I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Dropbox: the first dead decacorn | Thoughts from Alex Danco alexdanco.com/2015/08/24/dro… via @chamath 8 hours ago
- Wow. @hillferguson out at paypal. A big loss of consumer behavior expertise. 10 hours ago
- The two aviation geeks behind the startup Flightradar24 know where almost every flight is on.wsj.com/1WSGCCs via @WSJ 2 days ago
- 6 things I learned from riding in a Google Self-Driving Car theoatmeal.com/blog/google_se… 2 days ago
- Robert Reich: The sharing economy will be our undoing salon.com/2015/08/25/rob… Interesting perspective. 2 days ago
- How to read Hillary Clinton’s emails on Google, tech dinners, and Internet freedom September 1, 2015
- HTC job cuts: make that 2,300 + 600 September 1, 2015
- Japan’s Line rolls out a cute Android launcher because it’s not cute enough already September 1, 2015
- LinkedIn’s messaging tool gets new chat-like interface, support for emojis, stickers, and GIFs September 1, 2015
- U.S. weighs sanctioning Russia as well as China in cyber attacks September 1, 2015
- Former federal agent Shaun Bridges admits $820,000 bitcoin theft in Silk Road probe September 1, 2015
- Mobile + web apps: It’s all about the blend September 1, 2015
- Meerkat now lets you poll viewers, search by hashtags, and share photos from your camera roll September 1, 2015
- You can now edit files from Egnyte in Office 365 and Salesforce August 31, 2015
- Apple reportedly exploring creation of original video content August 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Monthly Archives: September 2008
From the messages-you-wish-you could-unsend department: this cheerful email arrived in my mailbox shortly after I read about WaMu’s seizure by federal regulators. WaMu CEO Alan Fishman is getting an extended holiday. Note the “amazing rate” of 4 percent. WaMu has … Continue reading
At a time when we’re facing the first coup d’état in American history with King Henry effectively overthrowing our elected leaders, it’s refreshing to see that our creativity is still strong. A friend forwarded a link to BuyMyShitPile.com, a site … Continue reading
If I could award an Emmy for outstanding performance in television, I’d have a clear winner: Hulu. The video site from NBC and Fox is my leading choice for product of the year. Hulu allows users to stream television shows … Continue reading
The App Store is one of the key strengths of the iPhone. You can easily find, purchase and install applications that increase the utility of the iPhone. Steve Jobs claims that more than 100 million downloads have occurred in the … Continue reading
Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans puts Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page at #13 and #14 with a net worth of $15.9 billion for Brin and $15.8 billion for Page. That’s a bit less than the $20 billion … Continue reading
I’ve had the 3G iPhone for a couple of months now. During that time I’ve had the same complaints that most others have had: virtually nonexistent 3G coverage, anemic battery life and frequent crashes. But there are also details of … Continue reading
If you’re around town, ping me.