I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bye 1 week ago
- RT @TradeEconomista: Worthy reminder: Steve Jobs biological father was also a #SyrianRefugee @APPLEOFFIClAL @DisneyPixar https://t.co/2… 1 week ago
- The Marriott deal likely means another blow for @AmericanExpress. And my favorite card -- the @StarwoodBuzz AmEx will be no more. :( 1 week ago
- Marriott Buying Starwood in Deal Valued at $12.2 Billion bloomberg.com/news/articles/… FUCK. 1 week ago
- RT @Eater: In-N-Out Burger sues DoorDash for delivering burgers without its permission eater.com/2015/11/11/971… 2 weeks ago
- Japan’s Monomy wants you to design fashion accessories via smartphone November 28, 2015
- Xiaomi’s new $15 high-fidelity in-ear headphones don’t suck November 27, 2015
- Google patents a system for removing biological tissue with a laser November 27, 2015
- This Chrome extension replaces Facebook’s trending topics with any RSS feed November 27, 2015
- NSA to shut down bulk phone surveillance program by Sunday November 27, 2015
- Newegg and Neiman Marcus websites go down on Black Friday November 27, 2015
- Lenovo hopes Razer will give it an edge in gamer PCs November 27, 2015
- GamesBeat’s 2015 ‘Naughty and Nice’ alternative holiday gift guide November 27, 2015
- Here’s your Black Friday/Cyber Monday tech deals roundup, you animals November 27, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: PlayStation 4 sales pass 30 million, and the SNES turns 25 November 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Short-term, transactional thinking in a social media world
Daily Archives: April 22, 2007
Google made a guest appearance on The Simpsons this Sunday night, with Marge discovering the joys of the Internet. “All this time I thought Googling yourself meant the other thing.” The Springfield search engine’s results are a bit lighter and … Continue reading
Some assholes in California are stealing the HOV stickers off hybrid cars, according to the San Jose Mercury News. The stickers allow solo drivers to use the HOV lanes if they’re driving in a clean-fuel vehicle. The California DMV recently … Continue reading