I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The @tsa confiscated my pants. http://t.co/LKNH0trZd0 20 hours ago
- Potential excuses: @TSA confiscated my pants; shit, i was really sleepy this morning and didn't notice; I'm on TV, this is what we wear. 1 day ago
- FWIW, that's also how I do TV appearances when I'm at a remote camera. 1 day ago
- Dare from GF: Fly to London in business on @virginatlantic class wearing this, she will pay me $500. Who would do it? http://t.co/SLBljCFosq 1 day ago
- RT @RWMann: @rakeshlobster Hence the name... 1 day ago
- Coming to Minecraft: New Ender Dragon, duel wielding, Redstone for Pocket Edition, Windows 10 beta July 5, 2015
- The social CMO: How social data empowers CMOs beyond branding and buzz July 5, 2015
- Telco, device-maker, ad network alliances will make for better app discovery July 5, 2015
- Open edX: The open source learning management system for corporations and non-profits July 5, 2015
- Amazon Web Services: This generation’s Berlin Wall tear-down deflationary event July 5, 2015
- Tesla is at another crossroads July 4, 2015
- This week in the emerging Age of Touchlessness July 4, 2015
- Minecon 2015: Telltale and Mojang drop first ‘Minecraft: Story Mode’ trailer and cast details July 4, 2015
- Holidays can be hard for entrepreneurs July 4, 2015
- Apocalypse not: Investing in new media today July 4, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Why Netflix is killing it -- and what startups can learn from its success
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: September 2007
Two of my favorite pictures: See the complete album on flickr, including the Wright Brothers National Memorial and the North American Sandsculpting Championship in Virginia Beach. Of course, there’s a map.
One of the things I love about Facebook is that I don’t get any spam through the system. Sure, I get some friend requests from people I don’t really know and periodically get asked if I want to become a … Continue reading
In the world of blogs, email feedback and focus groups, it’s easy to think you’re getting all the feedback you need to run your business. Very few Web companies bother to meet their customers face-to-face. Two notable exceptions are Yelp … Continue reading
The New York Times announced that they’re killing the subscription requirement to access their columnists effective at midnight tonight. It’s about time. I’ve written before about the absurdity of the Times buying AdWords to promote its content while locking its … Continue reading
Sprint has released an enhanced version of its search that allows users to tap into their phone’s location when doing searches. The search feature is powered by Microsoft’s Live Search. The first time user experience isn’t exactly intuitive. When doing … Continue reading