I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Can you imagine the shitshow from the right if Putin said this about Obama? reuters.com/article/us-rus… 1 day ago
- Great story about how family behind so much art and science (Sackler) philanthropy made their money from Oxy. esquire.com/news-politics/… 1 day ago
- Apparently iOS has a bug where URL is duplicated when tweeting. apple.news/AOe8r5wHhSvKat… twitter.com/robpegoraro/st… 2 days ago
- “Always” and “never” are easy to disprove if you are lying. apple.news/AOe8r5wHhSvKat… 2 days ago
- I’m sure @Fahrenthold will be watching the disbursements of the trump foundation for this. apple.news/Ay-Pi-8e7Q5qLh… 2 days ago
- Donald Trump is right
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Hulu might just make it after all
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Best practices for April Fool's Day
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: wikipedia
Last week we saw that Steve Jobs died. The week before, we learned that Barack Obama chose Chet Edwards to be his running mate. Both were the results of slips by news organizations. Bloomberg prematurely put Jobs’ obituary across the … Continue reading
In journalism school, you’re taught that newspapers are the first draft of history. Today it’s common for news outlets to scoop themselves on their Web sites. But even that may not be fast enough when news breaks. Lost Remote reports … Continue reading
WIRED has a story about companies rewriting their history on Wikipedia. The story is based on Wikipedia Scanner, a tool from Cal Tech grad student Virgil Griffith that allows you to look up anonymous Wikipedia edits from a specific company’s … Continue reading
The Wall Street Journal has some interesting comparisons that highlight Wikipedia’s skew toward pop culture. Additional comparisons are in the story, along with a trivia quiz.
Mahalo launched yesterday to much fanfare. The reference tool comes from Jason Calacanis, the entrepreneur behind Weblogs, Inc. and the founder of the Silicon Alley Reporter. Billed as “the world’s first human-powered search engine”, Mahalo is a cross between Wikipedia … Continue reading