I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I can’t remember last time I saw a Taco Bell with an actual bell in it. (And, no, I didn’t come to Santa Barbara an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Buy the two pack of the Sonos one instead of HomePod. Fun find in downtown Santa Barbara. No retail though. https://t.co/5teWsTjhWq 3 hours ago
- Is there a better example of regulatory capture than the firearms industry in the US? 3 hours ago
- Another artifact of history. I’m tempted to get a card catalog cabinet for the house. Don’t know what I’d use it fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- If trump ever has a presser again, two questions: do you support the right of Muslims to own guns? Do you support t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Donald Trump is right
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Watson vs. Google
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Deep dish pizza near O'Hare - result found
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Why running a Groupon can destroy your Yelp ratings
- Tracking the trackers
February 2018 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Category Archives: web 2.0
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
You’ve got a competitor with deep pockets, huge brand recognition and a lot of traffic that is interested in your content. What do you do? Here are two very different approaches: GateHouse Media is suing The New York Times Co., … Continue reading
I’ve long advocated that news organizations geotag the news. But I’ve been skeptical of automated systems for doing this. Google News recently provided a terrific example of what can happen when you use entity extraction for such a task: In … Continue reading