I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @ampressman: RT @lisascherzer: A depressing and nifty map. In 1950 there were 386 bookstores in Manhattan. Last year just 106. http://t.… 41 minutes ago
- Is there s Twitter client that lets me default to a list instead Of timeline? 3 hours ago
- RT @mdudas: Google Now collecting info from 3rd party @OnDemandEconomy apps as it aims to become your mobile concierge: http://t.co/xHSIbX6… 3 hours ago
- 2/ A broken business model gets in the way of consumer experience and makes restaurants less efficient. 4 hours ago
- 1/Hate it when I see a restaurant as sold out on OpenTable when there is availability on the phone. 4 hours ago
- Tencent grabs the digital rights to NBA basketball in China January 30, 2015
- Check out these playbooks from successful industry cloud startups January 30, 2015
- Nintendo wants a taste of your YouTube action — and creators hate it January 30, 2015
- Here are the predictions for who will win the Super Bowl — of ads January 30, 2015
- Romney could have announced 2016 on any outlet on Earth. He chose Medium January 30, 2015
- Months after ‘God View’ fiasco, Uber is updating privacy policies January 30, 2015
- Google Ventures releases new DIY guide to help startups design better products January 30, 2015
- Cricket Wireless ups data allotments in basic plans January 30, 2015
- Google Now for Android gains the ability to show cards from third-party apps January 30, 2015
- How OpenSignal uses millions of smartphones to create a giant social laboratory January 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- My genius list
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Daily Archives: August 30, 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading