I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Add @SteveCase to the list of billionaires supporting Clinton. washingtonpost.com/opinions/steve… 11 hours ago
- 100% NYT and WaPo wouldn't get death threats if they endorsed Trump. His supporters are unhinged. 12news.com/mb/news/local/… 11 hours ago
- Blackberry and Nokia lost because they focused on wrong buyer. (IT manager and carrier). Apple focused on consumer. businessinsider.com/apple-ceo-tim-… 14 hours ago
- Do any of current media streamers show you your own pictures in 4K? 15 hours ago
- News organizations do the country a disservice by doing online polls about important topics. dailydot.com/layer8/trump-c… 15 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Packaged pani puri as progress
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- New bet with Felix Salmon of Reuters
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
- Can you understand me now?
Category Archives: web 2.0
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
You’ve got a competitor with deep pockets, huge brand recognition and a lot of traffic that is interested in your content. What do you do? Here are two very different approaches: GateHouse Media is suing The New York Times Co., … Continue reading
I’ve long advocated that news organizations geotag the news. But I’ve been skeptical of automated systems for doing this. Google News recently provided a terrific example of what can happen when you use entity extraction for such a task: In … Continue reading