I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Yay Cubbies! That win was a long time coming. #FlyTheW. 5 hours ago
- First time seeing @Drizly in SF. Congratulations on the launch @NRellas. https://t.co/vUQ9C9YKoi 6 hours ago
- End of an er(ror) Groupon says the cost of the acquisition "is not material.” chicagobusiness.com/article/201610… 9 hours ago
- The cable monopoly wins. Even a company with the resources of Google can't compete. usatoday.com/story/tech/new… 9 hours ago
- Awesome story. Only better was when someone gave up seat so I could be w/my brother for heart and kidney transplant. edition.cnn.com/2016/10/26/spo… 9 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Please don't send to a friend
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Packaged pani puri as progress
Monthly Archives: March 2007
Google revamped its mobile search offering, simplifying the search process. Before, you had to enter a search term and then select which index they wanted to search: Web, mobile, local or images. Now you can type in a search term … Continue reading
Google is offering flight status information via SMS. Just send your flight number (e.g. UA 484) to GOOGLE (466453) and you get a return message with flight departure and arrival times, gate information and the airline’s phone number. (With most … Continue reading
A terrific presentation from Andrew Tomkins of Yahoo! Research at ICWSM today. He mentioned Yahoo’s Taglines – another way of visualizing flickr data. Flickr photos and the top tags for each day float by. (It gets better if you start … Continue reading
Today’s WSJ has a story that vividly illustrates the tradeoffs that technology can offer between privacy and security (subscription required). The story explores how the increased data that cars collect can be used: That data could be crucial to guiding … Continue reading
I’m in Vail over the weekend and then Boulder for the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media. If you’re around, message me.