I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @danprimack: The story of @realDonaldTrump trying to take an old lady's house for his casino project washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/styl… 15 hours ago
- Medicare and VA are socialized medicine. Maybe we should get rid of them. #GOPDebate 15 hours ago
- And don't forget that my mom endorsed me. Please clap. #GOPDebate 15 hours ago
- #GOPDebate Do you support the right of Muslims to own guns? 15 hours ago
- I wish I had a job where I could not show up 1/3 of the time and use that time to look for a new job. 15 hours ago
- Nine wants you to ‘meet Instagrammers through your best 9 photos’ February 7, 2016
- Twitter users decry reported plan to prioritize tweets February 7, 2016
- Red Dead Redemption is playable on Xbox One after getting backward compatibility February 6, 2016
- 6 tips for hiring and nurturing great female techies February 6, 2016
- German watchdog wants user data considered before approving Internet mergers February 6, 2016
- Guide to China’s supply chain gets endorsement from Snowden February 6, 2016
- How to be a non-consensus entrepreneur February 6, 2016
- How to avoid the next Parse-shutdown scenario February 6, 2016
- Amazon starts to care about profit margins February 6, 2016
- Those Super Bowl instant replays you’ll love run off Intel’s tech February 6, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Groupon resource page
- Best practices for April Fool's Day
Daily Archives: April 22, 2007
Google made a guest appearance on The Simpsons this Sunday night, with Marge discovering the joys of the Internet. “All this time I thought Googling yourself meant the other thing.” The Springfield search engine’s results are a bit lighter and … Continue reading
Some assholes in California are stealing the HOV stickers off hybrid cars, according to the San Jose Mercury News. The stickers allow solo drivers to use the HOV lanes if they’re driving in a clean-fuel vehicle. The California DMV recently … Continue reading