I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I've talked to @dan_schulman in the past. He seems really sharp. venturebeat.com/2012/05/10/doi… 42 minutes ago
- I imagine it would have been really hard to find an external leader to take on PayPal leadership under eBay bureaucracy. 49 minutes ago
- Interesting pick for head of independent PayPal. Good luck to @Dan_Schulman. Let's see what PayPal can do outside of eBay shadow. 55 minutes ago
- Restaurant calls customer to tell her she's banned after negative Yelp review. youtube.com/watch?v=vMTjQv… 1 day ago
- Even when you think you've anonymized data, you often haven't theiii.org/index.php/316/… Chop off first, last few blocks in NYC? via @hunterwalk 1 day ago
- Why I’m joining PayPal March 11, 2014
- How Google+ can win over parents and grandparents from Facebook February 19, 2014
- The best transportation option in San Francisco might be one you’ve never heard of February 19, 2014
- In my first dine-and-dash experience with OpenTable, even the server was onboard with it February 12, 2014
- Why I love Twitter — and why that might not matter February 6, 2014
- Google could still win social — by redefining what social means February 5, 2014
- Facebook is 10. So why is it acting like it’s 80? February 5, 2014
- What UberX’s new lower pricing means for the transportation market January 11, 2014
- Two pictures that illustrate 12 years of change in technology (and the increasing irrelevance of CES) January 10, 2014
- Evernote’s Phil Libin shows how to do startup PR the right way January 9, 2014
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A few thoughts on customer service
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- A wow experience from United Airlines. Wow.
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
Monthly Archives: September 2008
From the messages-you-wish-you could-unsend department: this cheerful email arrived in my mailbox shortly after I read about WaMu’s seizure by federal regulators. WaMu CEO Alan Fishman is getting an extended holiday. Note the “amazing rate” of 4 percent. WaMu has … Continue reading
At a time when we’re facing the first coup d’état in American history with King Henry effectively overthrowing our elected leaders, it’s refreshing to see that our creativity is still strong. A friend forwarded a link to BuyMyShitPile.com, a site … Continue reading
If I could award an Emmy for outstanding performance in television, I’d have a clear winner: Hulu. The video site from NBC and Fox is my leading choice for product of the year. Hulu allows users to stream television shows … Continue reading
The App Store is one of the key strengths of the iPhone. You can easily find, purchase and install applications that increase the utility of the iPhone. Steve Jobs claims that more than 100 million downloads have occurred in the … Continue reading
Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans puts Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page at #13 and #14 with a net worth of $15.9 billion for Brin and $15.8 billion for Page. That’s a bit less than the $20 billion … Continue reading
I’ve had the 3G iPhone for a couple of months now. During that time I’ve had the same complaints that most others have had: virtually nonexistent 3G coverage, anemic battery life and frequent crashes. But there are also details of … Continue reading
If you’re around town, ping me.