I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 7 hours ago
- Crowd sourcing: what to do a on a coooooold Saturday in NYC? 14 hours ago
- Huge congratulations to @skrenta and @glindahl on @blemish joining IBM Watson. Fantastic team. 14 hours ago
- LIVE on #Periscope: Live from Times Square periscope.tv/w/VvfnWDU4NDM5… 14 hours ago
- RT @Chris_DL: New version of BBC News Headlines for @Pebble in color, with timeline! New design will also be available on Aplite. http://t.… 1 day ago
- Boeing has patented a ‘Star Wars’-style force field March 29, 2015
- A 4-inch iPhone 6 would be welcomed by many users (but will Apple deliver?) March 28, 2015
- The five most ignorant media myths about electric cars March 28, 2015
- The Backed Pack: A security sensor, an all-in-one charger, & a smart messenger bag March 28, 2015
- Social-good gaming will only reach its potential when women do too March 28, 2015
- Employment attorneys differ on the legacy of Ellen Pao case March 28, 2015
- Hillary Clinton deleted everything on her email server March 28, 2015
- Dear VCs: Clean up your websites March 28, 2015
- Startups cash in on the cashless economy: TRANSACT 15 (March 31- April 2) March 28, 2015
- Super Evil Megacorp’s Kristian Segerstrale and IGDA’s Kate Edwards join GamesBeat Summit March 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- My genius list
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Daily Archives: August 30, 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading