I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Google's new timeline is interesting, creepy and incomplete. venturebeat.com/2015/07/27/han… 15 hours ago
- eBay Now rapid-delivery service shut down - CNET cnet.com/news/ebay-now-… There was no chance in hell this was going to work. 20 hours ago
- Interesting load balancing by @lyft. Would you wait 10 minutes to save $6. For me, varies by circumstance. http://t.co/aM18kjwLOY 1 day ago
- RT @mdudas: The 2016 version of Monopoly comes with an EMV card reader. Critical to prevent against "Do not pass Go" fraud... https://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @BrianRoemmele: 💳 ➡️ 💻 Discovered a fascinating method that allows @Stripe to be used as a payment method for retail POS systems. It … 2 days ago
- Android users can now say ‘Ok Google’ to send messages via WhatsApp, WeChat, NextPlus, Telegram, and Viber July 28, 2015
- Motorola unveils new Moto X Style, Moto X Play, and Moto G smartphones July 28, 2015
- Opera Mediaworks: Android and iOS battle it out for top mobile ad money-maker July 28, 2015
- Amazon Rolls Out the Red Carpet for Startups with Amazon Launchpad July 28, 2015
- Etsy updates search to help consumers make sense of its 30M products July 28, 2015
- Amazon takes aim at startups with a new marketplace called Launchpad July 28, 2015
- Google Compute Engine now lets you bring your own encryption keys, free of charge July 28, 2015
- Hide, copywriters! Here comes Persado’s first self-service version of its writing machine July 28, 2015
- Amazon launches Prime Music streaming service in the U.K., first market outside the U.S. July 28, 2015
- LinkedIn is taking steps to reduce the number of emails users get July 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Touch-and-go credit card payments
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Why I'm joining Groupon
Daily Archives: August 30, 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading