I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Apple boss: We have a human right to privacy via @mdudas telegraph.co.uk/technology/app… 1 day ago
- Outlook app users: anyway to add @tripit calendar to its calendar? 1 day ago
- RT @erikbryn: "in the entire history of the US airline industry, cumulative earnings have been negative $33B" vox.com/2014/8/27/6075… via @m… 1 day ago
- RT @kevinrose: Tim Cook says that the Apple Watch will "replace your cars keys", I disagree, @Uber will replace your car keys 1 day ago
- RT @VisaSecurity: [INFOGRAPHIC] What’s a chip card? vi.sa/1w0Yy3b http://t.co/3X4SsZMd3f 1 day ago
- The ‘connected car’ is creating a massive new business opportunity for auto, tech, and telecom companies March 2, 2015
- Here’s what entrepreneurship 3.0 looks like March 2, 2015
- Shakeup at Google! Bradley Horowitz reportedly now running Google+ March 2, 2015
- The new era of micro-multinationals March 2, 2015
- Sqore, which holds recruitment challenges for young talent, gets $3.5M from Northzone March 1, 2015
- Blackberry takes security, productivity, and communications tools cross-platform March 1, 2015
- Supersonic sees big growth for ‘rewarded video ads’ in mobile games (interview) March 1, 2015
- Canadian payment tech provider Mobeewave closes $6.5M round led by Russia’s SBT Venture Capital March 1, 2015
- Women in tech: Is the outrage helping or hurting? March 1, 2015
- Captain Kirk is answering questions about Spock on Twitter right now March 1, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon resource page
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Monthly Archives: September 2012
I am trying to stay away from politics as much as possible this election cycle, but pandering, economic nonsense and journalistic incompetence get under my skin. Mitt Romney said today on Meet the Press that he wants to preserve the … Continue reading