I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Amazing that in 2015, @united can lose a reservation with no record at all. 2 hours ago
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership searchengineland.com/everything-nee… 3 hours ago
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 22 hours ago
- Crowd sourcing: what to do a on a coooooold Saturday in NYC? 1 day ago
- Huge congratulations to @skrenta and @glindahl on @blemish joining IBM Watson. Fantastic team. 1 day ago
- How Microsoft should woo Android and iOS developers to build Windows 10 apps March 29, 2015
- Why data breaches need their own Richter scale March 29, 2015
- The next multibillion dollar tech trend from Asia: E-sports March 29, 2015
- Watch out! All that Meerkating and Periscoping could slam your mobile data limits March 29, 2015
- Boeing has patented a ‘Star Wars’-style force field March 29, 2015
- A 4-inch iPhone 6 would be welcomed by many users (but will Apple deliver?) March 28, 2015
- The five most ignorant media myths about electric cars March 28, 2015
- The Backed Pack: A security sensor, an all-in-one charger, & a smart messenger bag March 28, 2015
- Social-good gaming will only reach its potential when women do too March 28, 2015
- Employment attorneys differ on the legacy of Ellen Pao case March 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon's cost of revenue is soaring
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Monthly Archives: March 2007
Google revamped its mobile search offering, simplifying the search process. Before, you had to enter a search term and then select which index they wanted to search: Web, mobile, local or images. Now you can type in a search term … Continue reading
Google is offering flight status information via SMS. Just send your flight number (e.g. UA 484) to GOOGLE (466453) and you get a return message with flight departure and arrival times, gate information and the airline’s phone number. (With most … Continue reading
A terrific presentation from Andrew Tomkins of Yahoo! Research at ICWSM today. He mentioned Yahoo’s Taglines – another way of visualizing flickr data. Flickr photos and the top tags for each day float by. (It gets better if you start … Continue reading
Today’s WSJ has a story that vividly illustrates the tradeoffs that technology can offer between privacy and security (subscription required). The story explores how the increased data that cars collect can be used: That data could be crucial to guiding … Continue reading
I’m in Vail over the weekend and then Boulder for the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media. If you’re around, message me.