I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Apple boss: We have a human right to privacy via @mdudas telegraph.co.uk/technology/app… 1 day ago
- Outlook app users: anyway to add @tripit calendar to its calendar? 1 day ago
- RT @erikbryn: "in the entire history of the US airline industry, cumulative earnings have been negative $33B" vox.com/2014/8/27/6075… via @m… 1 day ago
- RT @kevinrose: Tim Cook says that the Apple Watch will "replace your cars keys", I disagree, @Uber will replace your car keys 1 day ago
- RT @VisaSecurity: [INFOGRAPHIC] What’s a chip card? vi.sa/1w0Yy3b http://t.co/3X4SsZMd3f 1 day ago
- The ‘connected car’ is creating a massive new business opportunity for auto, tech, and telecom companies March 2, 2015
- Here’s what entrepreneurship 3.0 looks like March 2, 2015
- Shakeup at Google! Bradley Horowitz reportedly now running Google+ March 2, 2015
- The new era of micro-multinationals March 2, 2015
- Sqore, which holds recruitment challenges for young talent, gets $3.5M from Northzone March 1, 2015
- Blackberry takes security, productivity, and communications tools cross-platform March 1, 2015
- Supersonic sees big growth for ‘rewarded video ads’ in mobile games (interview) March 1, 2015
- Canadian payment tech provider Mobeewave closes $6.5M round led by Russia’s SBT Venture Capital March 1, 2015
- Women in tech: Is the outrage helping or hurting? March 1, 2015
- Captain Kirk is answering questions about Spock on Twitter right now March 1, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon resource page
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Monthly Archives: May 2008
Saw this odd juxtaposition of a Corona manual typewriter and Windows Vista Home Premium at a Noe Valley sidewalk sale today.
I was meeting some colleagues and partners last night for the Pistons playoff game. As we sat down for drinks, we realized that we’d left the tickets at our hotel – more than an hour away from the Palace. Six … Continue reading
In my comment on Clay Shirky’s speech on the cognitive surplus, I mentioned the effect of increased content production on consumption patterns. I didn’t mention the Internet’s perpetual motion machine. I was reminded of that when I reviewed the post … Continue reading
Microsoft’s Virtual Earth has a phenomenal addition to Live Search Maps that allows users to create virtual aerial tours. Here’s an example using pictures from my trip to Kauai: The tours can be exported as a video file and uploaded … Continue reading