I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Great advice from @joshelman on product hunt live producthunt.com/live/josh-elman 1 day ago
- RT @ReutersTech: Instagram adds features to keep up with young, messaging users reut.rs/1PJvpP8 1 day ago
- Restaurant recommendations by Uber? Using mass data to make recommendations viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2015/09/01/hil… 1 day ago
- “DoorDash Inks First Non-Restaurant Delivery Deal With 7-Eleven (Sans Slurpees)” forbes.com/sites/emilyinv… 1 day ago
- How long has Google been letting you scroll through recent tweets in search results? 1 day ago
- Google Classroom gets a Chrome extension so teachers and students can open sites together September 2, 2015
- Google Docs gets Google search integration, speech recognition, and automatic chart generation September 2, 2015
- Android developers can now build Chrome custom tabs into their apps September 2, 2015
- Epic’s Unreal Engine virtual reality demo hits Oculus Rift, PS4’s Morpheus, and Vive September 2, 2015
- Adobe announces newly integrated mobile analytics tools September 2, 2015
- FTC settles with Machinima for paying YouTube influencers to endorse Xbox One September 2, 2015
- Hulu wants to charge you an extra $4 per month to remove ads, but it doesn’t even work for all shows September 2, 2015
- GamesBeat 2015 adds Nexon’s chief Owen Mahoney as a speaker September 2, 2015
- Want to crack mobile marketing? Get users to turn on location services first September 2, 2015
- Microsoft Azure launches GS-Series virtual machines with high-performance storage, cuts prices for D-Series, DS-Series September 2, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Look at the logo Google News puts next to Groupon
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Google Offers merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View