I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @qualityrye: Reservations transparency = listing "sold out" seats vs. "not offered" seats vs. how many seats left. Nice, @tock http://t.… 6 hours ago
- Shorted $WU yesterday based on my love for Facebook Messenger Money. 7% overnight return. Long way down. @davidmarcus 15 hours ago
- Testing (really) Facebook Messenger Money. http://t.co/bV8abnMJSE 1 day ago
- I'm up to 4 incredible products this year: @amazonecho @mypebblebee @googlephotos Apple Watch / cc @elatable 1 day ago
- I'm loving @mypebblebee. Great way to keep track of my keys. http://t.co/FTqi6lOxZV 1 day ago
- AOL to manage Microsoft ads: Why increased consolidation is good news July 3, 2015
- Ophan: Inside the Guardian’s data-driven newsroom July 3, 2015
- Cannes Lions: Advertising and marketing execs slowly learning to love their new tech overlords July 3, 2015
- Apple, BlackBerry, and Google: The next round of gadget leaks has begun July 3, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: Nintendo gets catty, mobile MOBA, and gaming rebellions July 3, 2015
- This is the rare PlayStation console built by Sony and Nintendo July 3, 2015
- The DeanBeat: 22 industry leaders sound off on gaming July 3, 2015
- Achieve Lending seeks $500K in crowdfunding for student loan search engine July 3, 2015
- Uber blames French woes on poor communication, but it has nothing to do with poor communication July 3, 2015
- Uber suspends UberPOP in France, citing safety and legal concerns July 3, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
Monthly Archives: September 2012
I am trying to stay away from politics as much as possible this election cycle, but pandering, economic nonsense and journalistic incompetence get under my skin. Mitt Romney said today on Meet the Press that he wants to preserve the … Continue reading