I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- How soon until @lyft or @uber start paying us to take rides? http://t.co/iUecnRSMWr 1 hour ago
- If only I had a face computer with a blink activated camera shutter, skiing would be much nicer. 2 hours ago
- Credit card pet peeve: email notifications that don't indicate auto-pay activation status. Cc @Discover 7 hours ago
- Google's mvno strategy is unlikely to make a meaningful difference in US wireless market. @Amir 7 hours ago
- Think your wireless carrier provides terrible customer service? Imagine what Google wireless will do. theinformation.com/Google-s-Next-… 9 hours ago
- With innovators from around the globe digging in, moon travel may be only 20 years away January 27, 2015
- These 7 weed startups are the toke of the town January 27, 2015
- Minecraft is building blocky stacks of cash for Microsoft January 26, 2015
- Apple to report strong earnings on record iPhone sales tomorrow January 26, 2015
- A non-jerk’s guide to being lazy during the blizzard January 26, 2015
- Dropbox acquires Pixelapse, a version-control and collaboration tool for designers January 26, 2015
- Mobile app analytics showdown — what the best app publishers are using (webinar) January 26, 2015
- Microsoft shipped — but didn’t sell — 6.6M Xboxes during its fiscal Q2 January 26, 2015
- More than 9.2M people now subscribe to Microsoft Office 365, up 30% since October January 26, 2015
- Microsoft sees Surface revenue jump to $1.1B in Q2 2015, sells record 10.5M Lumia smartphones January 26, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Google Offers merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
Monthly Archives: March 2007
Google revamped its mobile search offering, simplifying the search process. Before, you had to enter a search term and then select which index they wanted to search: Web, mobile, local or images. Now you can type in a search term … Continue reading
Google is offering flight status information via SMS. Just send your flight number (e.g. UA 484) to GOOGLE (466453) and you get a return message with flight departure and arrival times, gate information and the airline’s phone number. (With most … Continue reading
A terrific presentation from Andrew Tomkins of Yahoo! Research at ICWSM today. He mentioned Yahoo’s Taglines – another way of visualizing flickr data. Flickr photos and the top tags for each day float by. (It gets better if you start … Continue reading
Today’s WSJ has a story that vividly illustrates the tradeoffs that technology can offer between privacy and security (subscription required). The story explores how the increased data that cars collect can be used: That data could be crucial to guiding … Continue reading
I’m in Vail over the weekend and then Boulder for the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media. If you’re around, message me.