I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bad ear piece (@jaketapper / David Duke), bad mic (last night's pounding) Clearly tech is out to get @realDonaldTrump 2 hours ago
- Facebook Was Ordered to Stop Collecting WhatsApp User Data in Germany fortune.com/2016/09/27/fac… 4 hours ago
- Because pricing isn't complicated enough. If it works, though, will create lock in. uber.com/info/plus/sanf… 4 hours ago
- You don't have to replicate FedEx/UPS. Cherry-pick most profitable. Leave UPS with one guy 50 miles away on farm. wsj.com/articles/amazo… 5 hours ago
- Really been loving my experience with @mealpal. Subscription lunch service in various markets. $6/lunch… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 7 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- My great Groupon customer service experience
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Category Archives: foursquare
With Mike Dudas: Foursquare will have a Slide-like exit. Winner gets dinner at the place of his choosing. Slide was purchased by Google for $182 million, a come down from the $500 million valuation at the last round. Because we … Continue reading
Today, Google announced its acquisition of Zagat, the company that publishes the venerable restaurant and hotel review guides. It’s a terrific acquisition. If Google executes correctly, this deal could be as significant as the YouTube deal has been. (I was … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading