I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I definitely trust Google Pay more than anything from a bank, especially a consortium of them.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Interesting move. So much you can do with connected cars. apple.news/Ags_pPZSsSpqbj… 8 hours ago
- Nice ad targeting from T-Mobile. (That’s an AT&T store underneath the billboard.) https://t.co/hEuUJGFH63 22 hours ago
- It looks like @WaffleHouse went to the @united school of crisis management instead of the @Starbucks one. apple.news/AjZ0kjNYJQSO70… 23 hours ago
- Solving a problem no one has. pymnts.com/news/payment-m… 1 day ago
- How technology chips away at jobs
- How to turn on the innovation light bulb
- Autonomous vehicles are going to change the world in more ways than you know
- Protected: Personal post
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Because manholes are round
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- e-Vic - Personalization that works
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don't want it? Get your money back
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
April 2018 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: facebook
This contains a summary of my work this week. I had two very important non-Groupon stories this week, on Facebook and Twitter. My work Secrets of Facebook’s success: Virality — Facebook’s photo tagging feature was an important driver of its growth. … Continue reading
In the short-term, much of Facebook’s user growth will come from international markets. Unfortunately, that’s not where the money is. Based on my analysis of Facebook’s S-1, Facebook generated $13.99 in revenue for each U.S. user and $2.81 for foreign … Continue reading
In December, Facebook had more than 100 million more unique users than Google did when it went public in August 2004. In December 2011, Facebook had 162.5 million unique users in the United States. In August 2004, Google had 61.9 … Continue reading
Chris Dixon ignited a firestorm on his blog when he said it was Twitter’s fault that Google doesn’t index tweets. It’s the fault of both parties, really. Neither has the moral high ground. Twitter does not block Google from crawling … Continue reading
Today, Google announced its acquisition of Zagat, the company that publishes the venerable restaurant and hotel review guides. It’s a terrific acquisition. If Google executes correctly, this deal could be as significant as the YouTube deal has been. (I was … Continue reading
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading