I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Great response from @finkd to @pmarca and @BenedictEvans. facebook.com/zuck/posts/101… Would love to see @sundarpichai weigh in here. 17 hours ago
- RT @usatodaytech: Twitter tries to reassure on MAUs: They’re already returning to Q3 levels $TWTR usatoday.com/story/tech/new… 19 hours ago
- RT @maxrogo: @rakeshlobster "The often cited "10x" revenue multiple just simply isn't a rule anymore." When was that ever an actual rule? .… 19 hours ago
- Great stuff here. Revenue multiples are falling and still massive differences between public and private valuations. twitter.com/mvellank/statu… 19 hours ago
- A public Twitter run by the postal service? Uh huh. One of the dumbest ideas I've read. nymag.com/following/2016… 20 hours ago
- Call for Speakers now open for MobileBeat 2016 February 11, 2016
- Dun & Bradstreet CMO shares insights on identity data — and using it to boost revenue (webinar) February 11, 2016
- Google’s U.K. tax grilling was more a way to vent public anger than to reach a greater truth February 11, 2016
- Total War Battles: Kingdom takes epic war strategy franchise to free-to-play mobile February 11, 2016
- 2016 NowSecure Mobile Security Report Reveals That 25 Percent of Mobile Apps Include at Least One High Risk Security Flaw February 11, 2016
- Chukong spins out Cocos2d-x game engine and services as a separate company February 11, 2016
- The eyes have it: Eyefluence may have the answer to navigating AR/VR February 11, 2016
- Call of Duty and Dreamworks vets jump on the VR bandwagon February 11, 2016
- China’s Locojoy partners with Taptica to drive downloads of new game February 11, 2016
- Boosting organic downloads: ASO in 4 simple steps February 11, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Technology's effects on our language
- Old gnews is bad gnews for United Airlines
- More bad news for newspapers: hotels going green
- Social media and the new world of work -- my take
Monthly Archives: March 2007
Google revamped its mobile search offering, simplifying the search process. Before, you had to enter a search term and then select which index they wanted to search: Web, mobile, local or images. Now you can type in a search term … Continue reading
Google is offering flight status information via SMS. Just send your flight number (e.g. UA 484) to GOOGLE (466453) and you get a return message with flight departure and arrival times, gate information and the airline’s phone number. (With most … Continue reading
A terrific presentation from Andrew Tomkins of Yahoo! Research at ICWSM today. He mentioned Yahoo’s Taglines – another way of visualizing flickr data. Flickr photos and the top tags for each day float by. (It gets better if you start … Continue reading
Today’s WSJ has a story that vividly illustrates the tradeoffs that technology can offer between privacy and security (subscription required). The story explores how the increased data that cars collect can be used: That data could be crucial to guiding … Continue reading
I’m in Vail over the weekend and then Boulder for the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media. If you’re around, message me.