I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Maybe Macy's can have a one-day sale, with an extra 20% off and preview day Saturday for real estate. tcbmag.com/News/Recent-Ne… 20 hours ago
- "assuming that the news media will be gullible and innumerate seems like a good bet." Always a safe bet. nyti.ms/2gTf4wq 21 hours ago
- RT @felixsalmon: I like wonkish fiscal-policy analysis like this, it reminds me of pre-Trump Republicanism baselinescenario.com/2016/12/02/mor… 23 hours ago
- RT @business: Sources confirm that Sirius XM has approached Pandora's board about a possible takeover. Here's what we know https://t.co/rtG… 23 hours ago
- RT @MarcBodnick: Disagree. Amazon competes in fiercely competitive retail industry. Uber is building a true monopoly, or - at worst -the le… 23 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- PR tip: Don't use a celebrity's death to pitch your company
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Touch-and-go credit card payments
- Netflix throws away the disc in the US
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
Monthly Archives: March 2007
Google revamped its mobile search offering, simplifying the search process. Before, you had to enter a search term and then select which index they wanted to search: Web, mobile, local or images. Now you can type in a search term … Continue reading
Google is offering flight status information via SMS. Just send your flight number (e.g. UA 484) to GOOGLE (466453) and you get a return message with flight departure and arrival times, gate information and the airline’s phone number. (With most … Continue reading
A terrific presentation from Andrew Tomkins of Yahoo! Research at ICWSM today. He mentioned Yahoo’s Taglines – another way of visualizing flickr data. Flickr photos and the top tags for each day float by. (It gets better if you start … Continue reading
Today’s WSJ has a story that vividly illustrates the tradeoffs that technology can offer between privacy and security (subscription required). The story explores how the increased data that cars collect can be used: That data could be crucial to guiding … Continue reading
I’m in Vail over the weekend and then Boulder for the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media. If you’re around, message me.