I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Maybe Macy's can have a one-day sale, with an extra 20% off and preview day Saturday for real estate. tcbmag.com/News/Recent-Ne… 1 day ago
- "assuming that the news media will be gullible and innumerate seems like a good bet." Always a safe bet. nyti.ms/2gTf4wq 1 day ago
- RT @felixsalmon: I like wonkish fiscal-policy analysis like this, it reminds me of pre-Trump Republicanism baselinescenario.com/2016/12/02/mor… 1 day ago
- RT @business: Sources confirm that Sirius XM has approached Pandora's board about a possible takeover. Here's what we know https://t.co/rtG… 1 day ago
- RT @MarcBodnick: Disagree. Amazon competes in fiercely competitive retail industry. Uber is building a true monopoly, or - at worst -the le… 1 day ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- What is art in the digital age?
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- So you're thinking about joining a startup...
- Touch-and-go credit card payments
- Rocky's travel secrets for your flights home
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
December 2016 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: facebook
I’ve been thinking more about Google+ since my TechCrunch post on the Google circles colliding. Even if you buy the argument that categorizing your friends into buckets offers user value (which I don’t), that is not a defensible feature for … Continue reading
Apple retail stores celebrated their 10th anniversary last week. The stores have defied all analyst expectations and have become the highest grossing retailers in the world. The company’s market cap exceeds all of the other players in tech. Its $5,000 … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading
There’s an interesting thread over at Mike Blumenthal’s blog on the effect of Facebook Places on the local reviews space. My view is that reviews and updates will coexist, much as blogs and Twitter coexist. People who were less committed … Continue reading
I’ve been using an HTC EVO since last Friday. As an iPhone user for the last two years, this is the first Android phone that has appealed to me. CrunchGear has a good comparison of the technical specs of the iPhone … Continue reading