I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Airbnb Adds Liability Coverage for Hosts... About f*ing time. recode.net/2014/11/20/air… Still not enough for HNWI. 39 minutes ago
- Just as important, not the people who aren't on the list. There might be some omissions, but a lot aren't on it for a reason. 54 minutes ago
- Calling out shoddy tech journalism sounds like a brilliant idea. Want to avoid in the first place? Follow these ppl: twitter.com/rakeshlobster/… 55 minutes ago
- #ux #geotargeting just because i'm now in japan doesn't mean i can read japanese. cookies should trump IP address for l12n. 21 hours ago
- I find that the M word is too often abused. many cases where it is appropriate but also too much crying wolf to suppress discussion. 1 day ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- An apology, an explanation and a bunch of thank yous
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- How not to design an ATM
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Last summer, Virgin America ran an incredible deal for air travel. I bought too many and need to get rid of some of them. These are great vouchers that are good for any city in Virgin’s route map. They are … Continue reading
Some of you undoubtedly noticed that I didn’t write up my views on Groupon’s earnings. It’s not because Groupon suddenly proved that I’ve been wrong for the past year. To the contrary, Groupon’s earnings report reinforced everything I believe about … Continue reading
I have a bet with Alex Lawrence that is a derivative of my bet with Paul Kedrosky. If I win my bet with Kedrosky on 5/15, I win the bet with Lawrence. This means that at the end of trading on … Continue reading
Here are some more PR tips for startups: Be out there. Reporters often get story ideas or thoughts for sources by doing Google searches or looking through blogs. If you have a strong presence elsewhere, it increased the odds that … Continue reading
I was in New Orleans for Jazz Fest this week, but managed to get more writing in than I expected. For the first time this week, we saw Groupon drop below 50% of its initial IPO price of $20, closing … Continue reading