I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @ajorama: @rakeshlobster @intuit @jmp_nyc great article on Intuit being against tax reform here propublica.org/article/how-th… by @ProPublica 1 hour ago
- RT @ShopKeep: Want to Accept Apple Pay in Your Small Business? Sign Up for a FREE READER! cards.twitter.com/cards/btpwb/bc… 1 hour ago
- Intuit seems to have to make a lot of apologies for boneheaded moves on its @turbotax products. Crappy DRM, forced upgrade, etc. 2 hours ago
- Food delivery: @doordash expands to SF. Good to see restaurants being introduced to less scummy forms of online marketing. 3 hours ago
- If you think Google search grew organically, you're wrong. It grew because of boneheaded moves by $AOL and $YHOO. +10000000 Google biz dev. 3 hours ago
- This is what Bill Gates thinks of Microsoft’s HoloLens January 28, 2015
- Araxid pulls in $12.5M to bring its database clean-up platform to other verticals January 28, 2015
- GitHub fixed 57 security vulnerabilities in 2014 via its bug bounty program, doubles maximum payout to $10,000 January 28, 2015
- Facebook’s external advertising network has more than reach — it has customer loyalty January 28, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place January 28, 2015
- Move over, Google. Amazon just launched an email service January 28, 2015
- Mobile Summit: Top-tier speaker line-up announced January 28, 2015
- Facebook now loads images 15% faster on iOS, cuts Android errors by 8% January 28, 2015
- FTC fines TracFone $40 million for throttling ‘unlimited’ data plans January 28, 2015
- Microsoft revamps photos in OneDrive with curation, albums, and search improvements January 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Thoughts on service startups
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb