I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Do I have any followers in Venice? 1 hour ago
- The @citi return protection rep asked what I was told Apple Watch would do, but it doesn't: "It doesn't make sunshine, roses and rainbows" 1 hour ago
- Why you should use @Wealthfront or @betterment instead of @chase @MorganStanley @MerrillLynch blog.agrawals.org/2015/07/01/roc… 2 hours ago
- I think I'm going to short $WU tomorrow. 14 hours ago
- RT @jonfortt: @rakeshlobster You give Facebook intimate details of your real-life connections, but the debit card's a bridge too far? 14 hours ago
- Using data to target effectively can boost mobile ad engagement as much as 50x July 2, 2015
- Netflix releases first trailer for reboot of cult hit Wet Hot American Summer July 2, 2015
- Media firms are excelling at social: Reach grows by 236% July 2, 2015
- Microsoft compares features across Windows 10 Home, Pro, Enterprise, and Education July 2, 2015
- Personalization: Everyone knows it’s important…but how do you do it well? (webinar) July 2, 2015
- Super Evil Megacorp enlists Twitch livestream broadcasters to popularize Vainglory July 2, 2015
- Microsoft details how it will upgrade users to Windows 10 July 2, 2015
- This game fights the corruption of politicians, crooks, and greedy tycoons across the globe July 2, 2015
- AdMobilize unveils its newest ‘real world analytics’ so advertisers can ‘pay-per-face’ July 2, 2015
- Dropbox could offer more free storage if users improve security on their accounts July 2, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
Daily Archives: April 22, 2007
Google made a guest appearance on The Simpsons this Sunday night, with Marge discovering the joys of the Internet. “All this time I thought Googling yourself meant the other thing.” The Springfield search engine’s results are a bit lighter and … Continue reading
Some assholes in California are stealing the HOV stickers off hybrid cars, according to the San Jose Mercury News. The stickers allow solo drivers to use the HOV lanes if they’re driving in a clean-fuel vehicle. The California DMV recently … Continue reading