I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Kind of cool being able to use my iPhone to open door at @WHotels. http://t.co/kRZjhhWuJL 1 hour ago
- Early adopter distortion: I'm following more on periscope than are following me. Vastly different from twitter ratio. 2 hours ago
- When you use Google Maps they now pull up info derived from your email. In this case, hotel reservation info. http://t.co/RoxLu4JJtq 2 hours ago
- If you are headed to nyc this weekend, there are some spectacular rates in @HotelTonight 2 hours ago
- Apologies for short AMA. Amtrak DC-NYC has lots of coverage gaps on TMo 3 hours ago
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place March 26, 2015
- Microsoft acquires and shutters PowerPoint collaboration startup LiveLoop (confirmed) March 26, 2015
- With Alibaba shares spun off, Yahoo shifts focus to its own stock price March 26, 2015
- Purdue scientists say that a virtual nose may keep motion sickness at bay (update) March 26, 2015
- Sunrun’s journey shows that there is rarely a straight line to success March 26, 2015
- MomentCam, with 200M downloads, wins Facebook’s first Fb Start mobile app contest March 26, 2015
- Net-Results’ new email builder puts responsive design first March 26, 2015
- No, Facebook did not say the Oculus Rift will arrive this year March 26, 2015
- Celebrity app deathmatch: Meerkat vs. Periscope March 26, 2015
- Slack’s new funding round could value the company at $2.8B March 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- My technology adoption history
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Sam Altman will clean your house for $5
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: February 2007
I picked up a copy of The Wall Street Journal on Saturday and did something I hadn’t done in many years – look at the stock tables. I’d been on vacation for a week without my laptop and I wanted … Continue reading
While I’m traveling, I don’t have much time to write. But I’m still doing a lot of reading. I have a selection of the “best of” from my readings, chosen specifically for readers of this blog. You can find it … Continue reading