I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The disgusting people at Hofstra put a fan just at my podium and blew pollen in my face. RIGGED! Sad. (Sniffle) google.com/amp/mobile.nyt… 51 minutes ago
- Bad ear piece (@jaketapper / David Duke), bad mic (last night's pounding) Clearly tech is out to get @realDonaldTrump 4 hours ago
- Facebook Was Ordered to Stop Collecting WhatsApp User Data in Germany fortune.com/2016/09/27/fac… 6 hours ago
- Because pricing isn't complicated enough. If it works, though, will create lock in. uber.com/info/plus/sanf… 6 hours ago
- You don't have to replicate FedEx/UPS. Cherry-pick most profitable. Leave UPS with one guy 50 miles away on farm. wsj.com/articles/amazo… 6 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- My great Groupon customer service experience
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Category Archives: wireless data
Location-based services have been hampered by the balkanization of carrier networks and a focus on mobile-only implementations. LocPoke, a new Facebook application, is a promising alternative. I’ve written before about WHERE, a location service platform that has offered GPS-based location … Continue reading
Sprint has released an enhanced version of its search that allows users to tap into their phone’s location when doing searches. The search feature is powered by Microsoft’s Live Search. The first time user experience isn’t exactly intuitive. When doing … Continue reading
AOL today released its new beta of mobile search. Congratulations to rockstar developer Alan Tai and product manager Farhan Memon. Alan did much of the initial prototyping on his own time while we worked to get approval. I pushed the … Continue reading