I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Why Google’s MVNO is unlikely to make a huge impact | redesign | mobile redesignmobile.com/2015/01/27/red… cc @amir @BenedictEvans 2 hours ago
- RT @pkedrosky: Advising a startup that their best strategy should be to "grow as fast as Uber" is breathtakingly stupid in its No Shit, She… 4 hours ago
- What service startups do I use and want to re-use? blog.agrawals.org/2015/01/27/tho… @uber @shyp @swapbox @trycaviar @Homejoy 5 hours ago
- This is a pair of jeans made by a 3D body scanner. That zipper is fully unzipped. Utter junk from @acustom. http://t.co/jKl1oI0YB2 5 hours ago
- I was thinking of starting #ux series on Twitter. But that might take me through end of year. 6 hours ago
- Tim Cook: ‘2015 will be the year of Apple Pay’ January 27, 2015
- Tim Cook says the Apple Watch will hit stores this April January 27, 2015
- You’re spending more time playing mobile games than ever before January 27, 2015
- SimCity BuildIt, FIFA, and EA Access lead Electronic Arts to record digital revenues January 27, 2015
- Apple Mac sales jumped 15% to 5.52M units last quarter, missing expectations January 27, 2015
- Apple breaks its sales records with 74.5M iPhones in Q1 2015, but iPad sales decline 21% to 21.4M January 27, 2015
- Apple announces monstrous quarter on strength of worldwide iPhone sales January 27, 2015
- EA was No. 1 publisher on Xbox One, PS4 in 2014 as Dragon Age: Inquisition sets record for BioWare January 27, 2015
- Yahoo raised mobile revenue 23% last quarter, will spin off remaining Alibaba stake January 27, 2015
- The future of marketing automation depends on data analytics at scale January 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Thoughts on service startups
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Monthly Archives: June 2012
I have a new bet with Felix Salmon of Reuters tied to an exit for Square. I win the bet if: Square is acquired on or before December 31, 2012 by anyone other than PayPal. Felix wins the bet if: … Continue reading
This post is an excerpt from a forthcoming book on Groupon. It’s a question I’m asked quite often by friends, family, journalists and once by a Groupon employee. Apparently, it’s plausible that I would. When I posted on April Fool’s … Continue reading
Groupon shares dropped to a new all-time low today as its lockup ended, releasing a torrent of new shares on to the market. Thirty minutes into the trading session, Groupon had already traded 75% of its average daily trading volume. … Continue reading