I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- A reminder that your Instagram photos aren’t really yours: Someone else can sell them for $90,000 washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-bl… 1 day ago
- It's amazing how quickly @Bankoff took a sports blogging network and turned it into a media powerhouse. 1 day ago
- Congratulations to @karaswisher and @Bankoff. A great combination. 1 day ago
- Landlord just hit me with a 22% rent increase. #lifeinSF #talkrent 1 day ago
- Simple and very useful @Target watch feature. http://t.co/VhbiqeYkYL 5 days ago
- Why accurate targeting can make or break mobile app monetization May 28, 2015
- Tiggly helps preschoolers build words by mashing letter toys with iPad games May 28, 2015
- Amid disability lawsuits, Uber launches features for deaf drivers May 28, 2015
- Watch the Google I/O 2015 keynote live right here May 28, 2015
- IDC projects global sales of tablets and hybrids to fall 3.8 percent in 2015 May 28, 2015
- Google brings unified search to Google Calendar and Google Drive on the Web May 28, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place May 28, 2015
- South Korean gaming giant NCSoft expands into key Western PC and mobile markets May 28, 2015
- A female first: EA adds women’s national teams to FIFA 16 soccer game May 28, 2015
- Batman: Arkham Knight makes Gotham feel more like a city and less like a playground May 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Watson vs. Google
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Monthly Archives: February 2007
I picked up a copy of The Wall Street Journal on Saturday and did something I hadn’t done in many years – look at the stock tables. I’d been on vacation for a week without my laptop and I wanted … Continue reading
While I’m traveling, I don’t have much time to write. But I’m still doing a lot of reading. I have a selection of the “best of” from my readings, chosen specifically for readers of this blog. You can find it … Continue reading