I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Raised money 3 times this weekend. Once by phone, once by Twitter, once by Facebook Messenger. Anyone want to do G+? #startuplife 3 hours ago
- Sysadmin, wireframer, data modeler, engineering manager, CEO, PR rep, fundraiser, marketer. #startuplife @redesignmobile launches Wed! 7 hours ago
- RT @redesignmobile: Our CEO, @rakeshlobster, will be holding an AMA on Wednesday at 2 p.m. PDT. Ask anything you want about the launch of @… 7 hours ago
- LIVE on #Periscope: Prep for Wednesday AMA. periscope.tv/w/Vx4uCzU4NDM5… 7 hours ago
- If you haven't shut off @periscopeco notifications yet, Apple Watch will ensure you do. If Watch gets rid of spammy notifications, good. 19 hours ago
- The top 14 skills in the red hot market for marketing jobs April 26, 2015
- Why, dear God, haven’t you started marketing yet? April 26, 2015
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s single-player campaign takes you deep into a cybernetic quandary April 26, 2015
- After 6 Call of Duty games, Treyarch is hitting its stride with Black Ops III April 26, 2015
- The negative consequences of blindly supportive friends April 26, 2015
- The rise of the Chief Revenue Officers: Silicon Valley’s new secret sauce April 26, 2015
- Nokia denies reports it will manufacture or sell consumer phones April 26, 2015
- 2016 Toyota Mirai is first fuel-cell car to pace a NASCAR race April 26, 2015
- Why Amazon paid for 2,000 employees to take classes in things like airplane mechanics and nursing April 26, 2015
- The future of augmented reality could be a contact lens (podcast) April 25, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon's cost of revenue is soaring
Daily Archives: August 30, 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading