I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Excited to have @righthalf as an angel investor in @redesignmobile. A great entrepreneur and all around genius. blog.agrawals.org/2015/01/07/my-… 3 hours ago
- A fun unicorn book for my tech following. amazon.com/gp/product/147… via @amazon 4 hours ago
- Even as % of sales since IPO, Bezos has done really well -- 7.5%, on a company that has barely eked out a profit. 4 hours ago
- $AMZN cumulative profit since IPO: $1.9B on $400B in sales. Bezos net worth: $30B. So Bezos has made 15x what $AMZN has made. 5 hours ago
- RT @jasonmcminn: Octopus in HK is what Apple Pay should be in US - no pin, no cash back prompt, no trans slow down @rakeshlobster http://t.… 19 hours ago
- Amazon Web Services is building an SDK for the Go programming language January 29, 2015
- You can now unlock your Chromebook with an Android phone January 29, 2015
- Jack Dorsey wins our award for the most boring tweetstorm ever January 29, 2015
- Alibaba invests $10M in struggling Ouya amid rumors the Chinese megacorp is making its own console January 29, 2015
- Facebook invades Yelp, Foursquare territory with geo-specific Place Tips for iPhone January 29, 2015
- Reddit complied with 64% of U.S. govt. data requests in 2014, according to its first transparency report January 29, 2015
- Postmates launches its one-hour delivery service on the web January 29, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place January 29, 2015
- FTC takes down ‘revenge porn’ site operator Craig Brittain January 29, 2015
- Box Notes now lets you throw in tables and images and check out version history January 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- My genius list
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Thoughts on service startups
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: September 2008
From the messages-you-wish-you could-unsend department: this cheerful email arrived in my mailbox shortly after I read about WaMu’s seizure by federal regulators. WaMu CEO Alan Fishman is getting an extended holiday. Note the “amazing rate” of 4 percent. WaMu has … Continue reading
At a time when we’re facing the first coup d’état in American history with King Henry effectively overthrowing our elected leaders, it’s refreshing to see that our creativity is still strong. A friend forwarded a link to BuyMyShitPile.com, a site … Continue reading
If I could award an Emmy for outstanding performance in television, I’d have a clear winner: Hulu. The video site from NBC and Fox is my leading choice for product of the year. Hulu allows users to stream television shows … Continue reading
The App Store is one of the key strengths of the iPhone. You can easily find, purchase and install applications that increase the utility of the iPhone. Steve Jobs claims that more than 100 million downloads have occurred in the … Continue reading
Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans puts Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page at #13 and #14 with a net worth of $15.9 billion for Brin and $15.8 billion for Page. That’s a bit less than the $20 billion … Continue reading
I’ve had the 3G iPhone for a couple of months now. During that time I’ve had the same complaints that most others have had: virtually nonexistent 3G coverage, anemic battery life and frequent crashes. But there are also details of … Continue reading
If you’re around town, ping me.