I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- ZIRX gets strategic investment from BMW, launches parking service for enterprises venturebeat.com/2015/09/02/zir… 3 hours ago
- Great comment from @joshelman on the big challenge with Twitter. producthunt.com/live/josh-elma… 4 hours ago
- Digital ordering startup @Olo launches 'Dispatch,' connecting restaurants with delivery companies video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video… (advisor) 5 hours ago
- Great advice from @joshelman on product hunt live producthunt.com/live/josh-elman 2 days ago
- RT @ReutersTech: Instagram adds features to keep up with young, messaging users reut.rs/1PJvpP8 2 days ago
- How Microsoft enlisted an Indian tribe to design Thunder character in Killer Instinct September 3, 2015
- Amazon buys video processing company Elemental Technologies to bolster AWS September 3, 2015
- Apple starts Twitter account dedicated to gaming September 3, 2015
- Chrome’s latest performance improvements mean the browser uses less memory and battery life September 3, 2015
- Twitter open-sources Diffy, a tool for automatically spotting bugs in code September 3, 2015
- Intuit is killing its Slideshare competitor Docstoc on December 1 September 3, 2015
- Google Compute Engine launches Autoscaler out of beta September 3, 2015
- The next Apple TV: Everything we know so far September 3, 2015
- Bloomlagoon enters the collectible-card fray, announces Spirit Hunters for iOS September 3, 2015
- Samsung releases Gear S2 SDK, watch ships with Uber, ESPN, Yale, Nike, CNN apps September 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Monthly Archives: September 2012
I am trying to stay away from politics as much as possible this election cycle, but pandering, economic nonsense and journalistic incompetence get under my skin. Mitt Romney said today on Meet the Press that he wants to preserve the … Continue reading