I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Twitter gets more earned media than all the Super Bowl ads combined. The trick is to capitalize on it. 17 hours ago
- Pizza delivery shops should have surge pricing on super bowl Sunday to smooth demand. Peak price probably middle of second quarter. 1 day ago
- RT @danprimack: The story of @realDonaldTrump trying to take an old lady's house for his casino project washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/styl… 2 days ago
- Medicare and VA are socialized medicine. Maybe we should get rid of them. #GOPDebate 2 days ago
- And don't forget that my mom endorsed me. Please clap. #GOPDebate 2 days ago
- Communications startup ThinkingPhones rebrands as Fuze, raises $112 million February 9, 2016
- Adblock Fast returns to Google Play a week after being pulled February 9, 2016
- Starwood Hotels’ luxury at scale requires emotional analytics February 9, 2016
- Chinese startup opportunities in focus at upcoming Emerging Companies Summit February 9, 2016
- Data cleaning software company Trifacta raises $35 million February 9, 2016
- Snapchat and Viacom extend global advertising deal February 9, 2016
- Club Prophet Systems Adds ACH Payments Option via linked2pay API February 9, 2016
- Twitter forms Trust and Safety Council amid concerns it has become a cesspool of hateful trolls February 9, 2016
- Amazon takes on Unity et al with Lumberyard, a free cross-platform game engine February 9, 2016
- GameTrailers shuts game video hub after 13 years February 9, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Watson vs. Google
Monthly Archives: August 2009
As I’ve been figuring out what to do next, I’ve also spent a lot of time thinking about what I’ve done in the past. The sad reality of building Web products is that your work quickly disappears. Just as waves … Continue reading
I’ve been doing a lot of travel the last few years and have gone through a lot of airports. There are huge variations in quality from airport to airport and even within terminals of the same airport. A few stand … Continue reading
Today marks the second anniversary of the launch of Virgin America, an upstart carrier that has inspired many loyal followers. Virgin America is a clear example of the benefits of starting from scratch. Among Virgin’s features: Brand new planes. Cheerful … Continue reading
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading