I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Interesting that @zirx is trying to stem the tide of red ink in the on-demand valet business. 1 day ago
- The @tsa confiscated my pants. http://t.co/LKNH0trZd0 2 days ago
- Potential excuses: @TSA confiscated my pants; shit, i was really sleepy this morning and didn't notice; I'm on TV, this is what we wear. 3 days ago
- FWIW, that's also how I do TV appearances when I'm at a remote camera. 3 days ago
- Dare from GF: Fly to London in business on @virginatlantic class wearing this, she will pay me $500. Who would do it? http://t.co/SLBljCFosq 3 days ago
- This new Android malware looks like a classic Nintendo game July 7, 2015
- Adobe confirms Flash vulnerability found via Hacking Team leak, promises patch tomorrow July 7, 2015
- Look at all the psychedelic art people are creating with Google’s DeepDream AI code July 7, 2015
- Withings Activite smartwatches now auto-detect when you’re swimming July 7, 2015
- Apple Watch sales dive in June; 10% of households will buy a smartwatch this year July 7, 2015
- EMC sells its Syncplicity file sync and share business to private investment firm Skyview Capital July 7, 2015
- Mobile Advertising: How to kill it in the mobile ad ecosystem (webinar) July 7, 2015
- PlayStation Network is down for the third time since Friday July 7, 2015
- Facebook to open its newest data center in Fort Worth to support its global infrastructure July 7, 2015
- AVARI launches predictive email marketing solution marketers can actually use July 7, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Because manholes are round
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: November 2007
In the last week or so, I’ve seen a few of our favorite geek topics appear in pop culture. Twitter provided key clues in CSI. The Simpsons finally got Tivo. Doonesbury featured Pandora. Tuesday’s Jeopardy! had as the Final Jeopardy! … Continue reading
Pictures from my trip to Lake Tahoe and Reno are online. Highlights of the trip were Emerald Bay, Virginia City and the National Automobile Museum in Reno. The museum is really the only thing in Reno I found worthwhile. Here … Continue reading
My friends who’ve seen me walk around with a GPS as I take pictures on vacation or hikes think I’m a little bit odd. But apparently, I’m not the only one. In the 15 months since Flickr officially supported geotagging, … Continue reading
Google’s latest changes to My Maps allows you to collaborate on personal maps with others in much the same way you can share a Google Document or Spreadsheet. You can also allow anyone to edit a map. Group editing is … Continue reading
Yup, that’s an Ethernet jack above the urinal. I saw this at my friend Kieran’s pub, The Local in Minneapolis. No, I didn’t try plugging in. Here’s what the jack is really used for.