I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Facebook Was Ordered to Stop Collecting WhatsApp User Data in Germany fortune.com/2016/09/27/fac… 52 minutes ago
- Because pricing isn't complicated enough. If it works, though, will create lock in. uber.com/info/plus/sanf… 1 hour ago
- You don't have to replicate FedEx/UPS. Cherry-pick most profitable. Leave UPS with one guy 50 miles away on farm. wsj.com/articles/amazo… 1 hour ago
- Really been loving my experience with @mealpal. Subscription lunch service in various markets. $6/lunch… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 4 hours ago
- Compilation of reviews of Uber's self-driving experiment. I may have to fly to Pittsburgh to check it out. therealdeal.boardingarea.com/test-riding-ub… 5 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- My great Groupon customer service experience
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Monthly Archives: December 2011
PayPal is preparing to launch a Groupon competitor in the first quarter of 2012, according to Bloomberg. The eBay subsidiary hopes to tap into its base of 103 million accountholders. From what I’ve seen so far, this doesn’t seem like … Continue reading
IDC’s 2011 shopper survey shows shockingly high usage of smart phone scanning tools to scan bar codes and QR codes. Nearly 1/3 of those surveyed said they had scanned a bar code. A common use of this technology is to … Continue reading