I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Try to follow the logic on California props 65 and 67. ballotpedia.org/California_Pro… 25 minutes ago
- California state ballot propositions in haiku. drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sbc0… 37 minutes ago
- Saw a physical classifieds section for time in years. My how that business has disappeared. https://t.co/EiRZgD0p11 1 hour ago
- Of course, Trump could still get $10M if he let @mcuban sit in the moderator chair. twitter.com/realDonaldTrum… 2 hours ago
- This is what I want to see more of. https://t.co/0ywAzv0BRR 13 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Getting out of your cell phone contract for free
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A wow experience from United Airlines. Wow.
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- The economics of LivingSocial/Whole Foods-like deals
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
Category Archives: journalism
I wrote six pieces last week, covering a wider range of topics. If I were to rank them based on their potential for impact, it would go like this: How our favorite tech services should help us in emergencies – A look … Continue reading
Grim This chart shows U.S. newspaper print revenue in nominal dollars. Grimmer Take the same data and adjust it for inflation. Now we’re nearly at 1950 levels. (2011 dollars) Grimmest Now take the inflation adjusted data and do a per … Continue reading
I had several people comment to me this week that they would like to see more timely updates in response to breaking news on companies. For example, the Yelp S-1 was released on Thursday and I probably won’t post my … Continue reading
One of the great innovators in online journalism, Jim Romenesko, resigned from his position at the Poynter Institute, a journalism think tank of sorts. Among journalists, Romenesko practically invented blogging. Some reporters who claimed to never had read a blog … Continue reading
The Washington Post’s technology columnist, Rob Pegoraro, announced yesterday that he is leaving his position. The proximate cause is management deciding that the sort of review and analysis of technology that I’ve been doing for most of those 17 years … Continue reading
Today marks the launch of a groundbreaking new app called Color. The app, available for iPhone and Android, has users automatically share pictures with those around them. Take a picture and people in close proximity can see them. No logins, … Continue reading