I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- How awesome would it be if @EPN live tweeted trump's speech? 13 minutes ago
- So who is lying @EPN or @realDonaldTrump ? twitter.com/epn/status/771… 2 hours ago
- When did @Shyp start charging for packaging? Those VC subsidies seem to be going away. 2 hours ago
- RT @jonfavs: @ThePlumLineGS Bannon realizes he doesn't have to fool the voters, just the media - much, much easier. 2 hours ago
- More moves in mapping. 7 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Because manholes are round
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Why Netflix is killing it -- and what startups can learn from its success
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Category Archives: microsoft
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading
Yesterday marked my one year anniversary at Tellme. I spent the day where I started a year earlier: at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Coincidentally, Ford officially announced its next generation of SYNC, which incorporates Tellme services. It’s … Continue reading
Om Malik asks on his blog whether VOIP is dead or alive. It’s an interesting question and the answer is very different depending on how you define VOIP. Many people associate VOIP with cheap voice calls using the Internet. This … Continue reading
A friend asked me today “Does one Bear Stearns bailout equal the entire newspaper industry?” I decided to find out. Although there isn’t a clear answer, I was surprised by how small the newspaper industry is. Here are the market … Continue reading
Google’s Panoramio has launched one of the most exciting advances in online pictures since flickr added geotagging. A new “Look around” feature shows you when pictures are available from other angles. In the screenshot below, you can see the dome … Continue reading