I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Good thoughts on how to make decisions by @angusdav Committing to decisions - Providence Business News pbn.com/Committing-to-…? 21 hours ago
- RT @chchien: the pain continues for SF renters. 1BR now $3460 on average. prices are having a negative impact on startup ecosystem http://t… 22 hours ago
- Nordstrom's customer service reputation also applies to Nordstrom Bank. Couldn't have been more polite when I accidentally missed a payment. 22 hours ago
- RT @stevesi: Meera Joshi CEO of NYC Taxi commission saying "city is better off with services like Uber and Lyft" due to competition. On @S… 22 hours ago
- RT @DavidSacks: Shrewd (and hopeful) move by @Dan_Schulman to elevate the startup guys within PayPal. readwrite.com/2015/03/02/pay… 22 hours ago
- Intel aims to double the number of women in gaming March 5, 2015
- Why you should fear take your drone to work day March 5, 2015
- Zoe Quinn and other female game developers speak out against harassment March 5, 2015
- Valve’s and HTC’s Vive is the most believable virtual reality experience yet March 5, 2015
- Two-thirds of consumers say they’d like to shop using Oculus March 4, 2015
- Etsy’s 54M members drove $1.93B in sales last year March 4, 2015
- Etsy files to go public with $100M IPO March 4, 2015
- Amazon comes to Mobile World Congress looking for more gaming love from developers March 4, 2015
- Epic Games’ new ‘A Boy and His Kite’ tech demo points to blue skies for the game industry March 4, 2015
- Apple starts 2015 by slipping to 41.3% U.S. smartphone share, Samsung stays flat at 29.3% March 4, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: January 2012
In December, Facebook had more than 100 million more unique users than Google did when it went public in August 2004. In December 2011, Facebook had 162.5 million unique users in the United States. In August 2004, Google had 61.9 … Continue reading
Chris Dixon ignited a firestorm on his blog when he said it was Twitter’s fault that Google doesn’t index tweets. It’s the fault of both parties, really. Neither has the moral high ground. Twitter does not block Google from crawling … Continue reading
As you may have seen in my VentureBeat post, I’m not a fan of vanity metrics. They are dishonest to consumers and the media. And they’re bad for startups because they shift focus to the next milestone to announce and … Continue reading
This chart illustrates the market capitalization of 3 top tech companies and 4 top media companies. (In billions.) If you add up the 4 media companies, they are roughly half the valuation of Apple. Even the largest of these media … Continue reading