 3, 2015
- Twitter’s stock hits record low as takeover rumors heat up August 3, 2015
- ChinaJoy in pictures: A sexy, crazy, and uniquely Chinese gaming trade show August 3, 2015
- Researchers discover malware advertising that’s infected 1.3M people and growing August 3, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place August 3, 2015
- China to restrict the export of drones and supercomputers starting August 15 August 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
Monthly Archives: September 2008
From the messages-you-wish-you could-unsend department: this cheerful email arrived in my mailbox shortly after I read about WaMu’s seizure by federal regulators. WaMu CEO Alan Fishman is getting an extended holiday. Note the “amazing rate” of 4 percent. WaMu has … Continue reading
At a time when we’re facing the first coup d’état in American history with King Henry effectively overthrowing our elected leaders, it’s refreshing to see that our creativity is still strong. A friend forwarded a link to BuyMyShitPile.com, a site … Continue reading
If I could award an Emmy for outstanding performance in television, I’d have a clear winner: Hulu. The video site from NBC and Fox is my leading choice for product of the year. Hulu allows users to stream television shows … Continue reading
The App Store is one of the key strengths of the iPhone. You can easily find, purchase and install applications that increase the utility of the iPhone. Steve Jobs claims that more than 100 million downloads have occurred in the … Continue reading
Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans puts Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page at #13 and #14 with a net worth of $15.9 billion for Brin and $15.8 billion for Page. That’s a bit less than the $20 billion … Continue reading
I’ve had the 3G iPhone for a couple of months now. During that time I’ve had the same complaints that most others have had: virtually nonexistent 3G coverage, anemic battery life and frequent crashes. But there are also details of … Continue reading
If you’re around town, ping me.