I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 3 hours ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 5 hours ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 1 day ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 1 day ago
- Yelp shares plunge 28% after earnings loss cnbc.com/2015/07/28/yel… 1 day ago
- Agile marketing in the age of the customer (webinar) July 31, 2015
- Facebook’s video ads will kick off a new breed of video networks July 31, 2015
- Researcher says he can hack GM’s OnStar app, open vehicle, start engine July 31, 2015
- If you want loyalty, get a dog! Lessons from a world leader in the luxury alcohol beverage space July 30, 2015
- Google releases Android Studio 1.3 with a new memory profiler, editing and debugging support for C++ July 30, 2015
- Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft for making it harder to keep previous settings when upgrading to Windows 10 July 30, 2015
- Electronic Arts smashes analyst expectations with strong Q1 2016 earnings July 30, 2015
- Windows 10 gets four new games from Game Insight July 30, 2015
- Hands-on with Yahoo’s new, awkward, ahead-of-its-time silent video-text hybrid, Livetext July 30, 2015
- Apple will reportedly debut a new Apple TV in September, subscription TV coming later July 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
Monthly Archives: February 2007
I picked up a copy of The Wall Street Journal on Saturday and did something I hadn’t done in many years – look at the stock tables. I’d been on vacation for a week without my laptop and I wanted … Continue reading
While I’m traveling, I don’t have much time to write. But I’m still doing a lot of reading. I have a selection of the “best of” from my readings, chosen specifically for readers of this blog. You can find it … Continue reading