I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I definitely trust Google Pay more than anything from a bank, especially a consortium of them.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Interesting move. So much you can do with connected cars. apple.news/Ags_pPZSsSpqbj… 8 hours ago
- Nice ad targeting from T-Mobile. (That’s an AT&T store underneath the billboard.) https://t.co/hEuUJGFH63 22 hours ago
- It looks like @WaffleHouse went to the @united school of crisis management instead of the @Starbucks one. apple.news/AjZ0kjNYJQSO70… 23 hours ago
- Solving a problem no one has. pymnts.com/news/payment-m… 1 day ago
- How technology chips away at jobs
- How to turn on the innovation light bulb
- Autonomous vehicles are going to change the world in more ways than you know
- Protected: Personal post
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Because manholes are round
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- e-Vic - Personalization that works
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don't want it? Get your money back
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
April 2018 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: media
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading
This picture should send shivers down the spines of executives at USA Today headquarters in McLean, Va. For at least as long as I’ve been traveling for business (13 years and counting), a USA Today in front of the hotel … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
I recently wrote 10 reasons why hulu is better than a DVR. Here are six advantages that DVRs have over hulu. You get higher quality video. If you have an HD source, chances are the video quality on your DVR … Continue reading