I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- #Sundance are people using snipers to get on waitlists? Because this is ridiculous. 47 minutes ago
- Payments irony alert: @chase sapphire preferred encourages you to sign up for @visa checkout. guess which card they can't scan? #Sundance 1 hour ago
- RT @indiewire: HUGE #Sundance deal: @Netflix inks 4-pic deal with Duplass brothers! bit.ly/1CL0k7d @MarkDuplass @jayduplass http://… 1 hour ago
- You can use your credit card in Cuba starting March 1, if you have a MasterCard via @garyleff milecards.com/1588417721/you… 3 hours ago
- Fascinating to watch @uber surge pricing in a tiny area with incredible ability to pay disparity. #Sundance 6 hours ago
- Microsoft’s Revolution deal is the latest proof the company is serious about open source January 25, 2015
- When to talk to CorpDev January 24, 2015
- Sony: North Korea ate our Q3 homework January 24, 2015
- The Backed Pack: An at-home brewery, a vintage gaming system & a wireless phone charger January 24, 2015
- Amazon learns how to fail faster January 24, 2015
- California DMV abruptly backtracks on rule that Uber and Lyft drivers need commercial plates January 24, 2015
- The smartphone: The new central nervous system January 24, 2015
- If it wasn’t clear, brands on Facebook win by answering customers’ questions January 24, 2015
- Mobile game maker Animoca Brands finally goes public in Australia January 24, 2015
- What Poweliks tells us about our current state of security January 24, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Daily Archives: April 22, 2007
Google made a guest appearance on The Simpsons this Sunday night, with Marge discovering the joys of the Internet. “All this time I thought Googling yourself meant the other thing.” The Springfield search engine’s results are a bit lighter and … Continue reading
Some assholes in California are stealing the HOV stickers off hybrid cars, according to the San Jose Mercury News. The stickers allow solo drivers to use the HOV lanes if they’re driving in a clean-fuel vehicle. The California DMV recently … Continue reading