I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- As long as you bring in the ratings... capitalism at work. twitter.com/brianstelter/s… 1 hour ago
- % of things I have saved on pocket or Facebook that I’ve ever gone back and read: 0. twitter.com/qz/status/9220… 1 hour ago
- RT @BillKristol: In addition to Trump enthusiasts and rationalizers, there are those who look on with distaste but without objecting. They… 1 hour ago
- Change algorithm, downweight organic, rake in revenue. twitter.com/mathewi/status… 12 hours ago
- RT @Marketplace: Nearly half of breadwinners in this country are women, so why are they all-but-shut-out of such a lucrative field? https:/… 12 hours ago
- Donald Trump is right
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- Rocky's travel secrets for your flights home
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Join me an Jon Sterling tomorrow, March 1 at 11 a.m. in Union Square. We’ll be walking from Union Square to Coit Tower and back. Rain or shine. Please tweet at me so we know to expect you. No fitbit … Continue reading
I get this question a lot — “Where does rakeshlobster come from?” I was drinking with a bunch of friends at a bar in Milwaukee (I think it was the Safe House) when the B-52’s song “Rock Lobster” came on. … Continue reading
Although I’ve strongly criticized Yelp‘s business model in recent weeks, Yelp is an incredibly important platform for small businesses to be aware of and engage with. And unlike Groupon, which has almost no redeeming value, Yelp has created a valuable consumer … Continue reading
This is a Yelp advertiser agreement that I received from a source. I’ve removed elements that might identify the source or the salesperson. ADVERTISING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AD IMPRESSIONS PROGRAM AND ENHANCED PROFILE PROGRAM These Advertising Terms and Conditions (the … Continue reading
I had so much fun the last time I organized an ad hoc breakfast. I met some interesting people. The next breakfast will be in San Francisco at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, February 17. If you’re interested in attending, email … Continue reading
In the short-term, much of Facebook’s user growth will come from international markets. Unfortunately, that’s not where the money is. Based on my analysis of Facebook’s S-1, Facebook generated $13.99 in revenue for each U.S. user and $2.81 for foreign … Continue reading