I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Twitter gets more earned media than all the Super Bowl ads combined. The trick is to capitalize on it. 13 hours ago
- Pizza delivery shops should have surge pricing on super bowl Sunday to smooth demand. Peak price probably middle of second quarter. 1 day ago
- RT @danprimack: The story of @realDonaldTrump trying to take an old lady's house for his casino project washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/styl… 2 days ago
- Medicare and VA are socialized medicine. Maybe we should get rid of them. #GOPDebate 2 days ago
- And don't forget that my mom endorsed me. Please clap. #GOPDebate 2 days ago
- Twitter forms Trust and Safety Council amid concerns it has become a cesspool of hateful trolls February 9, 2016
- Amazon takes on Unity et al with Lumberyard, a free cross-platform game engine February 9, 2016
- GameTrailers shuts game video hub after 13 years February 9, 2016
- Adobe releases Flash Professional successor Animate CC February 9, 2016
- Oculus VR guru John Carmack leads crucial position-tracking development for mobile VR February 9, 2016
- Unicorn apocalypse: Has the value of mobile Internet companies peaked? February 9, 2016
- Zenefits CEO Parker Conrad resigns, COO David Sacks takes over February 9, 2016
- Why most A/B tests give you bullshit results February 9, 2016
- Verizon enlists AOL CEO to explore Yahoo deal February 8, 2016
- Firewatch is a digital release — but it’s got one of the coolest physical bonuses of any game yet February 8, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Watson vs. Google
Monthly Archives: September 2007
Two of my favorite pictures: See the complete album on flickr, including the Wright Brothers National Memorial and the North American Sandsculpting Championship in Virginia Beach. Of course, there’s a map.
One of the things I love about Facebook is that I don’t get any spam through the system. Sure, I get some friend requests from people I don’t really know and periodically get asked if I want to become a … Continue reading
In the world of blogs, email feedback and focus groups, it’s easy to think you’re getting all the feedback you need to run your business. Very few Web companies bother to meet their customers face-to-face. Two notable exceptions are Yelp … Continue reading
The New York Times announced that they’re killing the subscription requirement to access their columnists effective at midnight tonight. It’s about time. I’ve written before about the absurdity of the Times buying AdWords to promote its content while locking its … Continue reading
Sprint has released an enhanced version of its search that allows users to tap into their phone’s location when doing searches. The search feature is powered by Microsoft’s Live Search. The first time user experience isn’t exactly intuitive. When doing … Continue reading