I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Interesting way to drive up TPV. http://t.co/wbT9xekyq4 19 hours ago
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 2 days ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 2 days ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 3 days ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 3 days ago
- Former Sony CEO Idei hired as consultant for Chinese game developer Youzu August 2, 2015
- Resist the temptation of a brand spin-off — we learned this the hard way August 1, 2015
- Our startup got rid of email, meetings, and managers — and thrived August 1, 2015
- U.S. regulator says hacking risk may be broader than Fiat Chrysler August 1, 2015
- Data scientists to CEOs: You can’t handle the truth August 1, 2015
- $600 premium Android phones are getting harder and harder to sell August 1, 2015
- Former CEO of collapsed Mt.Gox bitcoin exchange arrested in Japan: reports August 1, 2015
- The end of app isolation: How our apps will work together to serve us better August 1, 2015
- Robots won’t fully catch on until they can see and touch like we do August 1, 2015
- 3 reasons natural-language tech has more potential than you think August 1, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon resource page
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Sam Altman will clean your house for $5
- Google and antitrust: looking at the good and bad effects of monopolies
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Daily Archives: April 22, 2007
Google made a guest appearance on The Simpsons this Sunday night, with Marge discovering the joys of the Internet. “All this time I thought Googling yourself meant the other thing.” The Springfield search engine’s results are a bit lighter and … Continue reading
Some assholes in California are stealing the HOV stickers off hybrid cars, according to the San Jose Mercury News. The stickers allow solo drivers to use the HOV lanes if they’re driving in a clean-fuel vehicle. The California DMV recently … Continue reading