I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I expected @espn demos to be predominately male. But not 94% male. espn.com/mediakit/resea… 1 hour ago
- Never underestimate the Internet's desire to buy $1 for 75 cents. blog.onradpad.com/an-update-on-o… 5 hours ago
- This will be a huge improvement. Having old-style toll booths when you have all-electronic tolling makes no sense. sfexaminer.com/golden-gate-br… 5 hours ago
- Interesting payments strategy by @Kohls. Make credits card as flimsy and sticky as possible - much easier to lose. https://t.co/pYIjspFWcQ 9 hours ago
- Even something as minor as a dealer mistyping mileage on a service order can get your car seriously dinged by @CarfaxReports 1 day ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Category Archives: web 2
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading