I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Siri seems to be excited when it is raining. California sensibility programmed last year? 3 hours ago
- Is there a trick to getting the taps to register on AirPods? High fail rate for me. 3 hours ago
- Amazing how badly Google has bungled social. Especially when you consider most other networks built on Gmail's back. techcrunch.com/2017/03/24/the… 16 hours ago
- Man, the bullshit on this story... the key is that they were non-revs. nytimes.com/2017/03/26/us/… 16 hours ago
- Comcast bundling Netflix on top of their pipe? Can someone check the temperature in hell? https://t.co/nkeza6onRc 17 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Because manholes are round
- Technology's effects on our language
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- About Rakesh Agrawal
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Join me an Jon Sterling tomorrow, March 1 at 11 a.m. in Union Square. We’ll be walking from Union Square to Coit Tower and back. Rain or shine. Please tweet at me so we know to expect you. No fitbit … Continue reading
I get this question a lot — “Where does rakeshlobster come from?” I was drinking with a bunch of friends at a bar in Milwaukee (I think it was the Safe House) when the B-52’s song “Rock Lobster” came on. … Continue reading
Although I’ve strongly criticized Yelp‘s business model in recent weeks, Yelp is an incredibly important platform for small businesses to be aware of and engage with. And unlike Groupon, which has almost no redeeming value, Yelp has created a valuable consumer … Continue reading
This is a Yelp advertiser agreement that I received from a source. I’ve removed elements that might identify the source or the salesperson. ADVERTISING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AD IMPRESSIONS PROGRAM AND ENHANCED PROFILE PROGRAM These Advertising Terms and Conditions (the … Continue reading
I had so much fun the last time I organized an ad hoc breakfast. I met some interesting people. The next breakfast will be in San Francisco at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, February 17. If you’re interested in attending, email … Continue reading
In the short-term, much of Facebook’s user growth will come from international markets. Unfortunately, that’s not where the money is. Based on my analysis of Facebook’s S-1, Facebook generated $13.99 in revenue for each U.S. user and $2.81 for foreign … Continue reading