I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Happy 50th birthday, @om. One of the valley's treasures. 5 hours ago
- Total cop out by @USATODAY. At least @dallasnews and @arizonarepublic had guts. usatoday.com/story/opinion/… 6 hours ago
- Apologies for all of those @englishpaulm tweets not being threaded. Twitter really needs an auto-thread mode, instead of current kludge. 6 hours ago
- "I think a lot of stuff we are designing is completely ludicrous." -@englishpaulm on engineers writing software for engineers. 7 hours ago
- "I didn't really work all that hard. I just worked in something that made a lot of money." @englishpaulm humility that is so rare in tech 7 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Could YouTube have come from a large company?
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading
Dear Andrew, I must admit I was surprised to read your email to employees yesterday. I say this because I’ve reached out to your PR team in the course of covering Groupon and they’ve often used the excuse that you’re … Continue reading
I’m interested in meeting with Groupon employees and former employees when I visit Chicago next week. I will be in town from the evening of Sept. 1 through the evening of Sept. 6 and would love to meet with you. … Continue reading
A couple of years ago, I’d ordered some business cards from Moo. At the same time I’d prepaid for my next pack. Atypically for me, I forgot to note the details of the offer. When it came time for me … Continue reading
Note: If you have Groupon or other daily deal experiences to share, please email email@example.com. Even in its revised S-1 issued last week, Andrew Mason’s letter directs potential shareholders to three key metrics: gross profit, free cash flow, and the … Continue reading