I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Ok, can trump supporters name 1? twitter.com/rdoddala/statu… 9 hours ago
- I wonder how many trump supporters could name 3 justices on SCOTUS. 9 hours ago
- I can't wait to hear whom Trump would nominate. I'm sure he'd be huuuuuuuge. Best nomination ever. 9 hours ago
- Scalia was confirmed with a unanimous vote. Fat chance of that happening in today's climate. 11 hours ago
- The regulatory times are a changin'. As SV disrupts more, regulators are getting more interested sooner. mashable.com/2016/02/10/sil… 1 day ago
- These 3 things are trying to kill Linux containers February 14, 2016
- Nice, the high-performance computing company Amazon just acquired, has a heck of a customer list February 14, 2016
- Chris Milk’s startup Vrse is slowly building a collection of the top VR video around February 14, 2016
- Locate this! The battle for app-specific maps February 14, 2016
- Microsoft patents a modular PC with stackable components February 13, 2016
- Top dating apps are just waiting to be hacked — analysis February 13, 2016
- How tech’s big 3 are getting ready to read your emotions February 13, 2016
- Europe’s new laws could cost you 4% of your revenues February 13, 2016
- Blizzard cofounder Frank Pearce: 25 years of making games isn’t enough February 13, 2016
- Bits are beating atoms: The Google, Facebook, Apple and Amazon shuffle February 13, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- MovieBeam's (sort of) video on demand
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Getting out of your cell phone contract for free
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Monthly Archives: September 2008
From the messages-you-wish-you could-unsend department: this cheerful email arrived in my mailbox shortly after I read about WaMu’s seizure by federal regulators. WaMu CEO Alan Fishman is getting an extended holiday. Note the “amazing rate” of 4 percent. WaMu has … Continue reading
At a time when we’re facing the first coup d’état in American history with King Henry effectively overthrowing our elected leaders, it’s refreshing to see that our creativity is still strong. A friend forwarded a link to BuyMyShitPile.com, a site … Continue reading
If I could award an Emmy for outstanding performance in television, I’d have a clear winner: Hulu. The video site from NBC and Fox is my leading choice for product of the year. Hulu allows users to stream television shows … Continue reading
The App Store is one of the key strengths of the iPhone. You can easily find, purchase and install applications that increase the utility of the iPhone. Steve Jobs claims that more than 100 million downloads have occurred in the … Continue reading
Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans puts Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page at #13 and #14 with a net worth of $15.9 billion for Brin and $15.8 billion for Page. That’s a bit less than the $20 billion … Continue reading
I’ve had the 3G iPhone for a couple of months now. During that time I’ve had the same complaints that most others have had: virtually nonexistent 3G coverage, anemic battery life and frequent crashes. But there are also details of … Continue reading
If you’re around town, ping me.