I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Me too. But app providers don't want to create a zillion apps. Need standard UI hooks for info, FF, rewind, CC, etc… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 37 minutes ago
- Best case, you're allowed to swallow competitors. CO-UA, AA-US, DL-NW seem to all have worked out. twitter.com/rdoddala/statu… 22 hours ago
- My 4K TV has built in Netflix, Vudu, Amazon, etc. And it does 4k. So far, most apps don't translate well to Apple T… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 22 hours ago
- Tech M&A usually bad for acquirers. Acquirees make out. As do execs like Bewkes. usatoday.com/story/tech/col… 22 hours ago
- The whole streamer and TV app business is a ridiculous mess, including different UIs for each "channel." Plus highly varied content licenses 22 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Technology's effects on our language
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- How not to design an ATM
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
October 2016 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: web 2
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading