I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The @tsa confiscated my pants. http://t.co/LKNH0trZd0 17 hours ago
- Potential excuses: @TSA confiscated my pants; shit, i was really sleepy this morning and didn't notice; I'm on TV, this is what we wear. 1 day ago
- FWIW, that's also how I do TV appearances when I'm at a remote camera. 1 day ago
- Dare from GF: Fly to London in business on @virginatlantic class wearing this, she will pay me $500. Who would do it? http://t.co/SLBljCFosq 1 day ago
- RT @RWMann: @rakeshlobster Hence the name... 1 day ago
- Amazon Web Services: This generation’s Berlin Wall tear-down deflationary event July 5, 2015
- Tesla is at another crossroads July 4, 2015
- This week in the emerging Age of Touchlessness July 4, 2015
- Minecon 2015: Telltale and Mojang drop first ‘Minecraft: Story Mode’ trailer and cast details July 4, 2015
- Holidays can be hard for entrepreneurs July 4, 2015
- Apocalypse not: Investing in new media today July 4, 2015
- A Palo Alto company is trying to sue anonymous Yelp trolls for millions of dollars July 4, 2015
- Ad buyers: Manage waste before you worry about impact July 4, 2015
- Autoplay shouldn’t rule online video July 4, 2015
- AOL to manage Microsoft ads: Why increased consolidation is good news July 3, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Why Netflix is killing it -- and what startups can learn from its success
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: March 2007
Google revamped its mobile search offering, simplifying the search process. Before, you had to enter a search term and then select which index they wanted to search: Web, mobile, local or images. Now you can type in a search term … Continue reading
Google is offering flight status information via SMS. Just send your flight number (e.g. UA 484) to GOOGLE (466453) and you get a return message with flight departure and arrival times, gate information and the airline’s phone number. (With most … Continue reading
A terrific presentation from Andrew Tomkins of Yahoo! Research at ICWSM today. He mentioned Yahoo’s Taglines – another way of visualizing flickr data. Flickr photos and the top tags for each day float by. (It gets better if you start … Continue reading
Today’s WSJ has a story that vividly illustrates the tradeoffs that technology can offer between privacy and security (subscription required). The story explores how the increased data that cars collect can be used: That data could be crucial to guiding … Continue reading
I’m in Vail over the weekend and then Boulder for the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media. If you’re around, message me.