I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The regulatory times are a changin'. As SV disrupts more, regulators are getting more interested sooner. mashable.com/2016/02/10/sil… 15 hours ago
- Chase Re-Ups Amazon: the High Water Mark for Co-Brand Credit Card Deals? By @garyleff viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/02/12/450… 15 hours ago
- RT @trengriffin: People who try to explain market price changes by naming a single factor crack me up. mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKC… Markets are … 1 day ago
- RT @Techmeme: PayPal launches Commerce, a toolkit for integrating buy buttons into apps, in closed beta techcrunch.com/2016/02/11/pay… https://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @rdoddala: Facebook wants what twitter's got and twitter wants what facebook's got! https://t.co/hPerpfpgSw 1 day ago
- DevOps and the Enterprise: Podcast with Automic CTO John Purrier February 13, 2016
- Apple is replacing MacBook charging cables due to a ‘design issue’ February 13, 2016
- Personalize or die: the secret to increasing email open rates, clicks — and revenue (webinar) February 12, 2016
- I tried binge-watching YouTube Red’s first 3 original movies — and failed February 12, 2016
- Telegram just made it easier to send and receive secure voice messages February 12, 2016
- Pikachu zaps Schwarzenegger: Pokémon’s Super Bowl ad beat Mobile Strike’s February 12, 2016
- Slack now has 2.3 million daily active users, 675,000 paid seats, and 280 apps in its directory February 12, 2016
- Facebook India head steps down in wake of ‘Free Basics’ debacle February 12, 2016
- This app turns your Android phone into an earthquake sensor February 12, 2016
- Inside Amazon’s decision to make a video game engine February 12, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Look at the logo Google News puts next to Groupon
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- What's wrong with journalism today, part 1
Monthly Archives: February 2007
I picked up a copy of The Wall Street Journal on Saturday and did something I hadn’t done in many years – look at the stock tables. I’d been on vacation for a week without my laptop and I wanted … Continue reading
While I’m traveling, I don’t have much time to write. But I’m still doing a lot of reading. I have a selection of the “best of” from my readings, chosen specifically for readers of this blog. You can find it … Continue reading