I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Testing (really) Facebook Messenger Money. http://t.co/bV8abnMJSE 2 hours ago
- I'm up to 4 incredible products this year: @amazonecho @mypebblebee @googlephotos Apple Watch / cc @elatable 5 hours ago
- I'm loving @mypebblebee. Great way to keep track of my keys. http://t.co/FTqi6lOxZV 7 hours ago
- 1099 vs W-2 will separate the weak from the strong. 8 hours ago
- Yay, $yelp short. 12 hours ago
- Tesla says it delivered 11,500 electric cars globally from April through June July 3, 2015
- Mark Zuckerberg’s vision of the future is full of artificial intelligence, telepathy, and virtual reality July 3, 2015
- Data scientists and lawyers: A marriage made in Silicon Valley July 3, 2015
- Email is broken, it needs to die, and we’ll be sorry when it’s gone July 3, 2015
- Sony files patent for weird selfie technology that reads your facial expressions July 2, 2015
- Nintendo master designer Miyamoto doesn’t know how Sony, Oculus will sell VR to consumers July 2, 2015
- Apple just posted a video of its people at San Francisco’s Pride Parade July 2, 2015
- Amid push for diversity, Intel announces departures of president and other top execs July 2, 2015
- PSN down intermittently leading into the long weekend July 2, 2015
- Yelp temporarily decides not to pursue a sale July 2, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: February 2008
Got my first San Francisco visitor last week when Wanita stopped by before we headed off to Kauai. (OK, technically Jason and Jeff were out here earlier, but Wanita was my first house guest.) We managed to pack a lot … Continue reading
It’s been a long, fun ride. It’s hard to believe it’s been four years. I’ve been fortunate to meet a lot of great people and make some friendships that will last a long time. The last month has been hectic … Continue reading
I’ve written before about problems with the UI on ATMs, such as repeatedly asking what language you want and having you enter cents for withdrawals when no ATM I know of dispenses pennies. I ran across another problem the other … Continue reading
Yes, yes, I know. I’m behind. The new job, a coast-to-coast commute, moving and trying to maximize time with my DC friends have taken their toll on my reading and blog writing time. Photo Clues Lead to Camera’s Owner (AP) … Continue reading