I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bye 1 week ago
- RT @TradeEconomista: Worthy reminder: Steve Jobs biological father was also a #SyrianRefugee @APPLEOFFIClAL @DisneyPixar https://t.co/2… 1 week ago
- The Marriott deal likely means another blow for @AmericanExpress. And my favorite card -- the @StarwoodBuzz AmEx will be no more. :( 1 week ago
- Marriott Buying Starwood in Deal Valued at $12.2 Billion bloomberg.com/news/articles/… FUCK. 1 week ago
- RT @Eater: In-N-Out Burger sues DoorDash for delivering burgers without its permission eater.com/2015/11/11/971… 2 weeks ago
- Android is only a band-aid for what ails BlackBerry November 24, 2015
- Vine launches on the Apple Watch November 24, 2015
- Watch Google test a Project Loon balloon in sub-zero environments November 24, 2015
- WordPress creator Matt Mullenweg breaks down the blogging platform’s biggest overhaul in years November 24, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place November 24, 2015
- Burner’s new developer tool lets you control your smart home by text November 24, 2015
- Type ‘a long time ago in a galaxy far far away’ into Google for a fun Easter egg November 24, 2015
- Marmalade platform now offers Leadbolt app monetization services to developers November 24, 2015
- Clarisite raises $5.5M for international expansion, appoints new CEO November 24, 2015
- Here’s hoping Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg will start the overdue paternity-leave revolution November 24, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: September 2008
From the messages-you-wish-you could-unsend department: this cheerful email arrived in my mailbox shortly after I read about WaMu’s seizure by federal regulators. WaMu CEO Alan Fishman is getting an extended holiday. Note the “amazing rate” of 4 percent. WaMu has … Continue reading
At a time when we’re facing the first coup d’état in American history with King Henry effectively overthrowing our elected leaders, it’s refreshing to see that our creativity is still strong. A friend forwarded a link to BuyMyShitPile.com, a site … Continue reading
If I could award an Emmy for outstanding performance in television, I’d have a clear winner: Hulu. The video site from NBC and Fox is my leading choice for product of the year. Hulu allows users to stream television shows … Continue reading
The App Store is one of the key strengths of the iPhone. You can easily find, purchase and install applications that increase the utility of the iPhone. Steve Jobs claims that more than 100 million downloads have occurred in the … Continue reading
Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans puts Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page at #13 and #14 with a net worth of $15.9 billion for Brin and $15.8 billion for Page. That’s a bit less than the $20 billion … Continue reading
I’ve had the 3G iPhone for a couple of months now. During that time I’ve had the same complaints that most others have had: virtually nonexistent 3G coverage, anemic battery life and frequent crashes. But there are also details of … Continue reading
If you’re around town, ping me.