I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- A reminder that your Instagram photos aren’t really yours: Someone else can sell them for $90,000 washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-bl… 21 hours ago
- It's amazing how quickly @Bankoff took a sports blogging network and turned it into a media powerhouse. 1 day ago
- Congratulations to @karaswisher and @Bankoff. A great combination. 1 day ago
- Landlord just hit me with a 22% rent increase. #lifeinSF #talkrent 1 day ago
- Simple and very useful @Target watch feature. http://t.co/VhbiqeYkYL 5 days ago
- How to win the talent war without outspending your competition May 28, 2015
- Lenovo demos new smart shoes with a screen that displays your mood May 28, 2015
- Trustpilot takes in $73.5M for its consumer review platform May 28, 2015
- Augmented-reality company Metaio has mysteriously stopped selling its services May 28, 2015
- Google may be set to leapfrog Apple in mobile payments with Android Pay May 28, 2015
- An electric-car future is coming, just more slowly than predicted May 28, 2015
- B2C messaging on WhatsApp: A mobile marketer’s dream May 28, 2015
- GoPro announces a $3,000 spherical camera rig for capturing VR video May 28, 2015
- Twitch won’t let users stream AO-rated games May 28, 2015
- Email marketing providers: Evolve or die May 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Watson vs. Google
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Daily Archives: August 30, 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading