I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Simple and very useful @Target watch feature. http://t.co/VhbiqeYkYL 1 day ago
- Watching people use that @McDonalds touch screen ordering... Clearly the ux and process flow needs a lot of work. 3 days ago
- First time I've seen this touch screen ordering and payment kiosk at McDonald's. http://t.co/IJTw6FZIOb 3 days ago
- Of 200 apps installed on my phone, 49 of them have Watch apps. Pretty incredible for a brand new platform. 3 days ago
- Love that uber has finally added terminals and doors. Huge improvement for airport rides. http://t.co/Jhfh023FtF 4 days ago
- Elon Musk didn’t like his kids’ school, so he started his own May 24, 2015
- Email marketing technology is ridiculously complicated May 24, 2015
- Silicon Valley’s meritocracy: Maybe it’s time to give something back May 23, 2015
- With the future of government spying hanging in the balance, the Senate goes on vacation May 23, 2015
- 12 reasons you should never launch a startup in Boston May 23, 2015
- It’s time for government to get involved in IoT May 23, 2015
- Personalization study findings: Email is top channel; social, web, ads next; data needs vary May 23, 2015
- Visa Checkout marketing straddles real and digital May 23, 2015
- HiAlgo empowers PC players to run games better with Boost May 23, 2015
- A Chinese secret: why mobile publishers are spending big bucks on their own in-app purchases May 23, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Packaged pani puri as progress
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
Monthly Archives: September 2008
From the messages-you-wish-you could-unsend department: this cheerful email arrived in my mailbox shortly after I read about WaMu’s seizure by federal regulators. WaMu CEO Alan Fishman is getting an extended holiday. Note the “amazing rate” of 4 percent. WaMu has … Continue reading
At a time when we’re facing the first coup d’état in American history with King Henry effectively overthrowing our elected leaders, it’s refreshing to see that our creativity is still strong. A friend forwarded a link to BuyMyShitPile.com, a site … Continue reading
If I could award an Emmy for outstanding performance in television, I’d have a clear winner: Hulu. The video site from NBC and Fox is my leading choice for product of the year. Hulu allows users to stream television shows … Continue reading
The App Store is one of the key strengths of the iPhone. You can easily find, purchase and install applications that increase the utility of the iPhone. Steve Jobs claims that more than 100 million downloads have occurred in the … Continue reading
Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans puts Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page at #13 and #14 with a net worth of $15.9 billion for Brin and $15.8 billion for Page. That’s a bit less than the $20 billion … Continue reading
I’ve had the 3G iPhone for a couple of months now. During that time I’ve had the same complaints that most others have had: virtually nonexistent 3G coverage, anemic battery life and frequent crashes. But there are also details of … Continue reading
If you’re around town, ping me.