I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @trengriffin: People who try to explain market price changes by naming a single factor crack me up. mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKC… Markets are … 6 hours ago
- RT @Techmeme: PayPal launches Commerce, a toolkit for integrating buy buttons into apps, in closed beta techcrunch.com/2016/02/11/pay… https://t.c… 10 hours ago
- RT @rdoddala: Facebook wants what twitter's got and twitter wants what facebook's got! https://t.co/hPerpfpgSw 11 hours ago
- RT @digiphile: .@Facebook prompted me about #DemDebate with a hashtag. cc @chrismessina youtube.com/watch?v=o56pLq… https://t.co/UWXrLsJ0Dl 11 hours ago
- As much as I love my @amazonecho , it is invaluable to those with disabilities. Especially when paired with home automation. 11 hours ago
- Tech’s 10 biggest losers and 5 biggest winners this earnings season February 12, 2016
- Runkeeper acquired by sportswear giant Asics February 12, 2016
- Viral all-star OK Go picks Facebook over YouTube to launch new music video February 12, 2016
- BitTorrent launches $4.95 annual subscription to remove ads from uTorrent February 12, 2016
- 7 marketing hacks to roar through the downturn February 12, 2016
- Google self-driving car effort expands hiring, posts manufacturing jobs February 12, 2016
- January 2016 NPD: Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto top sales chart with few new releases February 11, 2016
- Pandora refuses to comment on rumors of sale February 11, 2016
- PlayStation 4 outsold Xbox One at U.S. retailers in January February 11, 2016
- Call of Duty saw double-digit growth in 2015, now has more players than ever before February 11, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- The chart every member of Congress should see
- Because manholes are round
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Why I like the American Express approach to offers