I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Truth. @rep_hunter: if @realDonaldTrump had a rally to reach out to African Americans in inner city, only about 5 people would show up. 30 minutes ago
- Mylan is the third-party payer problem in a nutshell. nyti.ms/2bHgsDb 39 minutes ago
- Great read. Nerds are having the last laugh. Larry Page was not the popular kid in my graduating class (nor was I.) medium.com/@thatdavidhopk… 56 minutes ago
- If elected, Trump promises to run the country using Twitter polls. washingtonpost.com/news/post-poli… 9 hours ago
- I'd be shocked if labels allow song-on-demand for $5 a month. twitter.com/recode/status/… 9 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Technology's effects on our language
- How not to design an ATM
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Why Netflix is killing it -- and what startups can learn from its success
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Starting cars for dummies
Category Archives: media
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading
This picture should send shivers down the spines of executives at USA Today headquarters in McLean, Va. For at least as long as I’ve been traveling for business (13 years and counting), a USA Today in front of the hotel … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
I recently wrote 10 reasons why hulu is better than a DVR. Here are six advantages that DVRs have over hulu. You get higher quality video. If you have an HD source, chances are the video quality on your DVR … Continue reading