I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I'd say Trump would tweet things at 3 am @JustinTrudeau. But he probably has no idea who that is. (Like @GovGaryJohnson ) 12 hours ago
- Correction: @dcurtis and @nhglass tell me notifications work over wifi. Bluetooth range is not a requirement. twitter.com/rakeshlobster/… 12 hours ago
- Apple Watch comes to restaurant industry. Makes sense. Better than everyone carrying iPads. One 2 many would be good eater.com/2016/9/28/1309… 14 hours ago
- Another first-time Non-Republican endorsement. Conservative media outlets have guts, while @SpeakerRyan cowers. sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/editor… 18 hours ago
- One of the rare designs of the Commodore 64. I started programming on the older style. geek.com/tech/a-commodo… 20 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Because manholes are round
- So you're thinking about joining a startup...
- Technology moves on, language doesn't
- Technology's effects on our language
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Monthly Archives: March 2007
Google revamped its mobile search offering, simplifying the search process. Before, you had to enter a search term and then select which index they wanted to search: Web, mobile, local or images. Now you can type in a search term … Continue reading
Google is offering flight status information via SMS. Just send your flight number (e.g. UA 484) to GOOGLE (466453) and you get a return message with flight departure and arrival times, gate information and the airline’s phone number. (With most … Continue reading
A terrific presentation from Andrew Tomkins of Yahoo! Research at ICWSM today. He mentioned Yahoo’s Taglines – another way of visualizing flickr data. Flickr photos and the top tags for each day float by. (It gets better if you start … Continue reading
Today’s WSJ has a story that vividly illustrates the tradeoffs that technology can offer between privacy and security (subscription required). The story explores how the increased data that cars collect can be used: That data could be crucial to guiding … Continue reading
I’m in Vail over the weekend and then Boulder for the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media. If you’re around, message me.