I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Companies only pretend to be nice when someone is looking over their shoulder. finance.yahoo.com/news/big-cable… 1 day ago
- Great stuff gothamgal.com/2017/06/12721-… 1 day ago
- "I see you want to waste $185. Can I help you do that?" https://t.co/61kcxRBWnE 2 days ago
- From the "no shit" department. Google had to research to find that the most technically adept not necc best mgrs? inc.com/michael-schnei… 2 days ago
- Different between tech and telco. Expect Verizon's interests to rule over Yahoo!'s. trib.al/uili7Uo 2 days ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon's tricky S-1 math
- Google Maps adds traffic time estimates
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Algorithms versus car dealers
- Because manholes are round
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
June 2017 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: media
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading
This picture should send shivers down the spines of executives at USA Today headquarters in McLean, Va. For at least as long as I’ve been traveling for business (13 years and counting), a USA Today in front of the hotel … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
I recently wrote 10 reasons why hulu is better than a DVR. Here are six advantages that DVRs have over hulu. You get higher quality video. If you have an HD source, chances are the video quality on your DVR … Continue reading