I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Uber’s transportation revolution is part of something much bigger- redesign | mobile redesignmobile.com/2015/04/29/red… 2 days ago
- RT @redesignmobile: Excited to announce the launch of @redesignmobile redesignmobile.com The nature of work is changing and we will hel… 4 days ago
- LIVE on #Periscope: AMA about redesignmobile periscope.tv/w/VyJ6FzU4NDM5… 4 days ago
- RT @bornonjuly4: Congrats @rakeshlobster for your successful launch of @redesignmobile cc @cherian_abraham 4 days ago
- Live transit info on Apple watch is fantastic use case. http://t.co/k1VJu5bZBM 5 days ago
- Facebook launches Internet.org as a platform for developers in response to ‘net neutrality’ criticism May 4, 2015
- Gameit scores $1.6M to turn mobile ads into a game-playing marketplace May 4, 2015
- Outreach nabs $2M so sales people can get ‘super powers’ May 4, 2015
- Why most electric car drivers don’t have to pay to refuel at public stations May 3, 2015
- Meerkat for iOS now lets you publish livestreams to Facebook and links to your phone contacts May 3, 2015
- The Backed Pack: A smart home system, a flexible fun camera, & a solar-powered grill May 3, 2015
- Apple’s next iPad may be NFC-enabled with a 12.9-inch display, report says May 3, 2015
- 4 market categories with great brand-building opportunities May 3, 2015
- Where are the text analytics unicorns? May 3, 2015
- It’s all about personality: Bringing out humanity in robots May 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon resource page
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: February 2007
I picked up a copy of The Wall Street Journal on Saturday and did something I hadn’t done in many years – look at the stock tables. I’d been on vacation for a week without my laptop and I wanted … Continue reading
While I’m traveling, I don’t have much time to write. But I’m still doing a lot of reading. I have a selection of the “best of” from my readings, chosen specifically for readers of this blog. You can find it … Continue reading