I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Maybe Macy's can have a one-day sale, with an extra 20% off and preview day Saturday for real estate. tcbmag.com/News/Recent-Ne… 1 day ago
- "assuming that the news media will be gullible and innumerate seems like a good bet." Always a safe bet. nyti.ms/2gTf4wq 1 day ago
- RT @felixsalmon: I like wonkish fiscal-policy analysis like this, it reminds me of pre-Trump Republicanism baselinescenario.com/2016/12/02/mor… 1 day ago
- RT @business: Sources confirm that Sirius XM has approached Pandora's board about a possible takeover. Here's what we know https://t.co/rtG… 1 day ago
- RT @MarcBodnick: Disagree. Amazon competes in fiercely competitive retail industry. Uber is building a true monopoly, or - at worst -the le… 1 day ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- What is art in the digital age?
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- So you're thinking about joining a startup...
- Touch-and-go credit card payments
- Rocky's travel secrets for your flights home
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
Monthly Archives: December 2006
I like ads. At least some ads. When I’m watching programs that I’ve recorded, I sometimes will rewind just to see an ad. These are usually ads from creative advertisers like Target and Apple. Occasionally, I want to share ads … Continue reading
Imagine a Tivo that could only record one channel, would only record shows that the networks thought you might be interested in, charged you every time you wanted to watch something and then would delete it whenever it wanted. Doesn’t … Continue reading
Comcast is testing the release of movies on settop boxes at the same time they are released on DVD, according to The New York Times. The tests are being conducted in Pittsburgh and Denver. The big winners in such a … Continue reading
News organizations are actively playing the SEO/SEM game. If you do a search for “Iraq War“, “taco bell“, “litvinenko“, you will get both organic results and sponsored links from major news sites. The sites take different approaches to where they … Continue reading
Metro is now offering access to real-time information on trains on its redesigned mobile site (http://content.wmata.com/mobile). This is the same information that’s displayed on station platforms, indicating the time until the next several trains. You can bookmark the pages for … Continue reading
I’m in the process of hiring two Senior Product Managers for AOL Search. The people I hire will be working on two very exciting and truly innovative products that have the potential to significantly improve the way more than 40 … Continue reading