I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- At least my barista was able to explain to customer in front of me how chip cards work. 2 days ago
- Damn chip card people slowing down my Starbucks experience. http://t.co/GYZyZaQycq 2 days ago
- Probability, journalists and weather forecasters vox.com/2015/10/7/9472… 2 days ago
- RT @CFPB: New proposal to ban companies from using #arbitration clauses as a free pass to avoid accountability: go.usa.gov/3u6ZY 2 days ago
- Tips to enhance your GMV yourstory.com/2015/10/enhanc… I see lots of companies ignoring coupon code repeated use. 2 days ago
- How eye-tracking tech could help ICU patients communicate October 10, 2015
- Computer science is now the top major for women at Stanford University October 10, 2015
- Elon Musk clarifies earlier remarks, says he doesn’t hate Apple October 9, 2015
- Windows will add support for the North Korea time zone on October 20 October 9, 2015
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s first big move will reportedly be layoffs October 9, 2015
- Marketing analytics — The secret of segment domination (webinar) October 9, 2015
- Google blocks Kickass Torrents in Chrome and Firefox due to ‘harmful programs’ October 9, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place October 9, 2015
- Moto X Pure Edition review: A big phone I can live with October 9, 2015
- Sam Altman talks YC Research, stock options, and coffee at Hacker News AMA October 9, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon resource page
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Because manholes are round
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Monthly Archives: May 2008
Saw this odd juxtaposition of a Corona manual typewriter and Windows Vista Home Premium at a Noe Valley sidewalk sale today.
I was meeting some colleagues and partners last night for the Pistons playoff game. As we sat down for drinks, we realized that we’d left the tickets at our hotel – more than an hour away from the Palace. Six … Continue reading
In my comment on Clay Shirky’s speech on the cognitive surplus, I mentioned the effect of increased content production on consumption patterns. I didn’t mention the Internet’s perpetual motion machine. I was reminded of that when I reviewed the post … Continue reading
Microsoft’s Virtual Earth has a phenomenal addition to Live Search Maps that allows users to create virtual aerial tours. Here’s an example using pictures from my trip to Kauai: The tours can be exported as a video file and uploaded … Continue reading