I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- looks like my call on $FIT was right. 7 hours ago
- Looking forward to trying @VirginAmerica new Hawaii service ... even more so now that they'll have fast internet. 9 hours ago
- Great news for travelers: @VirginAmerica to 8-10x internet speed, allow streaming video on 10 new planes. virginamerica.com/cms/about-our-… 9 hours ago
- .@hunterwalk is an amazing interviewer 23 hours ago
- .@kevingibbon: pattern matching is overweighted in Silicon Valley. (Intvu with @hunterwalk.) amen. I know Cs and Ds who work at FB. 23 hours ago
- Twitter launches Music on Vine to help you discover and create music August 28, 2015
- How to bring users back to your app with real-time bidding tools August 28, 2015
- Google rejects ‘unfounded’ EU antitrust charges of market abuse August 27, 2015
- Branch founder Josh Miller leaves Facebook August 27, 2015
- Mirrativ is DeNA’s mobile livestreaming app — and it has potential beyond gaming August 27, 2015
- Twitch’s partner contracts will keep most livestreamers from also using YouTube Gaming August 27, 2015
- Chrome will start automatically pausing less important Flash content on September 1 August 27, 2015
- Facebook sets new record: 1 billion people on the site in a single day August 27, 2015
- Microsoft releases new Windows 10 preview for PCs with improved context menus, easier feedback sharing August 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- Donald Trump is right
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Groupon resource page
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Because manholes are round
Monthly Archives: February 2008
Got my first San Francisco visitor last week when Wanita stopped by before we headed off to Kauai. (OK, technically Jason and Jeff were out here earlier, but Wanita was my first house guest.) We managed to pack a lot … Continue reading
It’s been a long, fun ride. It’s hard to believe it’s been four years. I’ve been fortunate to meet a lot of great people and make some friendships that will last a long time. The last month has been hectic … Continue reading
I’ve written before about problems with the UI on ATMs, such as repeatedly asking what language you want and having you enter cents for withdrawals when no ATM I know of dispenses pennies. I ran across another problem the other … Continue reading
Yes, yes, I know. I’m behind. The new job, a coast-to-coast commute, moving and trying to maximize time with my DC friends have taken their toll on my reading and blog writing time. Photo Clues Lead to Camera’s Owner (AP) … Continue reading