I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bye 1 week ago
- RT @TradeEconomista: Worthy reminder: Steve Jobs biological father was also a #SyrianRefugee @APPLEOFFIClAL @DisneyPixar https://t.co/2… 2 weeks ago
- The Marriott deal likely means another blow for @AmericanExpress. And my favorite card -- the @StarwoodBuzz AmEx will be no more. :( 2 weeks ago
- Marriott Buying Starwood in Deal Valued at $12.2 Billion bloomberg.com/news/articles/… FUCK. 2 weeks ago
- RT @Eater: In-N-Out Burger sues DoorDash for delivering burgers without its permission eater.com/2015/11/11/971… 2 weeks ago
- Windows 10 hits 9% market share, El Capitan takes first among OS X versions December 1, 2015
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Microsoft expand cloud partnership with hardware December 1, 2015
- OnePlus launches $20 sandstone iPhone case to show Apple fans ‘what they’re missing’ December 1, 2015
- 5 big predictions for 2016: Best apps will be more intuitive, boost ad relevance December 1, 2015
- That’s not a blade of grass — It’s a Freescale Internet of Things chip December 1, 2015
- 317 companies, $10B in funding, and 110K employees: Inside sales startups exploding December 1, 2015
- Adobe rebrands Flash Pro as Animate CC to encourage ‘new Web standards’ December 1, 2015
- HIVE Streaming Integrated with Skype Meeting Broadcast December 1, 2015
- Google adds a bookmarking system for images in search so you can easily find them later December 1, 2015
- GrabTaxi adds Flash button for instant rides, mandatory ratings, e-receipts hub, and business ride tags December 1, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
- Why Google's acquisition of Zagat matters
Monthly Archives: August 2009
As I’ve been figuring out what to do next, I’ve also spent a lot of time thinking about what I’ve done in the past. The sad reality of building Web products is that your work quickly disappears. Just as waves … Continue reading
I’ve been doing a lot of travel the last few years and have gone through a lot of airports. There are huge variations in quality from airport to airport and even within terminals of the same airport. A few stand … Continue reading
Today marks the second anniversary of the launch of Virgin America, an upstart carrier that has inspired many loyal followers. Virgin America is a clear example of the benefits of starting from scratch. Among Virgin’s features: Brand new planes. Cheerful … Continue reading
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading