I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- If you haven't shut off @periscopeco notifications yet, Apple Watch will ensure you do. If Watch gets rid of spammy notifications, good. 7 minutes ago
- Instaverdict on Apple Watch: slow and buggy. Photos app in particular is a disaster. 1 hour ago
- My usual reliable package receiving service screwed up my apple watch orders. Frustrating. 5 hours ago
- RT @redesignmobile: Excited to welcome @NRellas and @wartzack as the latest investors in @redesignmobile. Great to have such smart people o… 6 hours ago
- It would be awesome if @periscopeco or @AppMeerkat did chroma key. I'd switch just for that. 6 hours ago
- Why Amazon paid for 2,000 employees to take classes in things like airplane mechanics and nursing April 26, 2015
- The future of augmented reality could be a contact lens (podcast) April 25, 2015
- Tesla Motors website and Twitter account were hacked April 25, 2015
- Glass a failure? Luxottica and Google may turn ‘Glassholes’ into fashion plates April 25, 2015
- Canada’s opt-in rules could change marketing as we know it April 25, 2015
- A change in Facebook’s top paid execs speaks volumes about the company’s priorities April 25, 2015
- Apple Watch teardown reveals deactivated blood oxygen sensors April 25, 2015
- The live-stream video tweet battle: Meerkat’s still fighting, but Periscope is winning April 25, 2015
- Skype for iPhone gets Apple Watch support, but no voice or video calling just yet April 25, 2015
- Plug-In hybrid HUMMERs headed for the South Pole on biodiesel April 25, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon's cost of revenue is soaring
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: February 2008
Got my first San Francisco visitor last week when Wanita stopped by before we headed off to Kauai. (OK, technically Jason and Jeff were out here earlier, but Wanita was my first house guest.) We managed to pack a lot … Continue reading
It’s been a long, fun ride. It’s hard to believe it’s been four years. I’ve been fortunate to meet a lot of great people and make some friendships that will last a long time. The last month has been hectic … Continue reading
I’ve written before about problems with the UI on ATMs, such as repeatedly asking what language you want and having you enter cents for withdrawals when no ATM I know of dispenses pennies. I ran across another problem the other … Continue reading
Yes, yes, I know. I’m behind. The new job, a coast-to-coast commute, moving and trying to maximize time with my DC friends have taken their toll on my reading and blog writing time. Photo Clues Lead to Camera’s Owner (AP) … Continue reading