I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- At least my barista was able to explain to customer in front of me how chip cards work. 1 day ago
- Damn chip card people slowing down my Starbucks experience. http://t.co/GYZyZaQycq 1 day ago
- Probability, journalists and weather forecasters vox.com/2015/10/7/9472… 1 day ago
- RT @CFPB: New proposal to ban companies from using #arbitration clauses as a free pass to avoid accountability: go.usa.gov/3u6ZY 1 day ago
- Tips to enhance your GMV yourstory.com/2015/10/enhanc… I see lots of companies ignoring coupon code repeated use. 1 day ago
- Apple removes some apps from online store over security concerns October 9, 2015
- Alibaba, the Amazon of China, opens its second data center in Silicon Valley October 9, 2015
- Y Combinator names Scribd cofounder Jared Friedman as partner October 8, 2015
- How to unlock Cortana in the new Xbox One experience preview October 8, 2015
- Microsoft confirms it is to blame for limited carrier availability of new Windows 10 phones October 8, 2015
- Promoted Moments are coming to Twitter October 8, 2015
- Shakira’s new Love Rocks game with Rovio will have … no birds October 8, 2015
- Obama praises, and shames, the on-demand economy October 8, 2015
- Starbucks will start accepting Apple Pay later this year October 8, 2015
- Gartner and IDC: Global PC shipments fell 7.7% and 10.8% in Q3 2015, Apple placed third in the U.S. October 8, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: September 2008
From the messages-you-wish-you could-unsend department: this cheerful email arrived in my mailbox shortly after I read about WaMu’s seizure by federal regulators. WaMu CEO Alan Fishman is getting an extended holiday. Note the “amazing rate” of 4 percent. WaMu has … Continue reading
At a time when we’re facing the first coup d’état in American history with King Henry effectively overthrowing our elected leaders, it’s refreshing to see that our creativity is still strong. A friend forwarded a link to BuyMyShitPile.com, a site … Continue reading
If I could award an Emmy for outstanding performance in television, I’d have a clear winner: Hulu. The video site from NBC and Fox is my leading choice for product of the year. Hulu allows users to stream television shows … Continue reading
The App Store is one of the key strengths of the iPhone. You can easily find, purchase and install applications that increase the utility of the iPhone. Steve Jobs claims that more than 100 million downloads have occurred in the … Continue reading
Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans puts Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page at #13 and #14 with a net worth of $15.9 billion for Brin and $15.8 billion for Page. That’s a bit less than the $20 billion … Continue reading
I’ve had the 3G iPhone for a couple of months now. During that time I’ve had the same complaints that most others have had: virtually nonexistent 3G coverage, anemic battery life and frequent crashes. But there are also details of … Continue reading
If you’re around town, ping me.