I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- My usual reliable package receiving service screwed up my apple watch orders. Frustrating. 43 minutes ago
- RT @redesignmobile: Excited to welcome @NRellas and @wartzack as the latest investors in @redesignmobile. Great to have such smart people o… 1 hour ago
- It would be awesome if @periscopeco or @AppMeerkat did chroma key. I'd switch just for that. 1 hour ago
- Resisting picking up my Apple Watch to work on data modeling. #startuplife 2 hours ago
- So far, all the @redesignmobile investors have invested before learning what the product is. Launch is Wednesday. #startuplife 5 hours ago
- A change in Facebook’s top paid execs speaks volumes about the company’s priorities April 25, 2015
- Apple Watch teardown reveals deactivated blood oxygen sensors April 25, 2015
- The live-stream video tweet battle: Meerkat’s still fighting, but Periscope is winning April 25, 2015
- Skype for iPhone gets Apple Watch support, but no voice or video calling just yet April 25, 2015
- Plug-In hybrid HUMMERs headed for the South Pole on biodiesel April 25, 2015
- Why Google’s Project Fi could be the beginning of the end for Verizon and AT&T April 25, 2015
- My Apple Watch arrived today. Here are my first impressions April 24, 2015
- IPO Scorecard: Apigee’s down round gives win to early-stage VCs April 24, 2015
- The 5 best Apple Watch apps for the enterprise (so far) April 24, 2015
- Research firm Newzoo teams up with Chinese mobile-intelligence company April 24, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Monthly Archives: May 2008
Saw this odd juxtaposition of a Corona manual typewriter and Windows Vista Home Premium at a Noe Valley sidewalk sale today.
I was meeting some colleagues and partners last night for the Pistons playoff game. As we sat down for drinks, we realized that we’d left the tickets at our hotel – more than an hour away from the Palace. Six … Continue reading
In my comment on Clay Shirky’s speech on the cognitive surplus, I mentioned the effect of increased content production on consumption patterns. I didn’t mention the Internet’s perpetual motion machine. I was reminded of that when I reviewed the post … Continue reading
Microsoft’s Virtual Earth has a phenomenal addition to Live Search Maps that allows users to create virtual aerial tours. Here’s an example using pictures from my trip to Kauai: The tours can be exported as a video file and uploaded … Continue reading