I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Blackberry and Nokia lost because they focused on wrong buyer. (IT manager and carrier). Apple focused on consumer. businessinsider.com/apple-ceo-tim-… 2 hours ago
- Do any of current media streamers show you your own pictures in 4K? 3 hours ago
- News organizations do the country a disservice by doing online polls about important topics. dailydot.com/layer8/trump-c… 3 hours ago
- Good stuff from @mims. Regulatory and liability challenges will be as big (probably bigger) than technology. wsj.com/articles/self-… 9 hours ago
- The disgusting people at Hofstra put a fan just at my podium and blew pollen in my face. RIGGED! Sad. (Sniffle) google.com/amp/mobile.nyt… 21 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
Category Archives: mobile
[Note: I will be adding screenshots. Check back in about an hour.] eBay is trying to revolutionize local commerce. eBay’s new product, eBay Now, allows consumers to have same-day delivery of products found at local retailers. It weaves together eBay’s … Continue reading
IDC’s 2011 shopper survey shows shockingly high usage of smart phone scanning tools to scan bar codes and QR codes. Nearly 1/3 of those surveyed said they had scanned a bar code. A common use of this technology is to … Continue reading
That’s right, the CEO of Loopt will personally clean your house for $5. But only if 1,000 people sign up. Only, I haven’t told him about the deal yet. He may not agree, but I’m using his name anyway. Hell, … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading
On my last trip, I had the opportunity to try United’s mobile check-in and mobile boarding passes. The promise is paper-free check in. It sounds really great, but it’s not quite there. Partly it’s due to United’s horrible user interface, … Continue reading