I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Uber’s transportation revolution is part of something much bigger- redesign | mobile redesignmobile.com/2015/04/29/red… 2 days ago
- RT @redesignmobile: Excited to announce the launch of @redesignmobile redesignmobile.com The nature of work is changing and we will hel… 3 days ago
- LIVE on #Periscope: AMA about redesignmobile periscope.tv/w/VyJ6FzU4NDM5… 4 days ago
- RT @bornonjuly4: Congrats @rakeshlobster for your successful launch of @redesignmobile cc @cherian_abraham 4 days ago
- Live transit info on Apple watch is fantastic use case. http://t.co/k1VJu5bZBM 5 days ago
- Meerkat for iOS now lets you publish livestreams to Facebook and links to your phone contacts May 3, 2015
- The Backed Pack: A smart home system, a flexible fun camera, & a solar-powered grill May 3, 2015
- Apple’s next iPad may be NFC-enabled with a 12.9-inch display, report says May 3, 2015
- 4 market categories with great brand-building opportunities May 3, 2015
- Where are the text analytics unicorns? May 3, 2015
- It’s all about personality: Bringing out humanity in robots May 3, 2015
- Willow Garage interns were ‘the vectors spreading’ Robot Operating System to the world May 3, 2015
- A short tour of the semi-secret projects inside Valve’s headquarters (photo gallery) May 3, 2015
- Windows 10 to Media Center: nope May 2, 2015
- Dave Goldberg, SurveyMonkey CEO and Sheryl Sandberg’s husband, died Friday May 2, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Groupon resource page
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: June 2012
I have a new bet with Felix Salmon of Reuters tied to an exit for Square. I win the bet if: Square is acquired on or before December 31, 2012 by anyone other than PayPal. Felix wins the bet if: … Continue reading
This post is an excerpt from a forthcoming book on Groupon. It’s a question I’m asked quite often by friends, family, journalists and once by a Groupon employee. Apparently, it’s plausible that I would. When I posted on April Fool’s … Continue reading
Groupon shares dropped to a new all-time low today as its lockup ended, releasing a torrent of new shares on to the market. Thirty minutes into the trading session, Groupon had already traded 75% of its average daily trading volume. … Continue reading