I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I imagine @uber records have already been subpoenaed in divorce proceedings. If not, they will be. 24 minutes ago
- TV cops would save a lot of time calling cab companies to track down perps if all the victims and perps used @uber. 29 minutes ago
- Oh, the New York Times. (Former?)Columnists plagiarizes The Daily Currant. Doesn't realize she's stealing fake quote. jimromenesko.com/2014/11/23/i-w… 7 hours ago
- I still miss the power of eassySABRE though. #travelgeek #old 21 hours ago
- My favorite travel apps (3/3) http://t.co/1LYz4Rq3s2 21 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- An apology, an explanation and a bunch of thank yous
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Because manholes are round
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: August 2009
As I’ve been figuring out what to do next, I’ve also spent a lot of time thinking about what I’ve done in the past. The sad reality of building Web products is that your work quickly disappears. Just as waves … Continue reading
I’ve been doing a lot of travel the last few years and have gone through a lot of airports. There are huge variations in quality from airport to airport and even within terminals of the same airport. A few stand … Continue reading
Today marks the second anniversary of the launch of Virgin America, an upstart carrier that has inspired many loyal followers. Virgin America is a clear example of the benefits of starting from scratch. Among Virgin’s features: Brand new planes. Cheerful … Continue reading
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading