I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bye 1 week ago
- RT @TradeEconomista: Worthy reminder: Steve Jobs biological father was also a #SyrianRefugee @APPLEOFFIClAL @DisneyPixar https://t.co/2… 1 week ago
- The Marriott deal likely means another blow for @AmericanExpress. And my favorite card -- the @StarwoodBuzz AmEx will be no more. :( 1 week ago
- Marriott Buying Starwood in Deal Valued at $12.2 Billion bloomberg.com/news/articles/… FUCK. 1 week ago
- RT @Eater: In-N-Out Burger sues DoorDash for delivering burgers without its permission eater.com/2015/11/11/971… 2 weeks ago
- Xiaomi’s new $15 high-fidelity in-ear headphones don’t suck November 27, 2015
- Google patents a system for removing biological tissue with a laser November 27, 2015
- This Chrome extension replaces Facebook’s trending topics with any RSS feed November 27, 2015
- NSA to shut down bulk phone surveillance program by Sunday November 27, 2015
- Newegg and Neiman Marcus websites go down on Black Friday November 27, 2015
- Lenovo hopes Razer will give it an edge in gamer PCs November 27, 2015
- GamesBeat’s 2015 ‘Naughty and Nice’ alternative holiday gift guide November 27, 2015
- Here’s your Black Friday/Cyber Monday tech deals roundup, you animals November 27, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: PlayStation 4 sales pass 30 million, and the SNES turns 25 November 27, 2015
- Do smartphones need a dumbing down? November 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Packaged pani puri as progress
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Can you understand me now?
Monthly Archives: January 2012
In December, Facebook had more than 100 million more unique users than Google did when it went public in August 2004. In December 2011, Facebook had 162.5 million unique users in the United States. In August 2004, Google had 61.9 … Continue reading
Chris Dixon ignited a firestorm on his blog when he said it was Twitter’s fault that Google doesn’t index tweets. It’s the fault of both parties, really. Neither has the moral high ground. Twitter does not block Google from crawling … Continue reading
As you may have seen in my VentureBeat post, I’m not a fan of vanity metrics. They are dishonest to consumers and the media. And they’re bad for startups because they shift focus to the next milestone to announce and … Continue reading
This chart illustrates the market capitalization of 3 top tech companies and 4 top media companies. (In billions.) If you add up the 4 media companies, they are roughly half the valuation of Apple. Even the largest of these media … Continue reading