I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Periscope feed spam already. http://t.co/lVJ8okPhSx 3 hours ago
- Other plus of @StarwoodBuzz keyless: app shows room number. I always forget mine or confuse with last hotel. 7 hours ago
- Kind of cool being able to use my iPhone to open door at @WHotels. http://t.co/kRZjhhWuJL 8 hours ago
- Early adopter distortion: I'm following more on periscope than are following me. Vastly different from twitter ratio. 9 hours ago
- When you use Google Maps they now pull up info derived from your email. In this case, hotel reservation info. http://t.co/RoxLu4JJtq 9 hours ago
- Martech, meet salestech: HubSpot’s acquisition of Rekindle pushes marketing automation out to sales March 27, 2015
- You can now buy HTC’s new flagship smartphone online — if you live in the U.S. March 27, 2015
- Talk of biotech bubble rattles Wall Street March 27, 2015
- Here’s how Sling TV, sports streaming, and standalone services will impact pay-TV March 27, 2015
- Facebook announces Nuclide, an open-source IDE based on GitHub’s Atom text editor March 27, 2015
- Pebble’s new smartwatch hits $20M in Kickstarter preorders March 26, 2015
- Playstudios recruits Shaquille O’Neal to pump up its social casino games March 26, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place March 26, 2015
- Microsoft acquires and shutters PowerPoint collaboration startup LiveLoop (confirmed) March 26, 2015
- With Alibaba shares spun off, Yahoo shifts focus to its own stock price March 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- My technology adoption history
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Sam Altman will clean your house for $5
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Because manholes are round
Monthly Archives: May 2008
Saw this odd juxtaposition of a Corona manual typewriter and Windows Vista Home Premium at a Noe Valley sidewalk sale today.
I was meeting some colleagues and partners last night for the Pistons playoff game. As we sat down for drinks, we realized that we’d left the tickets at our hotel – more than an hour away from the Palace. Six … Continue reading
In my comment on Clay Shirky’s speech on the cognitive surplus, I mentioned the effect of increased content production on consumption patterns. I didn’t mention the Internet’s perpetual motion machine. I was reminded of that when I reviewed the post … Continue reading
Microsoft’s Virtual Earth has a phenomenal addition to Live Search Maps that allows users to create virtual aerial tours. Here’s an example using pictures from my trip to Kauai: The tours can be exported as a video file and uploaded … Continue reading