I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Great response from @finkd to @pmarca and @BenedictEvans. facebook.com/zuck/posts/101… Would love to see @sundarpichai weigh in here. 15 hours ago
- RT @usatodaytech: Twitter tries to reassure on MAUs: They’re already returning to Q3 levels $TWTR usatoday.com/story/tech/new… 17 hours ago
- RT @maxrogo: @rakeshlobster "The often cited "10x" revenue multiple just simply isn't a rule anymore." When was that ever an actual rule? .… 17 hours ago
- Great stuff here. Revenue multiples are falling and still massive differences between public and private valuations. twitter.com/mvellank/statu… 17 hours ago
- A public Twitter run by the postal service? Uh huh. One of the dumbest ideas I've read. nymag.com/following/2016… 18 hours ago
- Google’s U.K. tax grilling was more a way to vent public anger than reach a greater truth February 11, 2016
- Total War Battles: Kingdom takes epic war strategy franchise to free-to-play mobile February 11, 2016
- 2016 NowSecure Mobile Security Report Reveals That 25 Percent of Mobile Apps Include at Least One High Risk Security Flaw February 11, 2016
- Chukong spins out Cocos2d-x game engine and services as a separate company February 11, 2016
- The eyes have it: Eyefluence may have the answer to navigating AR/VR February 11, 2016
- Call of Duty and Dreamworks vets jump on the VR bandwagon February 11, 2016
- China’s Locojoy partners with Taptica to drive downloads of new game February 11, 2016
- Boosting organic downloads: ASO in 4 simple steps February 11, 2016
- Veniam raises $22M to bring Wi-Fi to buses and cabs, will expand to Singapore next February 11, 2016
- Qualcomm’s new chips include a Snapdragon that powers next-gen wearables February 11, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Because manholes are round
- Old gnews is bad gnews for United Airlines
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Technology's effects on our language
- More bad news for newspapers: hotels going green
- Social media and the new world of work -- my take
Monthly Archives: May 2008
Saw this odd juxtaposition of a Corona manual typewriter and Windows Vista Home Premium at a Noe Valley sidewalk sale today.
I was meeting some colleagues and partners last night for the Pistons playoff game. As we sat down for drinks, we realized that we’d left the tickets at our hotel – more than an hour away from the Palace. Six … Continue reading
In my comment on Clay Shirky’s speech on the cognitive surplus, I mentioned the effect of increased content production on consumption patterns. I didn’t mention the Internet’s perpetual motion machine. I was reminded of that when I reviewed the post … Continue reading
Microsoft’s Virtual Earth has a phenomenal addition to Live Search Maps that allows users to create virtual aerial tours. Here’s an example using pictures from my trip to Kauai: The tours can be exported as a video file and uploaded … Continue reading