I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Interesting. Samsung pay to integrate with Masterpass. androidauthority.com/samsung-pay-ex… 10 hours ago
- RT @pymnts: .@gubagoo says its one of the first chat providers in the automotive industry to offer this feature ow.ly/6jjt305uXrf 10 hours ago
- Yup. Primarily Google and Facebook. And mostly talent acquisitions. twitter.com/ericnewcomer/s… 11 hours ago
- RT @EricNewcomer: Bill Gurley: "lots and lots of new money coming in...masses amount of money like I've never seen in my entire life" 11 hours ago
- Proprietary bank programs (ThankYou, Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rewards) are much better values than airline progs viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/10/25/del… 13 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
October 2016 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: facebook
I’ve been thinking more about Google+ since my TechCrunch post on the Google circles colliding. Even if you buy the argument that categorizing your friends into buckets offers user value (which I don’t), that is not a defensible feature for … Continue reading
Apple retail stores celebrated their 10th anniversary last week. The stores have defied all analyst expectations and have become the highest grossing retailers in the world. The company’s market cap exceeds all of the other players in tech. Its $5,000 … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading
There’s an interesting thread over at Mike Blumenthal’s blog on the effect of Facebook Places on the local reviews space. My view is that reviews and updates will coexist, much as blogs and Twitter coexist. People who were less committed … Continue reading
I’ve been using an HTC EVO since last Friday. As an iPhone user for the last two years, this is the first Android phone that has appealed to me. CrunchGear has a good comparison of the technical specs of the iPhone … Continue reading