I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Getting ready to launch @redesignmobile next week. Can't wait to show you what we're up to. 10 hours ago
- #ux #apple how could apple improve this Apple Pay screen? http://t.co/Hw0TsTxF7N 12 hours ago
- Nice. @americanexpress lets you apply for a card, get approved, get the card number online and spend $6,000 at @Nordstrom all in 15 mins 22 hours ago
- Is There a Connection Between Mental Health and Entrepreneurship?: UCSF study suggests that is the case. audio.californiareport.org/archive/R20150… 23 hours ago
- Interesting approach to marketing by @expensify http://t.co/wdyg7mQJ57 1 day ago
- My Apple Watch arrived today. Here are my first impressions April 24, 2015
- IPO Scorecard: Apigee’s down round gives win to early-stage VCs April 24, 2015
- The 5 best Apple Watch apps for the enterprise (so far) April 24, 2015
- Research firm Newzoo teams up with Chinese mobile-intelligence company April 24, 2015
- One game studio plans on releasing 10 Apple Watch games before June April 24, 2015
- Pinterest’s predictive board picker on iOS and Android cuts repinning time by 10% April 24, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: E-sports on ESPN 2, Steam sells mods, and the mobile worth of Kate Upton April 24, 2015
- Apigee pops 17% in Nasdaq debut after raising $87M in IPO April 24, 2015
- It’s not easy to make Apple Watch games, but developers are doing it anyway April 24, 2015
- Luxottica is working on a second version of Google Glass, CEO says it’s coming soon April 24, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Because manholes are round
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: September 2012
I am trying to stay away from politics as much as possible this election cycle, but pandering, economic nonsense and journalistic incompetence get under my skin. Mitt Romney said today on Meet the Press that he wants to preserve the … Continue reading