I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I can’t remember last time I saw a Taco Bell with an actual bell in it. (And, no, I didn’t come to Santa Barbara an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Buy the two pack of the Sonos one instead of HomePod. Fun find in downtown Santa Barbara. No retail though. https://t.co/5teWsTjhWq 3 hours ago
- Is there a better example of regulatory capture than the firearms industry in the US? 3 hours ago
- Another artifact of history. I’m tempted to get a card catalog cabinet for the house. Don’t know what I’d use it fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- If trump ever has a presser again, two questions: do you support the right of Muslims to own guns? Do you support t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Donald Trump is right
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Watson vs. Google
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Deep dish pizza near O'Hare - result found
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Why running a Groupon can destroy your Yelp ratings
- Tracking the trackers
February 2018 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Category Archives: facebook
This contains a summary of my work this week. I had two very important non-Groupon stories this week, on Facebook and Twitter. My work Secrets of Facebook’s success: Virality — Facebook’s photo tagging feature was an important driver of its growth. … Continue reading
In the short-term, much of Facebook’s user growth will come from international markets. Unfortunately, that’s not where the money is. Based on my analysis of Facebook’s S-1, Facebook generated $13.99 in revenue for each U.S. user and $2.81 for foreign … Continue reading
In December, Facebook had more than 100 million more unique users than Google did when it went public in August 2004. In December 2011, Facebook had 162.5 million unique users in the United States. In August 2004, Google had 61.9 … Continue reading
Chris Dixon ignited a firestorm on his blog when he said it was Twitter’s fault that Google doesn’t index tweets. It’s the fault of both parties, really. Neither has the moral high ground. Twitter does not block Google from crawling … Continue reading
Today, Google announced its acquisition of Zagat, the company that publishes the venerable restaurant and hotel review guides. It’s a terrific acquisition. If Google executes correctly, this deal could be as significant as the YouTube deal has been. (I was … Continue reading
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading