I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Even something as minor as a dealer mistyping mileage on a service order can get your car seriously dinged by @CarfaxReports 16 hours ago
- .@CarfaxReports is a terrible company. It has more errors than credit reports. And there is no FCRA to get them to fix it. 17 hours ago
- Watching Pence try to dance around this was hilarious. If trump loses, @mike_pence doomed? Or another Fox pundit? google.com/amp/www.nydail… 19 hours ago
- Yup. All the issues we learned in 60s and 70s with redlining, lodging discrimination, etc. are re-surfacing. twitter.com/rdoddala/statu… 20 hours ago
- Really terrific to see @nextdoor and @niravtolia acting on this. Racism (subtle or not) exists everywhere. fusion.net/story/340171/h… 20 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
Category Archives: foursquare
With Mike Dudas: Foursquare will have a Slide-like exit. Winner gets dinner at the place of his choosing. Slide was purchased by Google for $182 million, a come down from the $500 million valuation at the last round. Because we … Continue reading
Today, Google announced its acquisition of Zagat, the company that publishes the venerable restaurant and hotel review guides. It’s a terrific acquisition. If Google executes correctly, this deal could be as significant as the YouTube deal has been. (I was … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading