I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Great response from @finkd to @pmarca and @BenedictEvans. facebook.com/zuck/posts/101… Would love to see @sundarpichai weigh in here. 9 hours ago
- RT @usatodaytech: Twitter tries to reassure on MAUs: They’re already returning to Q3 levels $TWTR usatoday.com/story/tech/new… 10 hours ago
- RT @maxrogo: @rakeshlobster "The often cited "10x" revenue multiple just simply isn't a rule anymore." When was that ever an actual rule? .… 10 hours ago
- Great stuff here. Revenue multiples are falling and still massive differences between public and private valuations. twitter.com/mvellank/statu… 11 hours ago
- A public Twitter run by the postal service? Uh huh. One of the dumbest ideas I've read. nymag.com/following/2016… 11 hours ago
- Watch an iOS game get ported to Windows 10 in under 5 minutes February 11, 2016
- IBM’s SoftLayer has quietly blocked users in Iran February 11, 2016
- Microsoft now has 74 hardware partners pre-installing its apps on Android devices February 11, 2016
- Student.com raises $60M (and its profile) to help international students find somewhere to live February 11, 2016
- The world doesn’t need another Tableau February 10, 2016
- FanDuel shuts down Florida game studio and lays off 55 February 10, 2016
- Tesla expects to become profitable in 2016, shares rise February 10, 2016
- Zynga pins hopes on ad revenue potential and high-end Dawn of Titans strategy game February 10, 2016
- Mark Zuckerberg responds to investor Marc Andreessen’s colonialism tweets February 10, 2016
- Twitter is fixing that thing where you type “.@” for everyone to see your tweet February 10, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Because manholes are round
- More bad news for newspapers: hotels going green
- Old gnews is bad gnews for United Airlines
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Technology's effects on our language
Daily Archives: August 30, 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading