I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Apple boss: We have a human right to privacy via @mdudas telegraph.co.uk/technology/app… 2 days ago
- Outlook app users: anyway to add @tripit calendar to its calendar? 2 days ago
- RT @erikbryn: "in the entire history of the US airline industry, cumulative earnings have been negative $33B" vox.com/2014/8/27/6075… via @m… 2 days ago
- RT @kevinrose: Tim Cook says that the Apple Watch will "replace your cars keys", I disagree, @Uber will replace your car keys 2 days ago
- RT @VisaSecurity: [INFOGRAPHIC] What’s a chip card? vi.sa/1w0Yy3b http://t.co/3X4SsZMd3f 2 days ago
- China’s Brite Semiconductor raises $8M round to make custom chips March 3, 2015
- Mobile game visuals will get better with upcoming successor to OpenGL graphics standard March 3, 2015
- Paris Hilton chases Kim Kardashian into celebrity mobile gaming March 3, 2015
- Researchers have a plan to make batteries hold 10x more power March 3, 2015
- Website builder The Grid gets Chrome extension, iOS app, & automatic image cropping March 3, 2015
- Google updates Play Services API with new location features for Android apps March 3, 2015
- The FDA is finally embracing health tech — that’s both good and bad news March 3, 2015
- Xiaomi releases a $63 GoPro competitor (with optional selfie stick) March 3, 2015
- Marketing Automation: 200+ vendors, but which ones matter most? March 2, 2015
- Why Y Combinator’s Sam Altman thinks AI needs regulation March 2, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Technology's effects on our language