I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- ZIRX gets strategic investment from BMW, launches parking service for enterprises venturebeat.com/2015/09/02/zir… 18 hours ago
- Great comment from @joshelman on the big challenge with Twitter. producthunt.com/live/josh-elma… 19 hours ago
- Digital ordering startup @Olo launches 'Dispatch,' connecting restaurants with delivery companies video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video… (advisor) 20 hours ago
- Great advice from @joshelman on product hunt live producthunt.com/live/josh-elman 2 days ago
- RT @ReutersTech: Instagram adds features to keep up with young, messaging users reut.rs/1PJvpP8 2 days ago
- comScore: Facebook now holds the top two positions among app users in the U.S. September 4, 2015
- Libre Wireless Technologies Powers SK Telecom’s Innovative Portable Hi-Fi Audio, UO Linkage September 4, 2015
- Uber’s #UberDinner marketing stunt in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur ends in hunger September 4, 2015
- Justice Department tightens cellphone tracking rules September 4, 2015
- WhatsApp now has 900M monthly active users September 4, 2015
- Some doctors DO want your Fitbit data September 4, 2015
- Here’s a look at some of the newest Star Wars toys coming out September 4 September 4, 2015
- Mozilla pushes out first public preview of Firefox for iOS September 4, 2015
- Google Calendar is getting a new, more secure URL September 4, 2015
- Alex Gibney’s edgy Steve Jobs documentary hits theaters tomorrow, Sept. 4 (exclusive clip) September 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Monthly Archives: November 2007
In the last week or so, I’ve seen a few of our favorite geek topics appear in pop culture. Twitter provided key clues in CSI. The Simpsons finally got Tivo. Doonesbury featured Pandora. Tuesday’s Jeopardy! had as the Final Jeopardy! … Continue reading
Pictures from my trip to Lake Tahoe and Reno are online. Highlights of the trip were Emerald Bay, Virginia City and the National Automobile Museum in Reno. The museum is really the only thing in Reno I found worthwhile. Here … Continue reading
My friends who’ve seen me walk around with a GPS as I take pictures on vacation or hikes think I’m a little bit odd. But apparently, I’m not the only one. In the 15 months since Flickr officially supported geotagging, … Continue reading
Google’s latest changes to My Maps allows you to collaborate on personal maps with others in much the same way you can share a Google Document or Spreadsheet. You can also allow anyone to edit a map. Group editing is … Continue reading
Yup, that’s an Ethernet jack above the urinal. I saw this at my friend Kieran’s pub, The Local in Minneapolis. No, I didn’t try plugging in. Here’s what the jack is really used for.