I am Senior Director of Product at Audible.
I have been designing and marketing Internet services since 1993. I have worked at Tellme, AOL Search, uReach Technologies, washingtonpost.com and startribune.com.
- Long thread and lots of data to grok, but well worth reading. Finally, someone who understands the concept of “li… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 minutes ago
- RT @CNN: “I want everyone to know that depression is treatable, and treatment works,” Sen. John Fetterman said following his discharge from… 21 minutes ago
- RT @airport_girl: I don’t need a wing desk, I don’t need a wing desk, I don’t need a wing desk… https://t.co/h0laZ9dSFs 25 minutes ago
- RT @VCBrags: @joshelman P*rnHub history sharing one was kinda funny tho menshealth.com/trending-news/… 34 minutes ago
- RT @gavinsblog: I wonder is @OpenAI performing the biggest act of "don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness" in human history. They ap… 39 minutes ago
- A finance guide for millionaires and billionaires
- Rakesh’s travel secrets for your holiday travel
- Lobsterclass – free classes on product management
- Getting down to numbers: quantitative research
- Pricing the COVID-19 vaccine
- Favorite things, day 1: podcasts
- Rakesh’s travel secrets for your holiday travels
- Favorite things, day 2: credit cards
- Favorite things, day 3: Hawaii
- TiVo remains king of TV
Daily Archives: May 17, 2007
Grab and go, on the honor system
I’ve spent a lot of time in airports lately. With the lack of food on planes, I’m often looking to grab a sandwich or a soda. Inevitably, I end up behind 8 people who want their triple decaf mocha ventis … Continue reading
Posted in customer service, travel 2 Comments
A successful DC Tech meetup
Congratulations to Frank Gruber on tonight’s successful launch of Tech Cocktail in DC. It was a full house with much of DC’s tech community. I hope to see more of it soon!