I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Is there a site that IDs the dramatizations in "based on a true story" movies? (Watched "the walk" last night; loved it.) 7 hours ago
- After GM (ignition switches) and VW (emissions) hard to trust OEMs with driverless cars. twitter.com/davidsacks/sta… 7 hours ago
- Seems @OpenTable might be using deep POS integration to generate lists of top menu items. Great stuff. http://t.co/jLFq5ugw0U 2 days ago
- RT @PaymentsDave: #PayPal busy nurturing partnerships for big play in the ever-changing commerce and omni-channel worlds ... http://t.co/IQ… 2 days ago
- LinkedIn scraper needs to be better about decimal points. twitter.com/linkedinpulse/… 2 days ago
- Bitcoin flounders in Australia as regulatory worries bite October 4, 2015
- Mattel and Google teamed up to make VR kid-friendly. They got pretty darn close October 4, 2015
- When Lean startups can be dangerous October 4, 2015
- Study: Brands that message more, sell more October 4, 2015
- How tech helped the NBA’s Golden State Warriors win a championship October 4, 2015
- How to turn a city into a startup hub October 4, 2015
- China to hasten roll-out of car charging network: Xinhua October 4, 2015
- Blizzard hopes Legacy of the Void ending will satisfy StarCraft II fans October 4, 2015
- How Uber is rewiring your customer’s brain and what you can do about it October 4, 2015
- Veep friend finder app races to 5,000 users in one week, dev says October 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Groupon resource page
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Investing in Groupon is like investing in a leaky bucket
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Daily Archives: April 22, 2007
Google made a guest appearance on The Simpsons this Sunday night, with Marge discovering the joys of the Internet. “All this time I thought Googling yourself meant the other thing.” The Springfield search engine’s results are a bit lighter and … Continue reading
Some assholes in California are stealing the HOV stickers off hybrid cars, according to the San Jose Mercury News. The stickers allow solo drivers to use the HOV lanes if they’re driving in a clean-fuel vehicle. The California DMV recently … Continue reading