I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Apple boss: We have a human right to privacy via @mdudas telegraph.co.uk/technology/app… 1 day ago
- Outlook app users: anyway to add @tripit calendar to its calendar? 1 day ago
- RT @erikbryn: "in the entire history of the US airline industry, cumulative earnings have been negative $33B" vox.com/2014/8/27/6075… via @m… 1 day ago
- RT @kevinrose: Tim Cook says that the Apple Watch will "replace your cars keys", I disagree, @Uber will replace your car keys 1 day ago
- RT @VisaSecurity: [INFOGRAPHIC] What’s a chip card? vi.sa/1w0Yy3b http://t.co/3X4SsZMd3f 1 day ago
- Altimeter Group report finds possible win-win for brands and consumers in the Internet of things March 2, 2015
- Google unveils a slew of new features for Android game developers March 2, 2015
- Unreal Engine 4 goes free — but Epic Games still gets its 5% cut of your royalties March 2, 2015
- Zuckerberg, mobile carriers talk bottom line benefits of Internet.org March 2, 2015
- PayPal announces NFC-enabled card reader coming to Australia and the U.K. this summer, U.S. later this year March 2, 2015
- PayPal acquires mobile payment startup Paydiant March 2, 2015
- RockYou raises $23M in funding based on its business of running older games March 2, 2015
- Tapjoy unveils ‘complete marketing automation and monetization platform’ for freemium mobile apps March 2, 2015
- Not dead yet: Sales may be slowing, but iPad still 43 percent of all tablets in use March 2, 2015
- Ninja Metrics shows which ad networks are really delivering the most social and lucrative users March 2, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- My genius list
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: June 2012
I have a new bet with Felix Salmon of Reuters tied to an exit for Square. I win the bet if: Square is acquired on or before December 31, 2012 by anyone other than PayPal. Felix wins the bet if: … Continue reading
This post is an excerpt from a forthcoming book on Groupon. It’s a question I’m asked quite often by friends, family, journalists and once by a Groupon employee. Apparently, it’s plausible that I would. When I posted on April Fool’s … Continue reading
Groupon shares dropped to a new all-time low today as its lockup ended, releasing a torrent of new shares on to the market. Thirty minutes into the trading session, Groupon had already traded 75% of its average daily trading volume. … Continue reading