I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I still miss the power of eassySABRE though. #travelgeek #old 2 hours ago
- My favorite travel apps (3/3) http://t.co/1LYz4Rq3s2 2 hours ago
- My favorite travel apps (2/3) http://t.co/g4hHeFvJhV 2 hours ago
- My favorite travel apps (1/3) http://t.co/xakYsinNjt 2 hours ago
- My travel secrets for your holiday travel. I haven't updated this in a while, but the tips still apply. venturebeat.com/2011/11/22/roc… 2 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- An apology, an explanation and a bunch of thank yous
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- How not to design an ATM
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Daily Archives: August 30, 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading