I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Many US retailers not ready for fraud-proof cards cnbc.com/2015/07/30/man… 4 hours ago
- United CFO moves to PayPal. Maybe he can bring the same level of service over. 7 hours ago
- Guess those twitter emails are a short-term way to pump MAU; medium-term way to get people to unsubscribe from your emails. 9 hours ago
- Twitter has managed to create emails more useless than linkedin's barrage of spam. http://t.co/kXI8W3JvBT 9 hours ago
- Nokia Sells HERE Mapping Business To Group Of European Car Makers For $3.07B techcrunch.com/2015/08/02/her… 23 hours ago
- Glu to make a Nicki Minaj mobile game August 4, 2015
- Netflix now offers paid maternity and paternity leave for the first year August 4, 2015
- Activision Blizzard beats Wall Street’s expectations for Q2 2015 August 4, 2015
- Etsy grew revenue 44% to $61.4M last quarter and lost $6.4M, stock tanks 14% August 4, 2015
- The White House published the entire Iran deal on Medium August 4, 2015
- Google starts selling Project Tango dev kits internationally: coming to 12 countries this month August 4, 2015
- Who can win in mobile app personalization — and who’s in the game? August 4, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place August 4, 2015
- Facebook patents technology to help lenders discriminate against borrowers based on social connections August 4, 2015
- Google is adding critics’ reviews to search result cards for books and TV shows August 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Why I'm joining Groupon
Monthly Archives: May 2008
Saw this odd juxtaposition of a Corona manual typewriter and Windows Vista Home Premium at a Noe Valley sidewalk sale today.
I was meeting some colleagues and partners last night for the Pistons playoff game. As we sat down for drinks, we realized that we’d left the tickets at our hotel – more than an hour away from the Palace. Six … Continue reading
In my comment on Clay Shirky’s speech on the cognitive surplus, I mentioned the effect of increased content production on consumption patterns. I didn’t mention the Internet’s perpetual motion machine. I was reminded of that when I reviewed the post … Continue reading
Microsoft’s Virtual Earth has a phenomenal addition to Live Search Maps that allows users to create virtual aerial tours. Here’s an example using pictures from my trip to Kauai: The tours can be exported as a video file and uploaded … Continue reading