I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The two aviation geeks behind the startup Flightradar24 know where almost every flight is on.wsj.com/1WSGCCs via @WSJ 19 hours ago
- 6 things I learned from riding in a Google Self-Driving Car theoatmeal.com/blog/google_se… 20 hours ago
- Robert Reich: The sharing economy will be our undoing salon.com/2015/08/25/rob… Interesting perspective. 1 day ago
- Looking forward to trying @VirginAmerica new Hawaii service ... even more so now that they'll have fast internet. 3 days ago
- Great news for travelers: @VirginAmerica to 8-10x internet speed, allow streaming video on 10 new planes. virginamerica.com/cms/about-our-… 3 days ago
- Why I just moved from Silicon Valley to Ohio August 30, 2015
- Netflix will not renew its Epix movies deal at the end of September, continues shift towards exclusives August 30, 2015
- IoT for food and water: Here’s what the future looks like August 30, 2015
- New Apple TV will reportedly cost $149 or $199, ship with App Store and Siri in October August 30, 2015
- If you want loyalty, get a dog! Lessons from a world leader in the luxury alcohol beverage space August 30, 2015
- Europe fails on electronics recycling goals August 30, 2015
- Japan’s top-grossing mobile game Monster Strike pulled from Apple’s App Store (Update: back up) August 30, 2015
- Minecraft creator has existential meltdown on Twitter, then gets stung by a jellyfish August 30, 2015
- The next iPhone: The new features we expect to see September 9 August 30, 2015
- Ashley Madison courted several buyers, landed none before attack August 29, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: March 2007
Google revamped its mobile search offering, simplifying the search process. Before, you had to enter a search term and then select which index they wanted to search: Web, mobile, local or images. Now you can type in a search term … Continue reading
Google is offering flight status information via SMS. Just send your flight number (e.g. UA 484) to GOOGLE (466453) and you get a return message with flight departure and arrival times, gate information and the airline’s phone number. (With most … Continue reading
A terrific presentation from Andrew Tomkins of Yahoo! Research at ICWSM today. He mentioned Yahoo’s Taglines – another way of visualizing flickr data. Flickr photos and the top tags for each day float by. (It gets better if you start … Continue reading
Today’s WSJ has a story that vividly illustrates the tradeoffs that technology can offer between privacy and security (subscription required). The story explores how the increased data that cars collect can be used: That data could be crucial to guiding … Continue reading
I’m in Vail over the weekend and then Boulder for the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media. If you’re around, message me.