I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Ticketing pet peeves: 1) being forced to print tickets 2) being forced to print the T&C and promo crap 4 times. Just do multiple barcodes. 59 minutes ago
- Campaign ad with just the white supremacists @realdonaldtrump retweeted would be powerful. dailykos.com/story/2016/8/2… 6 hours ago
- I haven't tried it yet. The few people I video chat with are on FaceTime. I'd have to convince them to switch. digit.in/apps/google-du… 6 hours ago
- RT @skupor: Obama proposes new rules to allow immigrant founders to stay in US washingtonpost.com/news/innovatio… 6 hours ago
- Which term is more offensive? 8 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Technology's effects on our language
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- A wow experience from United Airlines. Wow.
- Sam Altman will clean your house for $5
Category Archives: wireless data
Location-based services have been hampered by the balkanization of carrier networks and a focus on mobile-only implementations. LocPoke, a new Facebook application, is a promising alternative. I’ve written before about WHERE, a location service platform that has offered GPS-based location … Continue reading
Sprint has released an enhanced version of its search that allows users to tap into their phone’s location when doing searches. The search feature is powered by Microsoft’s Live Search. The first time user experience isn’t exactly intuitive. When doing … Continue reading
AOL today released its new beta of mobile search. Congratulations to rockstar developer Alan Tai and product manager Farhan Memon. Alan did much of the initial prototyping on his own time while we worked to get approval. I pushed the … Continue reading