I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Annoying in Kyoto: ATMs hard to find. Triply annoying: most don't take cards issued outside Japan. 7-11 ATMs a notable exception. @rdoddala 2 hours ago
- I talk to @CSaid about Black Friday and TaskRabbits. sfchronicle.com/business/artic… First time in the local paper for me? 10 hours ago
- RT @MuleSoft: Learn how to bring #FinServ into the 21st century [Whitepaper] ow.ly/D8czu #FinTech 10 hours ago
- Uber’s data-sucking Android app is dangerously close to malware | Cult of Mac cultofmac.com/304401/ubers-a… That Android allows this is also ridic 10 hours ago
- Approximate vehicle accidents caused by humans: 2 million. By mechanical defect: 44,000. (Over 2/1 year study by NHTSA.) 10 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- An apology, an explanation and a bunch of thank yous
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Because manholes are round
- Netflix throws away the disc in the US
- Occasional reader - Hulu, Tellme, slum tourism, layoffs
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Daily Archives: April 22, 2007
Google made a guest appearance on The Simpsons this Sunday night, with Marge discovering the joys of the Internet. “All this time I thought Googling yourself meant the other thing.” The Springfield search engine’s results are a bit lighter and … Continue reading
Some assholes in California are stealing the HOV stickers off hybrid cars, according to the San Jose Mercury News. The stickers allow solo drivers to use the HOV lanes if they’re driving in a clean-fuel vehicle. The California DMV recently … Continue reading